PDA

View Full Version : The Second Life Final Fantasy VIII Roleplay Project

Timsierramist
08-28-2012, 02:11 AM
I saw some Second Life Balamb Garden vids on youtube a few nights ago and went on a search to find it in game. Turns out, the project to build Balamb Garden has been discontinued for months due to "management issues" (was the quote I got). But my search did turn up a new group dedicated to that same dream of having some much needed Final Fantasy VIII roleplay areas for fans of the game.

I met up with the Galbadia Garden group and enjoyed one of their current projects, Galbadia Garden, and immediately joined up.

I've never been much of a roleplayer until I saw a dream come true. Final Fantasy VII in high quality graphics and now Final Fantasy VIII in the works.

The in game group, Galbadia Garden, is dedicated to the authentic recreation of Final Fantasy VIII role play areas. The current major project is Galbadia Garden, and other areas in the immediate future include Timber and Dollet.

As a side project, I am personally working to create Esthar City, as daunting of a task for 1 person as that is, along with other areas on the outskirts including Sorceress memorial,

If anyone would be interested in finding out more, would like to help out, or simply become a part of this expanding community, please instant message in Second Life: Jacky Deanimator.

Or search for group "Galbadia Garden".

And enjoy this youtube video of a part of Galbadia Garden. Other areas have been created, such as the dorms, and I am currently working to create the video and upload it on the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTWcGQOSTuU

Jiro
08-29-2012, 05:14 AM
I'd like to see more videos once you've made them. It's cool to see how accurately you've recreated it all. I was disappointed by the lack of students doing push ups though :(

Mercen-X
08-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow. I was expecting legos. This is the first time I've seen actual video of Second Life. I've only ever read about it in magazines. Well, I saw the pictures anyway.

Christmas
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I think the ladies in second life have a problem on standing still! :bigsmile:

Timsierramist
09-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Since someone requested another video, I'll show you the Dorms/classrooms that were made.

Galbadia Garden Dorms in Second Life - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6uDh_qinOA)

I've begun a long term, one man project to recreate Esthar City, mostly, but it's as daunting as it sounds.

In any case, it will get accomplished, one building, one skyway at a time.

Jiro
09-03-2012, 06:55 AM
That's awesome, I like what I'm seeing!

Mercen-X
09-06-2012, 04:18 AM
I think I saw Tifa&Cloud, Yuna, and, well, erm... someone on a vehicle?

Timsierramist
09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I think I saw Tifa&Cloud, Yuna, and, well, erm... someone on a vehicle?

Correct. I think the guy on the motorcycle was Cloud from Advent children, but I didn't take a good enough look to see. I'll have to make sure they "light up" the image, an option in Second Life.