PDA

View Full Version : "can i have my copy of Secretary back"

Jowy
09-04-2012, 10:38 PM
I can't bring myself to send that text message and get one of my DVDs back.

What have you loaned to someone to someone out of your personal collection that you may never get back?

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
DS Games. My friends are mostly good about returning my stuff, but it always takes at least a year to get my DS games back from them.

Tigmafuzz
09-04-2012, 10:56 PM
When you say "personal" collection...

Raistlin
09-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Suikoden III and various books (I suppose that's what happens when you stop talking to an ex)
Final Fantasy X (it's ok, I have his Xenogears)
World War Z (lent it to a friend when I lived in a different state and forgot about it)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Shorty
09-05-2012, 01:01 AM
You'd better get that damn dvd back. Secretary is one of the best movies ever.

My copy of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Ex loaned it to his boss who sold it at a garage sale. Also my original copy of Ender's Game that I left in Utah with my aunt's hippy friend who I haven't seen in ten years which means I'll probably never see that book again, either.

krissy
09-05-2012, 02:10 AM
secretary is the best date movie, but i am just assuming i haven't seen it

anyway an ex has my copy of hitchikers guide to the universe the novel, and idlewild the book (i went ahead and bought a new copy of idlewild along with the sequel last year)

also she has the second dvd from the ff7 advent children special edition dvd set >:{ and the case
luckily she gave me back the first dvd on which the movie is actually on

but i mean i bought a blu ray version anyway

yes that's right

someone bought that shiz

twice

Jowy
09-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Secretary really is a good date movie. Did you actually watch Advent Children a second time? I couldn't sit through it twice.

I Took the Red Pill
09-05-2012, 05:16 AM
My copy of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2. I borrowed and lost his copy of Warioland 4 though. We've mutually agreed that nobody cares anymore.

Also the first copy of Lolita that I owned. I kept hounding the kid to give it back but he never did so I just bought another one.

Shlup
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM
I don't typically loan things out, except to my little sister, but she's given me everything back. She even managed to not lose any of the DS games I've loaned her, which you would be impressed by if you could see her nasty disaster zone of a bedroom.

My dear Ashley and I are kind of married, so we have a few things that neither of us remember which one of us is the proper owner of.

Faris
09-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Dragon Age Origins was lent to an old colleague and he gives me the creeps so I haven't actively chased him down for it.

The first season of 30 Rock was lent to my personal trainer, we were supposed to be bestest buddies but he's disappeared :(

Jiro
09-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Plenty of games have been AWOL. I don't know if I've lost anything permanently yet. I'm pretty damn onto it.

krissy
09-06-2012, 07:27 AM
aw frig this guy si know still has my copy of neuromancer

Rostum
09-06-2012, 08:26 AM
When I was younger I bought Metallica's S&M DVD, then lent it to a friend and he lost it after a few months. :\

Levian
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I loaned my N64 along with Majora's Mask and some other games to a guy who died. I don't feel like contacting the family.

Jiro
09-06-2012, 11:07 AM
uh nope I remember one now. Lent my buddy a copy of Halo 2. His little brother sold it. :(

Araciel
09-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm not a goddamn library.

Psychotic
09-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I loaned my old work colleague a bunch of books I had as a kid for her son and haven't had them back but I don't care either way.

Nobody may borrow my games/movies as I am an asshole.

krissy
09-10-2012, 05:44 AM
a floppy disk with the amiga version of hostages
back in the 90's
to a friend of my dad
never saw it again that mothersmurfer
http://www.tgunkel.de/blog/files/AmigaGames_Hostages_2.jpg