PDA

View Full Version : Quin's... something... and uh... just a... hey, it's Umaro! :jess:

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 08:54 AM
It was going well. Contributions and ideas galore. Then Bleys - at my request, I must concede - sends me an FF6 rom. I am now 20 hours in.

Fuck.

Fortunately Raist was there to pick up the slack (thank god I made him deputy! :tongue:) and keep Bleys and Vivi doing what they do best, i.e. all the work.

This was a great round. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice job, whoever-made-it-up! I hope that I can pretend to help make our event a reality sometime. :bigsmile:

Jiro
08-28-2012, 09:25 AM
At least you spent your time doing something good.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Damn good.

Jiro
08-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Fuck yeah. Who's your favourite character thus far?

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Oof...uh, I guess Sabin, although it's a bastard of a question. FF6 doesn't work the same way as all the other FFs I've played!

Jiro
08-29-2012, 02:01 AM
Sabin is pretty darn cool. I love the Figaro bros. Hell I love all the characters. It's hard to choose :(

Quindiana Jones
08-29-2012, 10:52 AM
All the other FFs have lead roles that are typically made cooler than everyone else, whereas FF6 really focuses on the aspect of "we're all fighting this battle together", so nobody really stands out. And by that, I don't mean that nobody is especially good, I mean that everybody is especially good. They all have their roles and completely different stories to tell.

Del Murder
08-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Quin, you have impressed us so far with a strong performance. I hope it continues. What has been your impression of the competition so far?

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure if you mean competition as in the people or the event, so I'll give my opinion on both!

If I'm honest, though, I've not really been paying much attention to the other people in the CK comp. I joined up because, firstly, these events are always really fun and, secondly, I figure it may be time to start helping out with the site after 7 years. Lose or win, I'm happy. My only opinion of my competitors is that there are some that I think would make excellent mods, and others that I think would make terrible mods. I'm completely unsurprised that people like Shorty, Sephex and Vivi are still in the runnings, and I've been especially impressed by millie. I think she's too new a newbie to take up a staff position right now - though that may just be my old man prejudices acting up - but I'm damned happy that we can still bring in members like that.

In terms of the competition itself, the rounds have been brilliant. Round one was a great idea, and has worked better than I would have imagined for ensuring continued participation in the lower forums. Most of the threads made were good quality; they were interesting, engaging and fun. It's died down a little now that the round is over and the threads have been made, but there's still activity across the board. It's great to see the blue chocobo everywhere! :choc2:

Round two, similarly, was a stroke of genius. I had, in my opinion, the best team in terms of members, and it was great working with them, as it were. It's actually coming into contact with Bleys that got me playing FFVI and, by extension, FFII, IV, and V, so if nothing else this competition was worth it for that alone. I'm impressed and excited by all of the ideas that each team came up with and, once I'm settled in France and have a little stability and time, I fully intend to get involved with making them a reality if it hasn't already happened. The events of Teams 2 and 3 would need some time between them, as they are too similar and would likely cause event fatigue in the members. Yeah, event fatigue. I use terms like that, apparently.

This answer was probably longer and more serious and therefore poncier than you expected, but hey, you asked! Plus, there's a lot to talk about. I'm looking forward to round three. :D

Jiro
08-30-2012, 08:26 AM
I did smell some similarities in the events but either way they're both looking like they will be fun, as will your own group's event. I was especially impressed by the sheer value the site gained from this small round. Genius work by our event creators, no?

I don't mean to insult you (but I will) but you are actually gaining more and more momentum in this for me. At first I thought you would make a terrible CK because you are too much of a joker and not active enough but I think you've hit a point where you've mellowed a little and are still able to have fun but aren't prone to do anything that will get you in trouble (ie pulling a "Jiro" or a "Baloki" or a "Steve"). :p Look now I'm rambling. What I mean to say is that you're winning me over and I'm sure it's working on everyone else too. Keep it up, brah. I'm proud of you :heart:

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Is this the part where we kiss? :blush:

Jiro
08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Gosh I hope so :shobon:

Del Murder
08-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I meant your opinion of the competition as in the event itself, though your assessment of the other Squires was pretty insightful, Like Jiro my main concern is that you are too much of a joker and wouldn't take things seriously (well as seriously as moderating a FF forum needs, which isn't much, Psychotic is an admin here after all). But your response certainly quelled that doubt. As a joker myself I know where the line is and it seems you do too.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Not all the time, Del. ;)

Del Murder
08-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Well, then, I'm sorry, but...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mn-0EhjdeJM/TER3N6BK0uI/AAAAAAAAAxU/ufyGoxEEB8c/s1600/trumpfired.jpg

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2012, 11:15 AM
:onoes:

Jiro
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
That's the official macro Quin. You're out.

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
That man appears to be having a stroke.

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Oh you're a serious Knight?

pfff.

:colbert:

I believed in you.

Quindiana Jones
09-01-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't do it on purpose!

Jiro
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
You do everything on purpose.

Quindiana Jones
09-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I do everything near purpose, but rarely on it.

Pike
09-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Quin I think you're doing great and I'm super impressed with your work so far! Speaking for myself personally I'd love to have you on team! Then we can troll together to our hearts' content.

Madame Adequate
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Well I think anyone who goes to Franch to try and find a cheese as smelly as that beneath his foreskin is suitably only for the big house :colbert:

Del Murder
09-02-2012, 12:00 AM
MILF, you are fired for that post.

Pike
09-02-2012, 12:04 AM
MILF, you are fired for that post.

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I agree with Del. It's "suitable", not "suitably". :roll2

Pike, I appreciate the sentiment, but I refuse to troll anyone because that is not what a responsible person like me does. I'm here to help people, not hinder them.

We'll talk later; I have some great ideas.

Jiro
09-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Too bad I'm not using classic and can see EVERYTHING. I can teach you a good technique for hiding things in posts if you want. I do it all the time.

<!-- doing it now is way too obvious but whatever -->

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
You are now my target. You won't know when, you won't know how, but I will get you.

Jiro
09-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Well I guess if I sabotage your CK chances I sure be safe for a while :shobon:

Christmas
09-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure if you mean competition as in the people or the event, so I'll give my opinion on both!

If I'm honest, though, I've not really been paying much attention to the other people in the CK comp. I joined up because, firstly, these events are always really fun and, secondly, I figure it may be time to start helping out with the site after 7 years. Lose or win, I'm happy. My only opinion of my competitors is that there are some that I think would make excellent mods, and others that I think would make terrible mods. I'm completely unsurprised that people like Shorty, Sephex and Vivi are still in the runnings, and I've been especially impressed by millie. I think she's too new a newbie to take up a staff position right now - though that may just be my old man prejudices acting up - but I'm damned happy that we can still bring in members like that.

In terms of the competition itself, the rounds have been brilliant. Round one was a great idea, and has worked better than I would have imagined for ensuring continued participation in the lower forums. Most of the threads made were good quality; they were interesting, engaging and fun. It's died down a little now that the round is over and the threads have been made, but there's still activity across the board. It's great to see the blue chocobo everywhere! :choc2:

Round two, similarly, was a stroke of genius. I had, in my opinion, the best team in terms of members, and it was great working with them, as it were. It's actually coming into contact with Bleys that got me playing FFVI and, by extension, FFII, IV, and V, so if nothing else this competition was worth it for that alone. I'm impressed and excited by all of the ideas that each team came up with and, once I'm settled in France and have a little stability and time, I fully intend to get involved with making them a reality if it hasn't already happened. The events of Teams 2 and 3 would need some time between them, as they are too similar and would likely cause event fatigue in the members. Yeah, event fatigue. I use terms like that, apparently.

This answer was probably longer and more serious and therefore poncier than you expected, but hey, you asked! Plus, there's a lot to talk about. I'm looking forward to round three. :D

OMG!!!!! Good speech there!!! A brand new Quin after like three quarter of decade!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!! You rocks!!!!! :kaoclove:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqcbn5RK7K1qzzaeso1_400.jpg

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Typical Australian. They immediately revert to criminal activities when confronted by their betters. ;)

Jiro
09-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Revert implies it ever stopped!

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Haha, that's a good point.

Hang on, where's my watch?!