PDA

View Full Version : Infested!

Pike
08-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Today I found a bunch of tiny little red ants crawling around my desk and keyboard. So I went after them. With a can of Raid. Genocide has never felt so good.

When was the last time you were INFESTED? :eek:

Agent Proto
08-31-2012, 02:15 AM
This year, the kitchen at my home was infested with cockroaches. The german kind. My mom paid Terminex to help get rid of them, and now the roaches are appearing less often during the night. It was pretty bad earlier in the year, but now it's better.

Shorty
08-31-2012, 02:54 AM
fuck I have NEVER been infested, thank god

My office in Arizona was, though. Ants appeared out of nowhere one day and invaded.

Sephex
08-31-2012, 03:01 AM
My apartment had an ant problem out of nowhere a few months ago. I totally wasted my place with a can of Raid and they were never heard from again.

I also had an epic battle with a Wasp a couple of times with a fly swatter. I think next time I get invaded by one of those, I might throw some Zelda boss music on because I end up jumping and dodging like Link from the 3D games.

Raistlin
08-31-2012, 03:23 AM
I've had an ant problem before, but nothing a little Raid didn't fix. Bug genocide does indeed feel great.

~*~Celes~*~
08-31-2012, 03:49 AM
when I lived with my parents, i often saw spiders and/or house centipedes. You'd best believe I bought a can of lemon-scented Raid.

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 03:51 AM
My mom's attracts flies in grand scale. I'm not even kidding you I don't even know why it's not like the place is dirty or smells or anything but come summer there is a mass of the fuckers. Whenever I am over I buy can's of raid and go on a fucking genocidal rampage NONE SHALL LIVE WHILST I DRAW BREATH! Of course, with the massive amounts of Raid I spray on a rage filled genocidal rampage me drawing breath could become a thing of the past!

Mercen-X
08-31-2012, 04:18 AM
2007 fly infestation. Turns out there was a dead rat in the wall giving birth to masses of maggots.

2004 nat infestation. Turns out our sink was leaking and nats birth naturally in moist environments.

Jiro
08-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Ants are the biggest issue round here. You deal.

Tigmafuzz
08-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Never had much of an issue with ants. You can take the initiative and attack them preemptively. Put a little bit of Splenda in your yard. It apparently has a similar chemical composition to DDT, the pesticide. They think it's sugar, take it to the queen, and then everyone dies. It's hilarious. And I'm guessing they die happy, so it's probably more "humane" than Raid. But you still always have to keep a can of Raid be around for when you find one of those giant smurfing roaches WITH THE WINGS AND OH MY GOD I HATE THEM

Miss Lady Shelly
08-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Ants and Silver fish.

Christmas
08-31-2012, 01:26 PM

Anyone watched "Them!"? :bigsmile:

CimminyCricket
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
The law office I worked at in Hawaii had a HUGE ant/termite infestation. We would spray the building with pesticides once a month to try and keep it controlled, but all it did was make the creatures 3x their normal size. So instead of having a huge infestation of tiny insects we had a huge infestation of huge insects.

Shorty
08-31-2012, 05:00 PM
THREE TIMES?

Christmas
08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Those ants with wings?

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Bed bugs like over two years ago. They are insanely difficult to get rid of...

Psychotic
08-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Last time I was infested, eh? Well, no matter how desperate you are, I do not recommend toothless Bangladeshi hookers.

Rase
08-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Bugs and I have an agreement worked out where they don't bother me and I kill them anyway.

Also we have some weird black bugs I've never seen crawling out of the lower sink lately. Come to think of it I still haven't actually seen these, roommate says she has like four times but who knows how trustworthy she is.

Jinx
09-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Our apartment isn't infested, but once every couple of months or so, I see a wood-roach. And BECAUSE we live in the woods our building won't spray. Every time I see one I basically cry to myself.

Shlup
09-01-2012, 04:23 AM
BJ and I had an insane ant problem at in the second apartment we lived in. We had to keep all of our non-refrigerated food on the table in the dining room because the ants didn't seem to be able to get over the carpet to find it. I'm convinced that entire building is just a good rainfall away from collapsing into the gargantuan ant colony that resides beneath it.

The only invaders that get killed in this house are spiders. Crickets (and that one random lizard) get moved outside; if there's ants, I just remove the food source and they leave. Spiders, though, are out to get me and I am not having it.

Jowy
09-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Ants are stupid. They'll go to where there's easy sugar. Just pour like, half a can of pop into a pie tin and let it sit outside for a few hours, possibly overnight to prevent evaporation. They'll all just flock to it and drown in a sugary quagmire. Stir a little maple syrup in there if you feel like grabbing anything else with some size to it. Use molasses if you want to kill wasps. Should any survive, burn some incense near the perimeter to keep them from escaping. You have the upper hand and should kill the wasp with your weapon of choice. Rinse with hose, repeat as necessary.