PDA

View Full Version : Iceglow just met you and this is crazy but round 3 maybe?

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 03:30 AM
Ok so round 3 and I've gone for perhaps the most annoying blog entry title so far! What's more we love it!

Ok so this is all about the front site. Gawd I'm not going to even begin to lie, I haven't used the front site in over 3 years. I don't see much need for me as a member to use it. What would it take for me to use the front site? Possibly a miracle to be honest. I've not used it because honestly I've never needed to. I haven't needed a guide for a FF game since attempting to get a Zodiac Spear in XII and honestly, I looked at how much effort was required and said "fuck that" and didn't bother.

I come to EoFF mostly for the community of friends I have here and have established over the years. I occasionally nip down to the lower forums for a browse or a read but I'm primarily active in the general forums these days.

That's not to say that this task might not whet my appetite for writing articles for the front site, I am after all someone who enjoys writing. However I'm more of a fiction author than a journalistic writer but never say never.

On my piece I think I'm going to look at FF games specifically VII - XIII (main title entries only) and compare the coolest fmv's in each and what makes them cool. Of course this could be way too wide a scope for such a thing so I will decide to cut it down if I think it's too big. Perhaps a piece only on the PSX entries?

Jiro
08-31-2012, 04:36 AM
I suggest you pick a very narrow scope and be very concise and use a lot of pictures. The audience here cares little for anything.

Freya
08-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Yeah I want you to really watch yourself steve. You're notorious for being very long-winded in just posts, I can't imagine an article like that o.o Just make sure to not scare anyone away with walls-o-text! Good luck!

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 07:19 AM
You're notorious for being very long-winded in just posts

This is why I don't do Journalism! LMAO! No, really! Genuinely I don't do Journalism, mostly because I find it such a cramped writing style that doesn't play to my strengths.

Freya
08-31-2012, 07:35 AM
I also don't like long-winded novelists either though. Description is nice but novelists who take several pages (anne rice) totally turn me away from their books.

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Well having been subjugated to reading 50 Shades Of Grey at the moment I'll take being a long winded novelist a-la Robert Jordan, George R R Martin or Anne Rice than being a piss poor but brief writer like E L James.

Still I'm more concerned about the fact that for me to generate front site content is awkward because I never go near the damn thing.

Freya
08-31-2012, 08:36 AM
And that needs to change! What would make you visit it?

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I mean I know it sounds bad but the FF series currently holds little interest for me, XIII-2 is a non entity as far as I am concerned and XIV being another MMO means I'm really waiting for news on XV which it's still very early days for.

I think that for me personally I'd have need of visiting the front site for a reason so for example if I was doing a play through of a previous FF entry such as IX and got stuck somewhere or for some reason couldn't remember where Yam island is or grand dragons are found then I would go to EoFF first and foremost.

Jiro
08-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Do you like space? Do you like Final Fantasy VII? I wrote a great article about the two. It even referenced Mass Effect! There is more to the frontsite. People keep getting this idea that it is one dimensional and they never agree on the same dimension. I want to fuse some of you until you become members who go to the frontsite!!!

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Perhaps you and I ought to talk some about article ideas my dear broseph. I could definitely do with refining some of the ideas I've had :)

Freya
08-31-2012, 02:01 PM
What are your ideas! That's what this thread is for! Stop making us pull teeth to get this stuff out!

Iceglow
08-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Clearly the best type of article for me would be to do an opinion piece, a blog piece so to speak. Now clearly it has to be FF related/Square-Enix related.

Current ideas knocking around in my head:

Coolest FMVs in the PSX era
Airships, why they're so prominent in the FF series and which would be the most realistically attainable aircraft in the real world.
The FF9 ability system versus the materia system of FF7.

Freya
08-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Just know that Dak did an airships feature (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/1904-ten-top-ff-airships.html) in the end of June!

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Ok so round 3 and I've gone for perhaps the most annoying blog entry title so far! What's more we love it!Words cannot begin to describe the shame I feel. :|

Also you need to learn what an FMV is before you write an article about them. ;) Cut-scenes and FMVs are not the same thing. HALO REACH NEVER FORGET.

Del Murder
09-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Iceglow, you often joke around with the members and staff of EoFF and are usually on the receiving end of these jokes. If you were to make Cid's Knight, how would you command the respect of the members and let them know who's boss? Please post your answer in a single paragraph.

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Of no more than 200 words.

Del Murder
09-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Of exactly 200 words.

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 08:03 AM
You also like to make some very detailed insults to members. Would that change if you were Cid's Knight? Where does one draw the line? (100 words)

Jiro
09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Summons
Vivi and Existence (+Cloud and Identity)
FF Politics
FF Siblings
Square Enix and the Mobile Gaming Push

These are some of the random things I have written down. I also want to write a sequel to my airships article where I look at non-aeronautical means of transport. I also think there should be several more entries in The Lore You Know, including the likes of Ultima (Weapon), Ragnarok, etc. I should do a romance piece as Wolf Kanno suggested. Then there is always room for things like Top Ten Minor Villains, a random thing about how there are pianos and lutes and shit referenced all through FF, etc. You know. Just stuff.

Iceglow
09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
God I get made to go away for 2 days and all hell breaks loose in my blog. I'm not actually sure if I'll be able to get something submitted today after all as I'm actually quite busy (I've been given a real world shit storm to deal with) but I will try my best to hammer something out.

First question, you're not going to get 200 words Del. Screw that. I wouldn't try to command the respect of the members simply put. I reckon many of the members would understand that whilst the jokes and hilarity could continue that if I have to intervene in a thread as a CK because someone somehow was going too far and there was genuine concern about the direction of the thread it doesn't open it up for debate or discussion and would respect that situation. If however a member did not respect that intervention then I would probably pm that member initially on my own back and explain the situation that whilst I am still the same person as I ever was I would prefer it if when I have to intervene as a CK they respect that situation and don't make it in to an issue. If they didn't respond to that then I'd probably speak to the rest of the staff and discuss what has to happen to make that member see where they're going wrong.

next question

The detailed insults to members? Well, honestly Paul I'd counter this question and ask you "you're an administrator and often like to partake in some very detailed insults of members. Will this stop?" I can see why I'd perhaps have to tone down the level of detail in some of my insults, I can also see perhaps why I would have to leave people's mothers out of them (it'd be the tragic end of an era) Yet at the end of the day there's a line where the insults become too harsh. So far I don't think I've particularly hit that line (Michael C and Warren W post not-withstanding, we all remember that if not I can give y'all a link back to it) or at least I've not hit it often.

Jiro
09-03-2012, 11:51 AM
You only needed to add twenty three more words to hit the number that was assigned by Del. These two sentences are enough.

Freya
09-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Your insults are vulgar and mean. His insults are playful and silly. Would you be able to tone down the vulgarity?

Iceglow
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I could tone down the vulgarity involved and the mean level. Though generally speaking I'll take far worse than I dish out in the name of humour.

Hollycat
09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
You insulted my mother. If you become a CK, I may have to block you.

Iceglow
09-03-2012, 05:15 PM
lmao I was joking around, if you really want to see me insult someone... may I suggest you go through the archives for the prank about EoFF getting sold.

Hollycat
09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I was there.

Iceglow
09-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Did you see the post Del deleted?

Hollycat
09-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I thought there was 2.

Del Murder
09-03-2012, 11:58 PM
There was one I deleted that came from the depths of hell and shall never be spoken of here. He probably means that one.

Iceglow
09-04-2012, 03:58 AM
You remember well then Dell? I thought it was rather witty and amusing :D

Iceglow
09-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Ok in all honesty I'm probably done in this round. I've got a really busy week ahead of me what is going to demand a lot of my time. Honestly I doubt I have the time left to put together an article of merit enough to keep me in the competition.

To point out what is going to be causing me the issues:

On Tuesday (today for me since it's 4am) I have to do all my house work and laundry plus chase an interviewer and also chase HR. I have also some more job applications to do.

On Wednesday, I have to attend an interview/assessment day for a prospective new job which will take several hours. My morning will be spent making sure I have everything I need and enough money on my travel card to get me there and back. Essentially I reckon if I go there, I'm likely to get this job.

On Thursday, providing I've successfully chased the interviewer up and gotten the details for our appointment correct I will be in an interview for another prospective job. If I get this job offered to me it'll be ideal. I'll be finding an office in Chelsea which means since I'm useless with Chelsea and Knightsbridge that I'll be up there most of the day finding my way around.

On Friday I'm going to be doing whatever laundry I've generated doing these bloody interviews and tidying up any more mess/once more round the house during the day. On Friday evening my girlfriend is coming over and whilst she likes my geeky streak because it means I come out with charming lines like the following:

I can't wait to see you on Friday, in fact I wish I had Dr Who's Tardis so I could travel there right now"

Yes geeky and cute isn't it? She's got far more interesting things planned for our weekend together than to sit around whilst I rack my brains and try to hammer out an entry.

So honestly unless this is going to go on for another week I'm definitely out of the running on it. I've had fun and it's interesting to know I can make the final 14 applicants for the role considering how silly and at times rude I can be (in the name of good natured humour) However the facts that my employer is dicking me around so much that I need to get myself out of this job and in to something new asap and that my girlfriend and I only get to spend something like 4 - 6 days together a month! (Yes, I know some like Pike + Milf, Shorty + Rantz have it worse but frankly that's what you get for choosing an international long distance relationship. I don't do long distance in the UK let alone long distance internationally. 70.5 miles is frankly far enough for me to want to spend all the time I can with my girlfriend actually with her) is coming first in this situation.

Jiro
09-04-2012, 04:19 AM
You insulted my mother. If you become a CK, I may have to block you.
Impossible.

Iceglow
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Add in to that I have an interview in 50 minutes.... this shit just got real!

Hollycat
09-04-2012, 01:32 PM
My name is Inigo Montoya, you insulted my mother, prepare to die.

Iceglow
09-04-2012, 05:08 PM
No, your punishment must be more severe!

Freya
09-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I think you guys just became best friends :3

Jiro
09-05-2012, 03:13 AM
I feel super out of the loop xD