PDA

View Full Version : mIRC

Squally Leonharty
02-06-2002, 07:38 PM
In my status window, I keep getting

oftpportupdate Unknown command

everytime. >_< I know it's an erroneus script, but I can't find it anywhere! >_<

However, I think I know what program caused it, but then I still don't know how to remove that script, because I already removed that program (it was a program that checks mIRC for worms)

Any suggestions how to remove the damned thing? It keeps appearing every two minutes.

crono_logical
02-07-2002, 04:13 AM
I thought you'd only just re-installed mIRC and lost your scripts again :p Which surelyl means your scripts have reset back to thier orignal states.

*goes to install mIRC 6*

Squally Leonharty
02-07-2002, 09:53 AM
I HAVE lost all my scripts, and got the default scripts back. But that thing is somewhere in mIRC that I can't find. *checks registry*

crono_logical
02-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Heh, if you've lost all your scripts, then I'd uninstall mirc again, and delete all traces left behind of it, in the registry and the folder where it was installed. Then try re-installing it again :)

Killy
02-07-2002, 08:42 PM
type:
/unload (name of the script)

Squally Leonharty
02-08-2002, 09:11 AM
I tried it, but I don't know the script's name. >_<

So I entered /unload oftportupdate

and I got * /unload: insufficient parameters

*cries* I really want to get rid of it.

<b>Edit:</b>

Hmm, I did what crono said (except uninstalling it again :p) and deleted registry keys of the program. It seems that it's gone now. :)

<b>Double Edit:</b>

Or maybe not. >_<

Killy
02-08-2002, 02:50 PM
come on! MIRC is 1meg, its not that big to reinstall...

Squally Leonharty
02-09-2002, 06:52 AM
Never mind, I forgot to reboot after messing with the registry. :p That's why it was still there. After the reboot it's gone. :D

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it. :)

crono_logical
02-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Reboot? Usually logging off/back on is enough to make registry settings take effect if they don't immediately, it does for me anyway :p

Squally Leonharty
02-09-2002, 02:00 PM
I always forget to log off instead of rebooting. :p

<b>Edit:</b>

No!! It returned. >_< *gives up* I don't know anymore.