PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Weapon isn't hard Part II!

mikegonzalez2k
09-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Here is an easy to strategy to beating Emerald

Pre-Fight Requisites
1) Master 6 MIME and Counter Materia (The counter command blue one)
2) Give pair MIME and Counter 6 times on Cloud
3) Give Cloud 2 HP Plus Materia (both mastered so ur HP will be 9999.
4) Make sure Cloud is wearing his Ultimate Weapon, and has Limit Break 4
5) Before fight get Clouds Omnislash ready

Emerald Weapon Battle
6) Start by giving Cloud a Hero Drink, this will make him hit harder to get 9999 per hit on Omnislash

7) Use Omnislash, he will hit for 10k per slash 15 times
10x 15 = 150k

8) Because you have 6 Mime-Counter combos Cloud will continue to use Omnislash 6 times

6 x 150x = 900k

9) The total damage done will be over 1 million and kill Emerald instantly.

Here's a video showing this strategy...
Final Fantasy VII Playthrough Part 67 Emerald Weapon - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCak72pR3A&feature=plcp)

Using this strat you can beat Emerald in under 5 minutes and don't even need to be level 99

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Hi, mikegonzalez2k! I moved this post into it's own thread because the one you posted in was quite old. If you see something older than a year or so and you'd like to discuss the topic, feel free to make a new thread. Also, this strategy is pretty awesome... for people who have to patience to build up their materia. For me, well. :)

Raistlin
09-03-2012, 02:51 AM
I'm not sure I'd call mastering Mime six times to be an "easy" way to do anything, but that's certainly sure to do the job quickly.

That reminds me of a strategy I once tried out using Cat's Bell and Demi to get Lucky 7777s, which is another quick and easy way to defeat Emmy. I may be missing some details as it's been so long, but the gist is to do a lot of damage to one character, and then use the Cat's Bell item (which raises HP while you walk) until your HP ends in 144. Then you cast Demi2 (the spell that cuts HP in half) on that character so his HP ends in 77, and simply use a mix of Potions and Hi-Potions to bring the total HP up to 7777.

ReloadPsi
09-03-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure I'd call mastering Mime six times to be an "easy" way to do anything, but that's certainly sure to do the job quickly.

That reminds me of a strategy I once tried out using Cat's Bell and Demi to get Lucky 7777s, which is another quick and easy way to defeat Emmy. I may be missing some details as it's been so long, but the gist is to do a lot of damage to one character, and then use the Cat's Bell item (which raises HP while you walk) until your HP ends in 144. Then you cast Demi2 (the spell that cuts HP in half) on that character so his HP ends in 77, and simply use a mix of Potions and Hi-Potions to bring the total HP up to 7777.

Similarly you can use Mini and Manipulate to achieve this. Beating Emerald the 7777 way certainly is the most efficient method once you can't be bothered with the lengthier fight on a multitudinous playthrough. That or HP Absorb-KotR and Mime over and over. Make dang sure the one using Mime has high magic though or you might not get enough HP back each time.

Besides, Ruby's the one I find easy. Emerald intimidates me somewhat, even now, fourteen years after I first played the game.

VeloZer0
09-03-2012, 04:18 AM
It is almost as if Emerald was meant to be beaten using Lucky 7s. His Aire Tam Storm does 1111 damage for every piece of materia equipped on a character.

9999 - (1111x2) = 7777!

Gamblet
09-03-2012, 09:19 AM
It is almost as if Emerald was meant to be beaten using Lucky 7s. His Aire Tam Storm does 1111 damage for every piece of materia equipped on a character.

9999 - (1111x2) = 7777!

Whoa! I did not think of that! :eek:

Jiro
09-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I know how I'm beating Emerald Weapon when I play through next, then!