PDA

View Full Version : Auron's journey too dz

dunk
09-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Ok, maybe i missed something, but auron managed too make it too DZ, as an unsent.

I've seen many assumptions that sin took him there, and i can't help but think thats just pure bull.

When sin visits DZ, he doesn't just pick up his son from school and toddle on his way, he blows the place skyhigh, sins nature.

So if sin took auron there, how the fuck did DZ survive its first encounter.

Unless he jesus walked across the ocean like the bad ass he is, i have no idea how he got there. ( and don't give me shit like he swam it, because we all know unsents are still mortal too general way of life, or he wouldn't bother with the bad ass sword). Not too mention he doesn't know the exact location.

So did i miss this explantion in whatever facts you guys have uncovered?

OR do you have a theory for his method.

Roogle
09-05-2012, 01:27 AM
This was elaborated upon in the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Guide, one of a series of guides that release information about a game from its developers.

Here is what the Final Fantasy Wiki entry for Auron (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Auron) says:

"Auron returned to Yunalesca, outraged at the vain sacrifices Braska and Jecht made, and attacks her. Yunalesca strikes him down, scarring Auron on the face and blinding him in one eye. Heavily wounded, Auron crawls down Mt. Gagazet to the Calm Lands, resting in a travel agency owned by Rin, then continuing on to Bevelle. Auron fell down Mt. Gagazet from a great height and landed just outside the outskirts of the city, and was found by the recently-disgraced Kimahri Ronso. Dying, Auron asks Kimahri to protect Braska's daughter Yuna and take her to Besaid. Auron dies, but due to his strong emotional ties to the world, remains as an unsent. Now composed of pyreflies, Auron rides Sin out to sea where he finds the Dream Zanarkand Jecht hailed from, and enters it to find Tidus and take care of him as Jecht asked."

dunk
09-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Phew, near miss for DZ that time around then aye, glad there was some concrete around this one though. So auron did ride sin, like a boss, too DZ... i would question why jecht-sin didn't destroy zanarkand, but i'll leave that one out. Im contempt with this explanation :P

Freya
09-05-2012, 02:11 AM
If you recall they say that Sin isn't as much of himself(jecht) as he use to be and sin as a monster is more prominent now. So if that's the case it's a slow progression of losing his ability to control sin. This shows that it takes about 10 years for sin to start wrecking shit again because the monster is taking over. BUT if it was right when he was first sin, he'd be more himself, more jecht. Jecht wouldn't mindlessly destroy DZ where his family might have still lived. He may have even went to see if it was still there after his stint in Spira. Auron, no longer being bound to human conventions of having to swim there or whatever, was able to hitch a ride. He was able to travel with Jecht-sin rather than later when it was Sin-jecht whom destroyed things.

dunk
09-05-2012, 02:36 AM
If you recall they say that Sin isn't as much of himself(jecht) as he use to be and sin as a monster is more prominent now. So if that's the case it's a slow progression of losing his ability to control sin. This shows that it takes about 10 years for sin to start wrecking tit again because the monster is taking over. BUT if it was right when he was first sin, he'd be more himself, more jecht. Jecht wouldn't mindlessly destroy DZ where his family might have still lived. He may have even went to see if it was still there after his stint in Spira. Auron, no longer being bound to human conventions of having to swim there or whatever, was able to hitch a ride. He was able to travel with Jecht-sin rather than later when it was Sin-jecht whom destroyed things.

hmm... but i always thought the calm was the regeneration of the sin armour. Hense the inactivity, but again, even in a weakened state no one knows its ability too be mobile or not :)

Roogle
09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
hmm... but i always thought the calm was the regeneration of the sin armour. Hense the inactivity, but again, even in a weakened state no one knows its ability too be mobile or not :)

The Calm occurs because the Final Aeon used to defeat Sin is being cultivated into a new Sin. It can still be active in the oceans of Spira before it makes its first appearance attacking a city.

Jinx
09-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I guess my thing is, Jecht asked Auron to take care of Tidus.

How did Jecht know Auron could get back to DZ?

Jiro
09-07-2012, 04:22 AM
He probably didn't. It's just something you say when the chips are down. Look after my family for me.