PDA

View Full Version : The Boy Who Cried Car Alarm

Skyblade
08-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Seriously, do these things serve any purpose? Does anyone even pay attention to them anymore? When you hear one go off, do you even bother to check if there's a car that's being broken into, or do you just automatically assume it's a false alarm and completely ignore it? Do people have any reaction to these besides "damnit, man, shut that annoying sound off"?

Sephex
08-30-2012, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I never seen a situation where I felt that the car owner was freaking out at his alarm going off. I mean, I sure they scary away teenage vandals here and there, but that happened so late at night either no one notices it. Where was I? Yeah, I agree that most people think they are annoying and they barley justify their existence.

Tigmafuzz
08-30-2012, 04:12 AM
I smurfing hate fire alarms. So much. If I heard buring rubber or something I'd look. But car alarms just annoy the living shit out of me.

Mercen-X
08-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Okay. Which is it? Fire alarms or car alarms.

Car alarms are the most useless thing ever. Our cars should have Batman's security system. Whenever someone tries to break in, armor should cover the vehicle to stop the intruder.

Jiro
08-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Alarms do not alarm me. There is something wrong with that.

Shlup
08-30-2012, 08:54 AM
My car doesn't beep when you lock it so I just set off the alarm when I'm hunting the parking lot for it.

Christmas
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I WILL GET MY DRUMS AND GUITARS OUT AND PLAY ALONG WITH THE MUSIC!!!

Shorty
08-30-2012, 06:15 PM
I ignore it and assume it's a false alarm. There is no need to investigate because car alarms are indeed useless.

Peegee
08-30-2012, 06:22 PM
I'll tell you something - I disabled the car alarm in my car because it becomes more irritating than helpful when the car alarm remote battery runs low - then you can't unlock your car, or the car alarm just goes off on its own when the car alarm remote goes wonky, etc etc

You can't steal my car anyway. The newer cars do not allow copied keys to start the engine. I also don't leave anything valuable in there, ever since I left my car unlocked or something and was robbed >_<

ideally we should have this

fARuCLhUyi0

Raistlin
08-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Car alarms are terrible, and people who use them are terrible.

Sephex
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Car alarms are terrible, and people who use them are terrible.

What's worse are the people who jam on the remote lock key so their car does a short beep or honk about ten times in a row.

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm totally going to get an obnoxious alarm that plays dubstep and park in front of all your homes.

~*~Celes~*~
08-31-2012, 03:52 AM
My parents' dog got ahold of my mom's keys and managed to set off the panic button. My dad woke up in the middle of the night from it and she was nowhere in sight because it startled her -_0

Jiro
08-31-2012, 05:07 AM
I'm totally going to get an obnoxious alarm that plays dubstep and park in front of all your homes.

I would actually set off car alarms if it were like a party everywhere I went.

Pike
08-31-2012, 04:51 PM

I can do better. I'm going to get an obnoxious alarm that plays Party Rock Anthem.

Then I'm going to do the dance in front of my car while it plays.

Rase
08-31-2012, 05:06 PM
The button for my car alarm is right where my index finger rests when holding my clicker and is pretty sensitive. I hate my car alarm and by extension all others.

Shauna
08-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Car alarms go off on windy evenings. There is no way I will ever pay them any attention. Unless it's to express my annoyance at the never-ending noise.

Sephex
08-31-2012, 11:44 PM

This would actually make me fall down laughing if I ever saw this happen.

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2012, 07:24 AM

I can do better. I'm going to get an obnoxious alarm that plays Party Rock Anthem.

Then I'm going to do the dance in front of my car while it plays.
I would totally join you.

This would actually make me fall down laughing if I ever saw this happen.

I think I'd laugh pretty hard myself if I heard it.