PDA

View Full Version : ITT: ReloadPsi bashes another black mage

ReloadPsi
09-02-2012, 06:55 PM
But not to the usual extent.

So since I have actually played this game twice despite my low opinion of it and seen others play through it as well (I lived in a village, I had to travel fair distances to visit friends and even then many of them played FFX in front of me so due to transport issues that would become my day, many times) I, and said others, found Valefor more useful (and novel) than Lulu at times when use of elemental spells was absolutely essential in the initial stages, and then found that Yuna actually reached the 'ara level spells before Lulu did because we all used the advanced grid... and was more efficient with them.

Did anyone else do this? I found it made Lulu a bit pointless after a while.

Freya
09-02-2012, 08:10 PM
She had tits which made her the best blackmage in the FF series.

Hollycat
09-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I hardly used her till the last part of the game, where you can do a combo with her, Auron and Wakka to kill almost any enemy. I leveled up on those behemoths so much.

DMKA
09-03-2012, 06:43 AM
She's the only black mage I ever really used in an FF game.

Jiro
09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
She had tits which made her the best blackmage in the FF series.

Mercen-X
09-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Titto, mate! :p

Pete for President
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM

So since I have actually played this game twice despite my low opinion of it and seen others play through it as well (I lived in a village, I had to travel fair distances to visit friends and even then many of them played FFX in front of me so due to transport issues that would become my day, many times) I, and said others, found Valefor more useful (and novel) than Lulu at times when use of elemental spells was absolutely essential in the initial stages, and then found that Yuna actually reached the 'ara level spells before Lulu did because we all used the advanced grid... and was more efficient with them.

For someone who hates/dislikes this game so much you spend an awful lot of time on the FFX forums. I'm starting to suspect a love/hate relationship :greenie:

Nebulance
09-06-2012, 12:50 PM

I never found Valefor more useful than any other character, or aeon for that matter. Lulu was (and still is) my go-to character for any level of magic. I've expanded a bit, and now both Lulu and Yuna have white and black magic, at the -aga and non-elemental levels. I also am giving these abilities to Rikku.

This 'advanced grid' you speak of... am I missing something? I've never heard of this -- or do you mean you just use friend spheres, etc. to jump around?

Karifean
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
The advanced grid is exclusive to the PAL and International versions of the game. It's an alternate version of the sphere grid where all the characters start pretty much at the same location, making it possible for every character to do any other character's standard job.

As for Lulu, I found her to be pretty useful up until Calm Lands when you had to use normal attacks in order to capture fiends. Although admittedly, when she learned Flare she was immensely useful in boss fights. I once read that it would be a good idea to take her off her initial path and send her down Wakka's for a bit cause that way she can use a Key Sphere to access the higher level magic much more quickly than usual. Might be worth a try.

Jessweeee♪
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Well I have the US version, so no advanced sphere grid shenanigans for me! Lulu is probably my most useful party member. Though Yuna has the superior Magic stat at the end of their paths and the third highest agility, so sometimes I'll toss some black magic spheres her way.

Raistlin
09-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm fond of black mages and I have the US version, so I have used Lulu a lot. I strongly disagree that using Valefor is a better option early on for black magic, if only because the aoen cannot act in concert with the rest of your party.

Jinx
09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Lulu's really useful in the beginning, and not so much later in the game. I still power up her overdrive before boss fights, though, cos hey. Free overdrive?

Nebulance
09-06-2012, 11:51 PM
The advanced grid is exclusive to the PAL and International versions of the game. It's an alternate version of the sphere grid where all the characters start pretty much at the same location, making it possible for every character to do any other character's standard job.

Ah I see. Too bad it's not in the US version, though I like what I've got. It must be me, but lulu always ends up as one of my strongest characters, along with Auron and Tidus. This time around, I'm trying my best to keep Kimahri and Rikku relevant.

ReloadPsi
09-07-2012, 12:29 AM
For someone who hates/dislikes this game so much you spend an awful lot of time on the FFX forums. I'm starting to suspect a love/hate relationship :greenie:

In that I love to hate it, yes, plus the game's been shoved down my throat enough to give me plenty to bitch about. See to this day I am still pestered about this game by some of my friends, and I'm currently playing the first three games a lot so my black mage hate is a bit more vehement than usual, so it was topical.

To me.

Jiro
09-07-2012, 04:21 AM
It's always topical at Eyes on Final Fantasy!