PDA

View Full Version : This current round.

Agent Proto
08-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Uh, I think I might jump the shark in this round, but I want to include images into my article. Should they be at a specific height and width, and if so, at what dimensions? And am I limited to how many I can include? Considering that I hope this article would continue a new tradition of featuring weekly fanart, I'm planning to just feature five fanart at the moment. If this is going to be a permanent, I would hope to increase the number of fanart soon.

And when I PM you the article, Freya, do you need it in html format or should I use the forum tags?

Freya
08-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Forum or html! Whichever works for you. More people should use WYSIWYG Editing! You can format everything in your post even attach and change the size of pictures and wrap text around said images and stuff without having to actually write out all the tags/codes. SEE! Just don't post large ones that break tables. If you attach pictures you can just double click them and set the size. Maybe even post them smaller and have a link to the bigger versions when clicked?

Agent Proto
08-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Well, okay! I guess I'll have mine ready by tomorrow night, hopefully! I'll go work on answering the questions for the blog... and I'm going to use this thread for that if it's alright! >:3

As for your mog blogs, we want a new thread! Titled 3 of course. This time we would like you to give us your opinion about the frontsite. Do you look at it? What would make you look at it if you don't? What would you like to see? What would you want to try to implement if you were made part of staff? Etc! It's a work in progress and we would love to hear what you think would help us move forward. We want you to post your thoughts about the current round in the mog blog as well OF COURSE.

Do I look at the front site? Not very often I do this, but I do look at the front site every once in the while. I do notice that it's updated more regularly now than it has been in the past, but if there's one thing the front site is missing, it's fanart from the fans of Final Fantasy! We ought to exploit this and showcase the works of art from the fans! I hope to see art submissions from members of EoFF if they want to showcase any fanart of theirs, but we can also accept art from other places too, like DeviantArt and such. And if I were to become part of the staff, I do hope that I can implement this to become a more permanent feature on the front site! Should it have its own section? Perhaps not, but having a weekly article linking to artwork should be more than enough to satisfy myself and other art enthusiasts alike. This is what I want to see on the frontsite! Everything else is pretty much a-okay and fine with me!

Freya
08-30-2012, 04:03 AM
We mentioned briefly doing something with the old art section thing album place but it kind died in the water. When you get other people's fanart remember to ask permission first!

Agent Proto
08-30-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm aware of that, and I will do so if the artists require their permission to have us show their work. Otherwise I'm going to avoid them and use work from artists that do not have this. They're likely to accept the attention from being linked to anyway, as I'm providing the sources for each art I want to showcase. I'm going to be starting off with just five for this so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

And I would also like to see a way for members to submit their own artwork to be showcased in the near future! Maybe I can also take what's already in Relm's Studio, but there's hardly any new FF fanart in recent months from our own members. :(

Freya
08-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Once I move into my new apartment I plan on doing A LOT of artwork. I'm working on a big project using my art and writing so you might get some from me at least! Currently my only fanart is shirtless kaidan alenko (http://lekana.deviantart.com/gallery/?):shifty: I have a problem. But If you do start posting artwork I'll try to provide some pieces if you'd like!

Agent Proto
08-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Well, I got around to submitting my task to Freya. I'm not going to expect much out of it, but if I'm going to join staff and have to contribute something for the frontsite, then I want to contribute by showcasing FF fanart!

Jiro
08-30-2012, 08:14 AM
I have been a strong supporter of the idea that we should promote our FF fanart. I even started an EoFF Tumblr that has never been used. Maybe you are the man to make this happen. I hope so!

Agent Proto
08-31-2012, 01:00 AM
You know, I think I'm going to eventually create a new email so I can have people email fan art to submit for showcasing if it's accepted as a front site feature.

Jiro
08-31-2012, 04:35 AM
I think I recall BoB mentioning that they can still set up @eyesonff.com email addresses.

Freya
08-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Yeah honestly I've been wanting to do something like this for a while but haven't gotten around to it. I'm glad you're willing to take the initiative.

Jiro
08-31-2012, 05:38 AM
I say Proto gets an Editor job and his role is to focus on fanart. We have Pike on social media already, so now we slowly grow the team. Not all our recruits will be as awesome as Proto though, but we can get there.

YEAH RAISTLIN I SAID WE AGAIN. I'm still an Editor in spirit ;__;

Freya
08-31-2012, 05:40 AM
You'll be back to editor if I have any say in it. But yeah, I like proot doing stuff thats' a good idea. TO THE STAFF FORUM TO WHINE ABOUT LACK OF EDITORS.

Agent Proto
08-31-2012, 06:15 AM
I'll give it some consideration if I do get an offer for the Editor position if not the Cid's Knight.

Jiro
08-31-2012, 06:19 AM
That is great to hear, Proto. I know it seems like an "inferior" position, but the Editor team could turn into the super cool club with just the right additions: like you!

Freya
08-31-2012, 06:30 AM
If I have my way we'll be more important than forum staff anyway. SHHHH. Don't tell proot! Dakoda get to work on your networking. You live closer to SE, go talk to them.

Agent Proto
08-31-2012, 06:39 AM
:rolleyes: *pretends not to hear anything*

Jiro
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
I should take a holiday to Japan this Summer just for kicks.

Freya
08-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, Justy WILL be there so there's that too! :D

Jiro
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Of course, I almost forgot! I wonder if I can afford it. I'd love to go! I'll talk to my friends who went early this year and find out what not to do :P

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Editors are lame losers. Why join chess club when you can be a football team allstar who gets all the girls? FORUMS STAFF ROOL.

Agent Proto
09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
But you're just saying that to convince me to not join as an Editor.

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 11:24 AM
No, I'm just saying that because I have a superiority complex. :greenie:

Let's say you become a CK or an Editor or whatever it is you fancy. What qualities will you bring to the role?

Agent Proto
09-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't know. I won't ssay that I wil bring being thst ace as an answer since it's expected. I'll just say that I am a pretty nice guy and I would bring a good sense of judgment. As for being editor, my focus will be on the fan created content, mainly the fanarts.

Jiro
09-01-2012, 02:42 PM
That is something we've lacked since I haven't seen Monda around lately.

Madame Adequate
09-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Monda is a pretty nice guy, yes.

Agent Proto
09-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah. I hear she spends most of her time with this Jeremy fellow we all know as Necronopticous.

Del Murder
09-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I hope you would have the desire to contribute even if you weren't made an Editor!

Agent Proto
09-01-2012, 11:27 PM
I hope that I could still work on the the showcase feature then.

Pike
09-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Forum or html! Whichever works for you. More people should use WYSIWYG Editing! You can format everything in your post even attach and change the size of pictures and wrap text around said images and stuff without having to actually write out all the tags/codes. SEE! Just don't post large ones that break tables. If you attach pictures you can just double click them and set the size. Maybe even post them smaller and have a link to the bigger versions when clicked?

Well that's an adorable chocobo picture :kaoclove:

We love images in articles! It helps to break up the text and entices people to read. Good luck, Proots! :cheer:

Del Murder
09-02-2012, 12:02 AM
I hope that I could still work on the the showcase feature then.
Anyone can work on features for the site. An Editor only needs to promote the thread to an article. Your name would still be attached to it. Simply make a thread in the Site Contributions or another forum and any one of us can promote it for you! Perhaps there is some confusion regarding this and people think you have to be an Editor to write articles. That is far from the case. Of course, people who contribute frequently and show talent may be brought on as future Editors to help in the decision making process in addition to the content they generate. That's the ideal, at least.

Agent Proto
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Oh! So if I don't end up winning and the fanart showcase feature proves popular, I will continue them then.

Jiro
09-02-2012, 03:50 AM
That is what I like to hear! Proto is my hero :love:

Agent Proto
09-04-2012, 01:03 AM
I feel pretty confident that I'm going to pass this round. At first. I felt doubtful because I don't think I might not be able to do any proper articles. However, I learned that I could do an article on pretty much anything that relates to FF, I chose to work on presenting a showcase of the recent fan arts, and having some support from Freya and Jiro, and no such opposition from anyone else. Because of this, i believe I have a good chance to make it through this round. :D

Also, no one bothered to ask, but my sprained finger that I got over my break looks better than it did over the weekend. It's less swollen, but it's still quite sore so I can't form a fist just yet.

Jiro
09-04-2012, 04:21 AM
What finger was it? I forget. Surely it would be tough to type anyway thanks to the weird way hands are.

Agent Proto
09-04-2012, 04:36 AM
The ring finger of my right hand. I got into a small fight with my brother which resulted in the sprained finger. At first, I thought I might have fractured a bone because I had such a smurfing hard time with the finger. My family were all, "Freakin' deal with it, wuss." So I had to keep the finger wrapped and such, and ice it whenever I had the time, which was during the night while we were supposed to be sleeping. It was hard to sleep when one of my brothers snore and having to dip my hand in a bucket of ice for a minute every 15 to 20 minutes.

Jiro
09-04-2012, 09:58 AM
That's rough, man! But I'm glad it's starting to heal up. I've had a couple of hand injuries in my time and it always finds a way to be inconvenient.