PDA

View Full Version : In a thousand years, even you may be worth something!

Jowy
08-27-2012, 01:17 AM
There's really no wrong choice, they are all really good.

I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Ark right now. No mine carts!

Jinx
08-27-2012, 01:21 AM
There's no option for those of us who've never watched Indian Jones, nor have any desire to do so.

Jowy
08-27-2012, 01:22 AM
That's because you aren't invited to this discussion.

Raistlin
08-27-2012, 01:53 AM
I love Raiders and Temple of Doom pretty equally; I voted Temple of Doom just because it's usually ranked below Raiders. The Last Crusade is also entertaining, but the corny sappiness of the Holy Grail puts it slightly under the rest. I approve of the poll ignoring the latest atrocity.

There's no option for those of us who've never watched Indian Jones, nor have any desire to do so.

That is just un-American. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Pike
08-27-2012, 01:59 AM
The Temple of Doom just fascinated me when I was a kid, something about that whole "I'm gonna rip your heart out and you'll still be alive" trick would just leave me impressed. So I'm voting for that.

Faris
08-27-2012, 02:18 AM
You are making me chose? HOW DARE YOU >:O!!

Tigmafuzz
08-27-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm so glad Crystal Skull isn't on the list. If it were an option and somebody chose it, even as a joke, I would be forced to travel through the internets and choke the living shit out of them for such blasphemy.

Hollycat
08-27-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm so glad Crystal Skull isn't on the list. If it were an option and somebody chose it, even as a joke, I would be forced to travel through the internets and choke the living tit out of them for such blasphemy.
THis

Madame Adequate
08-27-2012, 04:52 AM

Quite literally the worst post ever made on these forums, and I am going to confer with the staff over whether to permaban you and report you to the FBI :colbert:

blackmage_nuke
08-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Crystal Skull wasnt too bad the second time I watched it.

I liked Grail and Raiders pretty equally (I think Grail was the first one I saw), Temple wouldve been great without Short-Round.

Jowy
08-27-2012, 01:24 PM

Quite literally the worst post ever made on these forums, and I am going to confer with the staff over whether to permaban you and report you to the FBI :colbert:

The system works!

Slothy
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
The Last Crusade is also entertaining, but the corny sappiness of the Holy Grail puts it slightly under the rest.

The Grail may have been a bit corny and sappy, but Sean Connery more than makes up for it for me.

escobert
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
The Last Crusade of course. Sean Connery is the man and that's all there is to it. Temple of Doom is the weakest imo.

Mercen-X
08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I voted Temple of Doom just because it's usually ranked below Raiders.

Legitimate voting aside, I chooose Crystal Skull, if only as a way to tell Tigmafuzz to kiss my tall green grass.

Bunny
08-28-2012, 04:31 AM
I'm so glad Crystal Skull isn't on the list. If it were an option and somebody chose it, even as a joke, I would be forced to travel through the internets and choke the living tit out of them for such blasphemy.

Three words: Nuke the Fridge.

Several more words: Crystal Skull is the best Indiana Jones movie.

The Man
08-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Crystal Skull wasn't that bad but it wasn't as good as the first three.

Raiders was the best. Last Crusade was probably a close second but it's been ages since I've seen Temple of Doom so I can't say for sure.

edczxcvbnm
08-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Raiders is an easy pick for me. The Last Crusade was good but I didn't care as much for Indy's rival in that movie as I did in Raiders. I thought in Raiders that Dr. Belloq held very similar beliefs and reverence for the treasures they both seek but that the methods and end games were different and conflicting thus providing a damn near perfect mirror Indy.

That said Temple of Doom is a horrible pile of shit. Crystal Skull was a bit of a mess. It probably would have been a fine movie had it been made 15 years before they actually made it. Hollywood has changed and Spielberg had changed too much as a director...I mean...Indiana kill no one in the movie and the bad guys were barely bad as well. I know that is kind of petty in a way but at the same time I feel it reflects how they treated the material and it grew too far apart from its pulp roots.

I Took the Red Pill
08-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Raiders.

Pike
08-28-2012, 10:18 AM
>all the people not liking Temple of Doom

You guys are weird.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Kali Ma. Kali Ma. Kali Ma! Kali Ma! KALI MA! KALI MA! KALI MA!

Jiro
08-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Fuck. How do I split them? I don't know. Maybe Temple of Doom for me. Either way, this thread has reminded me of the fact that I need to watch them all again. Soon. Also supporting MILF in his decision to ban Tifa's Boobs: absolutely unacceptable.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 11:56 AM
CUVER YOR HEART, INDY!

Shiny
08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Crystal Skull had Shia LaBeouf though so naturally, I dislike it. I only liked him in Even Stevens. Anyway, I'll go with Raiders of the Lost Ark. Lots of great classic scenes in there. In initially picked Temple of Doom because I thought the knife vs. gun scene was in that one.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Knife vs Gun is in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom, though in the latter Indy doesn't have his gun.

escobert
08-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Crystal Skull had Shia LaBeouf though so naturally, I dislike it.

Will you marry me?

Madonna
08-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky.

Shorty
08-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Raiders is the only acceptable answer and it is one of the greatest films of all time.

Foo
09-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Raiders is my favorite movie.

I can watch it anytime and I always enjoy it. The pacing, the fantastic action, the Goddamn NAZI MONKEY!

http://arenagames.org/forum/for-images/eyesonff/Monkey.jpg

Temple of Doom is fun, but it isn't even in the same conversation as Raiders.

Last Crusade is also a very solid movie. Sean Connery is great and I can overlook the cheesy parts. The scene where the tank is heading towards the cliff will get your heart pounding. See my signature

Chris
09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Raiders and Last Crusade. I cannot choose, but most likely Raiders.

Mercen-X
09-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Raiders of the Last Crystal Skull of Doom!

Shlup
09-06-2012, 01:59 AM
I haven't seen these movies. Except for the part where the guy pulls out the other guy's heart.

Araciel
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Temple.
Two words:
Short Round!

Del Murder
09-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies of all time. It really is a great adventure and even with the sequels it still remains the best Indiana Jones movie. Last Crusade is also very good and the addition of Connery is pretty excellent. Temple of Doom is ok but far behind the 1st and 3rd movies in my opinion. Crystal Skull is lol

>all the people not liking Temple of Doom

You guys are weird.
Temple of Doom is missing one key element to all Indiana Jones movies. Nazis. Without Nazis it's not really Indiana Jones.

Mirage
09-24-2012, 06:18 AM
I've only seen fragments of various indiana jones movies, and it feels terrible. :(.

Laddy
09-24-2012, 06:25 AM
The whole series is good, but Raiders is my personal favorite.

Again, Nazis.

Tigmafuzz
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Temple of Doom is missing one key element to all Indiana Jones movies. Nazis. Without Nazis it's not really Indiana Jones.

You're missing something.

I want you to think about how awesome Temple of Doom would have been with Nazis.

Del Murder
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Pretty damn awesome. Too bad in reality it doesn't have them. :D

The Captain
09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Raiders was the first and introduced Indiana Jones to the world. It was overall the best movie. Raiders remains a great movie even all these years later, one that all adventure movies inevitably get compared to and rightfully so.

Temple of Doom was the movie that essentially created the PG-13 label and remains one of the more fun movies ever made, with lots of crazy set-pieces including the mine cart, the bridge in the finale and who can forget a certain raft ride off of a plane?

Crusade is by far the most entertaining and funniest movie, because Ford and Connery have wonderful chemistry. I really think Connery should have done more comedy before he retired. It lacks a strong central villain but almost makes up for it by being so damn fun.

Crystal Skull has... some fun moments, mostly as references to the earlier movies, which isn't a good sign.

I really hope we do not see another Indy movie. Three was the perfect amount. Four kind of made a mess of things. I shudder to think where five would take us.

Take care all.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
If ever a fifth were to be made, it would require a different director, as Lucas is not what he used to be, a different cast, as Ford's Indy time has come and gone, and different script-writers, as the Crystal Skull group did a god-awful job.

So yeah, I'd like to see another Indiana Jones film, as long as it wasn't about Indiana Jones. There aren't enough great explorer films.

Chris
09-25-2012, 01:59 PM
I can't get over the fact that the last movie had aliens in it. Also, Shia Labeouf. Unforgivable mistakes.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I think aliens in South America are more likely that Shy Beef being in any way daring, dashing and/or heroic. All three of those are necessary to even be allowed to stand next to Indiana Jones, let alone take up his mantle.

Chris
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Shia is the next Indy. I think the sooner that we accept that, the more money we'll save on counselling.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2012, 02:43 PM
And the more money I'll save on going to the cinema.

krissy
09-25-2012, 04:58 PM
raiders

last crusade

temple of doom

Laddy
09-25-2012, 06:07 PM
By the way, who would you guys pick to play a newer Indiana Jones?

Old Manus
09-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Michael Cera

Shorty
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Discussion of anyone beside Harrison Ford playing Indy will result in banment :aimmad:

Jinx
09-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Dakoda Barker.

krissy
09-25-2012, 06:59 PM
what's got two thumbs and overinflated expectations for my acting career?

this guy!

Night Fury
09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
I like The Last Crusade the best, but honestly I love all three movies, but Sean Connery really sways me to vote for the third.

Tigmafuzz
09-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Discussion of anyone beside Harrison Ford playing Indy will result in banment :aimmad:

Dakoda Barker.

I'm so torn.