PDA

View Full Version : Dear EoFF, you need to see this

Jinx
09-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Seriously. Basically everyone on here is intelligent, and yet...

Really, guys. Really. This is up there with your and you're.

"It's" vs. "Its" (http://garyes.stormloader.com/its.html)

Tigmafuzz
09-01-2012, 03:16 AM
This seems to be far more prevalent here. (http://public.wsu.edu/%7Ebrians/errors/affect.html)

Sephex
09-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Now their we go. I like this idea for a thread. Its a good idea.

You saw this coming.

Raistlin
09-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Some people just type "it's" for everything. I also see affect/effect errors everywhere. The grammar nazi in me dies a little inside, but it happens too frequently to point it out every time.

If this is the grammar nazi thread, I am particularly fond of this image:

http://incompetech.com/Images/caring.png

Shlup
09-01-2012, 04:20 AM
whattever u fuckin ggeks this isnt scool god who caress

Faris
09-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Its only a problem when the typist doesn't see it's error.

...Wait, I got those reversed :(

Citizen Bleys
09-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Some people just type "it's" for everything. I also see affect/effect errors everywhere. The grammar nazi in me dies a little inside, but it happens too frequently to point it out every time.

If this is the grammar nazi thread, I am particularly fond of this image:

http://incompetech.com/Images/caring.png

Dear Americans:
om7O0MFkmpw

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2012, 07:21 AM
I will type however I damn well please. :kakapo:

I Took the Red Pill
09-01-2012, 07:25 AM
The fact that you condescend like u do w/ this thread; its just going to make me purposefully fuck the two of them up now :)

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Dear Tifa's Boobs,

Do not start a sentence with "basically" if you intend to be snooty about grammar.

Yours truly,

Sephex
09-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Dear Tifa's Boobs,

Do not start a sentence with "basically" if you intend to be snooty about grammar.

Yours truly,

You moron!

You can't be right on the internet.

Del Murder
09-01-2012, 07:44 AM
I couldn't care less about Bley's video.

G13
09-01-2012, 07:48 AM
everyone on here is intelligent

:lol:

Pike
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Citizen Bleys
09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Allow me to ...
snip drivel
... a peach of cake.

brb vomiting

Quindiana Jones
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Can someone please ban Pike for that atrocity?

Jiro
09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I regret to inform the good people of Eyes on Final Fantasy, in particular the beautiful I'm My Own MILF, but I must murder Pike. It just must be done.

Quindiana Jones
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Some things are unacceptable even as jokes.

Madame Adequate
09-01-2012, 05:26 PM
:barf:

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I regret to inform the good people of Eyes on Final Fantasy, in particular the beautiful I'm My Own MILF, but I must murder Pike. It just must be done.

You have my bow.

krissy
09-01-2012, 07:33 PM
To those people who are outraged at Ms. Pike P Pikely's cankered, sadistic dissertations, this letter will be of interest. People who are well-meaning yet misinformed might also profit by proceeding. For the remainder who are indifferent, faint of heart, or content to let Pike deny the obvious, I regret that there is little reason to read further. But first, let me pose you a question: Is she actually concerned about any of us or does she just want to peonize and enslave her rivals? After reading this letter, you'll doubtlessly find it's the latter. Does she do research before she reports things, or does she just guess and hope she's right? The reason I ask is that she has been fairly successful in her efforts to provide the pretext for police-state measures. That just goes to show what can be done with a little greed, a complete lack of scruples, and the help of a bunch of worthless, evil reprobates.

Wild dweebs may endanger our property or our security or our economic well-being, but Pike endangers our souls. She is extraordinarily brazen. We've all known that for a long time. However, Pike's willingness to flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet sets a new world record for brazenness. My vision is built on the future, not the past. If you doubt this, just ask around. My next point will be so cogent that even Pike will be able to understand it. Specifically, of all of Pike's exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: "We can stop parasitism merely by permitting government officials entrée into private homes to search for quisquilious, clueless birdbrained-types." I don't know where she came up with this, but her statement is dead wrong.

I have a dream that my children will be able to live in a world filled with open spaces and beautiful wilderness—not in a dark, pusillanimous world run by puzzleheaded know-nothings. Why does Pike want to make a fetish of the virtues of backwards despotism? Psychologists might suggest that we must speak neither of the past nor of the far future but rather focus on the here and now, specifically on the daunting matter of her vile demands. Counselors might contend that Pike's excesses, emotional swings, casual cruelties, and hair-trigger outbursts make me think that diversivolent, destructive narcissism and slatternly misoneism are a matched pair. Sociologists might point out that her proxies fail to recognize that her orations have gotten way out of hand. I personally agree with the above assessments, but if it turns out that there's clearly no way to prevent Pike from pushing our efforts two steps backward then I guess it'll be time to throw my cards on the table and call it quits. I'll just have to give up trying to keep the faith and accept the fact that the time has arrived to make a choice between freedom and slavery, revolt and submission, liberty and subservience. We must choose wisely, knowing that if we appeal not to the contented and satisfied but embrace those tormented by suffering, those without peace, the unhappy and the discontented, we can live as truly free and empowered human beings. If, however, we let Pike topple society, we become little more than fearful, broken dogs condemned to exist in a world of empty-headed aspheterism. Everything I've written in this letter amounts to this: We can safely assume that whenever Ms. Pike P Pikely finds herself confronted by the law, she insists it needs reforming.

Mercen-X
09-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Whenever I see incorrect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and whatever-else, I imagine smashing the typist's fingers with a hammer. Then I realize they're most likely "typing" by way of a straw in their mouth what with the fact that their fingers already don't work properly.

Raistlin
09-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Everyone who rep'd Pikes post should be banned. That is among the worst posts in EoFF history.

Jiro
09-02-2012, 06:59 AM
I am impressed by just how badly she seems to be malfunctioning. I thought she was good at words; now I see it was probably a serendipitous computing error.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Dear Tifa's Boobs,

Yours truly,

It's frowned upon but not improper.

What really irks me is than/then confusion. They are not even true homophones!

Pike
09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
To tell the truth I sort of feel bad about getting all that rep because I didn't even write it. It's an amusing copypasta I saved a while back. :shobon:

Rantz
09-02-2012, 10:57 AM
That's it, I'm taking my rep back!

Jiro
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
C-can... can you even do that?

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Course he can! He's an Administrator. :smug:

EDIT: Wait, nope. No, he isn't. I swear, your titles change as often as my names, Rantz! xD

Christmas
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
To tell the truth I sort of feel bad about getting all that rep because I didn't even write it. It's an amusing copypasta I saved a while back. :shobon:

It's takes skills to perform a perfect copy and paste!!! You're a fine example of a true pirate! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/144549-salty-sea-shanty.html)!! :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
09-02-2012, 01:19 PM
http://angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 01:21 PM
I' d'o'n't' s'e'e' t'h'e' p'r'o'b'l'e'm' w'i't'h' o'v'e'r'u's'i'n'g a'p'o's't'r'a'p'h'e's.

Jiro
09-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Somebody please ban Quin. I cannot look at him the same now. All I see is an apostrophe abuser.

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 02:04 PM
I completely support that action. I can't look at that post.

krissy
09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
its ok pike, i didn't write my post either and i'm not ashamed of the rep at all

Hollycat
09-02-2012, 03:55 PM

You have my bow.

Is it made of Mahogany?

Darnit, Jules, you robbed me of a chance to yell and my axe as loud as possible on a forum.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
http://angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

Actually, you can use it for plurals; it's just a matter of knowing when. Such as there are two Bob's. This is grammatically sound, though it may not be a stylistic choice. Or, there are two k's in knock. I have had enough of your but's.

English grammar is rarely clean-cut and stylistic choices sometimes obscure the rules.

Old Manus
09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
typing without caps makes you look cooler on the internet

Hollycat
09-02-2012, 08:02 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/bad%2Bgrammar.%2Bsee%2Bwhat%2Bi%2Bdid%2Bthere_cfaf54_3601525.jpg

Tigmafuzz
09-02-2012, 10:40 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/bad%2Bgrammar.%2Bsee%2Bwhat%2Bi%2Bdid%2Bthere_cfaf54_3601525.jpg

...Is there supposed to be an image there?

Hollycat
09-02-2012, 11:07 PM
there is one. What browser are you using?

The Man
09-02-2012, 11:14 PM
An easy way to remember when to use "it's"

063jQAM6N8I

(this was used as the lead-in to Monty Python's Flying Circus, so in effect he is saying "It's Monty Python's Flying Circus")

ReloadPsi
09-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Geez, how in the heck did I miss a thread about grammatical sticklers?

Hollycat
09-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Geez, how in the heck did I miss a thread about grammatical sticklers?

Not a tickler stickler?