PDA

View Full Version : Stress relief

Freya
09-04-2012, 05:56 AM
I've noticed several people lately post about being in stressful situations. It's a forum-wide stress-a-thon! Now I don't want to hear about everyone's woes lately. No I need stress relief!

What do you do to relieve stress?

I lash out at people haha sounds bad but I am a bottler. I bottle things up until I explode. Really should avoid doing that oops. I use to write things out in blogs but have since not done this as much as i've become more private so it's been back to bottling. I also play puzzle games. My frustration goes to that rather than to people. I need to play more puzzle games. also BAKING I love to bake and it's therapeutic to me to make cookies. I dunno why.

So tell me eoff, what do you do?

Tigmafuzz
09-04-2012, 06:04 AM
I have many ways to deal with stress. Mostly hobbies. But occasionally when things completely fuck up/shit hits the fan/everything goes down the drain/etc. I just drink. Which isn't really too much of a problem because I still do a lot of good while I'm stuck inside a bottle.

having a super-flexible fiancee with double my sex drive helps a lot :smug:

Shorty
09-04-2012, 06:18 AM
I'm not a bottler, I'm a bitcher. Bitch about anything and everything that comes my way!

Stress relief, though - listening to good, soothing music always helps me. You can never go wrong with the Time To Get Classy combo.

G13
09-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Sex.

It's easy to forget about your worries when there isn't enough blood in your brain to do any thinking.

Jiro
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Well aren't you lucky fuckers. Pun intended.

Listening to music is a good way to relieve stress. So is running/exercise - endorphins are great! Napping and eating are also a favourite of mine.

don't dodge the swear filter!

milliegoesbeep
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm a bottler too, but I tend to just shut myself away until I calm down. Listen to some music, walk the dogs or draw. Sometimes I go swimming if I can :D

Loony BoB
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I tend to not get stressed out very easily - there are few things that bring it out in me and they tend to be things I can influence. Basically, if it's 100% out of my control, I don't get stressed out about it. I like to fix problems that I have in my life, so if I have something that is giving me stress I will do whatever I can to fix that problem.

As for just relaxing myself, that would be a combination of TV, gaming and just relaxing with Danielle & friends.

Pike
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Games usually calm me right down! Writing does too, sometimes, but games are more fun.

Faris
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I vent, do something else, go for a walk, watch something funny, or play video games. It all depends on where, who's around or who caused my stress.

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I go on a themed killing spree.

Tigmafuzz
09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I go on a themed killing spree.

Today's theme is "things that are alive."

Sephex
09-04-2012, 05:02 PM
[insert joke that everyone else has used here]

I actually just end up finding videos, typically video game reviews, movie reviews, etc. that I know will make me laugh hard. Wasn't looking forward to the work day today, so I watched me some Game Grumps and laughed so hard I was able to sleep a little easier last night.

GLOOOOOOP! not really sure if anyone here watches it, but whatever

Jowy
09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
i hate my job and i'm stressed out a lot due to this.

every day on my lunch break i go lift weights for forty minutes. it helps take a lot of the hostility away and i'm getting in shape.

Mercen-X
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
*Pins*

kreno onig bebo seepu.

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm going to drunk tank you once I become a CK, Mercen.

Raistlin
09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't stress out easily, as a rule, so I don't have anything I always do when stressed. But to distract myself I like to marathon TV shows. Reading and video games are also nice distractions.

Psychotic
09-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Stay up all night worrying until I'm really tired and frazzled in the morning, making me more susceptible to stress.

Works every time.

Iceglow
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Act like nothing is wrong for months, years even until eventually I'm so close to breaking that I'm worried I'll physically attack the next person who pisses me off. I then take several weeks off and launch a stress inducing grievance against several popular colleagues whilst simultaneously searching for new jobs and trying to keep a new relationship going.

Mercen-X
09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I take after my mother who's a bitcher. My dad is a bottler which results in him chewing his lip.

My mom and I bitch about unimportant things. In general, the important doesn't come out until we can't take it anymore. Of course, my mom complains to her mom, but I've reached this age where I don't let it out anymore. The stuff weighing me down is not something I want my parents to know about just yet. So I goof off on the internet, play video games, and watch movies to relieve myself.

Chris
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
I put on a Cass Daley movie, and all of the stress melts away. It's amazing how someone who was at their peak over 70 years ago, can still put a smile on someone's face.

Citizen Bleys
09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I smoke like a motherjumping chimney.

Parker
09-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I skip stones

fire_of_avalon
09-05-2012, 02:17 AM
I yell obscenities at people in cars and talk crazily to myself until I start laughing.

Hollycat
09-05-2012, 02:22 AM
I just push it aside.

Shiny
09-05-2012, 05:29 AM
I hum. I get this thing where my jaws clench up causing a lot of tension in my jaw and neck. When I hum to myself it calms me and lets me focus on that instead of whatever is stressing me out. I've noticed that my sister is also a hummer. Must run in the family.

escobert
09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I smoke like a motherjumping chimney.

~*~Celes~*~
09-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Self-remedies: Music of any kind, chocolate, taking a nice hot shower, cleaning, shopping...it really doesn't take much to calm me down, but it also doesn't take much to stress me out, especially now that I'm pregnant -_-

Andrew's remedies: give me a massage, play classical music for me on his ipod, cuddle me, Sexy sex ;D, listening when I tell him what's bothering me and offer advice or just comfort, cook me food/buy me food. :D