PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Collection?

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-30-2012, 08:50 PM
SO...when (and if) Square ever gets around to getting Kingdom Hearts 3 out, do you think they will release a Kingdom Hearts Collection consisting of all the titles between KH2 release and KH3? I would hope so because I don't and won't buy all the different hand held consoles just to get the entire story. It was done with the God of War series, so hopefully they would do it for Kingdom Hearts.

Fynn
08-31-2012, 01:03 AM
SO...when (and if) Square ever gets around to getting Kingdom Hearts 3 out, do you think they will release a Kingdom Hearts Collection consisting of all the titles between KH2 release and KH3? I would hope so because I don't and won't buy all the different hand held consoles just to get the entire story. It was done with the God of War series, so hopefully they would do it for Kingdom Hearts.

I highly doubt It. Japan got a limited edition of 3D with Days and coded, and still you only got the games that can be played on the 3DS. I guess that' s the closest they'll get. Frankly, I'd rather they concentrated on making the next installment be a great game instead of remaking these games so that they fit the current-Gen home console. If they were on PS2 and 3 only, I guess that wouldn't be a problem, but now there's games on the PSP, DS and 3DS and I am pretty sure we can expect a PSVita game before III, so yeah... Fat chance

Del Murder
08-31-2012, 01:16 AM
I can't see it happening. DS and PSP are pretty different systems and are owned by different companies so what system do you release the collection for? I think we're more likely to see a HD version of the two main games and maybe a HD remake of BBS.

Mercen-X
08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
I figured GBA and PS2 were pretty different. I figured mobile phones and the DS were pretty different. I suppose all they need to do is release the collection via PC. I personally don't prefer to have to install a game on my computer while I still need to use the CD to get the otherwise-worthless files to do anything. I installed MechWarrior on my dad's PC because he likes MechWarrior and I helped my mom repeatedly install search puzzle games on her PC some of which still require the disk to play. I thought I'd try out this game called Paradise since I was able to get it fairly cheap at a used-stuff place. Having to repeatedly exchange CDs for little to no reason... :skull:

Del Murder
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
I forgot that CoM was rereleased for PS2. I guess it's possible, then. Though the Nintendo DS does have some unique properties that wouldn't be able to adapt to another system. I don't think that would be a problem for the KH games, though.

Ouch!
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Re: Chain of Memories was originally released as part of Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ in Japan. So far as I know, it was remade from the ground up using the engine for Kingdom Hearts II. I sincerely doubt that any remakes of handheld titles for the PS3 are likely to happen before Kingdom Hearts III drops. Aside from maybe a port of Birth by Sleep, which I would regard as a long shot, it's likely not a financially viable plan.

If you don't want to track down the handheld spin-off titles, just watch the scenes from it on YouTube to get the story. You won't be missing anything from a gameplay perspective from either 358/2 Days or Re:coded anyway. Birth by Sleep, on the other hand, is very much worth playing. As is--at least from what I've heard--3D.