PDA

View Full Version : Little Tiny Pet Peeves

Pike
09-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I'll start: my glasses being dirty and/or smudged. It drives me insane.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-05-2012, 01:48 AM
My job makes it certain that I will never be able to escape that issue. :|

Sephex
09-05-2012, 01:51 AM
I love my cat, but I hate how she wants to rub my hands when I am using a controller.

Alpha2099
09-05-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm with you on that one.

Also, I hate when it looks like rain, but isn't raining, so I don't bring an umbrella when I go out. Then, while I'm out, it rains.

Tigmafuzz
09-05-2012, 02:03 AM

I'm with you :( any little smudge and I can feel it in front of my eye.

fire_of_avalon
09-05-2012, 02:14 AM

I have a tiny scratch in the left lens of my glasses. I only wear my glasses when I'm driving in low-light or heavy rain, or when I have to see something at a distance, and it still drives me batcrap crazy.

Hollycat
09-05-2012, 02:27 AM

Shorty
09-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Dirty glasses are the worst. I'm constantly cleaning my glasses.

People raising the height of my chair when sitting in it if I'm away from my desk. Knock it the fuck off. :mad2:

fire_of_avalon
09-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Okay so today at work the sweetest lady ever basically took over my desk for about 20 minutes because she really doesn't have a workspace but it still made me INSANE.

Raistlin
09-05-2012, 03:28 AM

I am the same way. I can't stand having stuff on my glasses.

Also people who brake in the street instead of moving into the shoulder/turn lane first.

Shorty
09-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Also people who brake in the street instead of moving into the shoulder/turn lane first.

god

Idon'teven

Agent Proto
09-05-2012, 03:39 AM
The glasses issue is a definite pet peeve. No arguments there.

Jiro
09-05-2012, 04:10 AM
People who drive 20km under the speed limit despite it being a perfectly good day for driving

Jinx
09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
People who drive 20km under the speed limit despite it being a perfectly good day for driving

People who drive under the speed limit, then when you try to pass them, speed up to well over the speed limit. Then as soon as you merge back BEHIND them, they slow down again.

Fuck, people.

Agent Proto
09-05-2012, 02:19 PM

People who drive under the speed limit, then when you try to pass them, speed up to well over the speed limit. Then as soon as you merge back BEHIND them, they slow down again.

smurf, people.

There are people who do this on purpose. I sometimes do this if I find another driver pissing me off. :D

Mercen-X
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
For years, it was getting gas for apparently no reason. That peeve died when I realized I was intolerant to Gluten and Lactose.

People tell me I have long eyelashes for a guy.

People tell me that my dad and I look like brothers.

People sometimes mistake me for my mother's husband. *shudder*

People who speed up to make a car-length of progress.

People who play the "what?" game while you're speaking.

Far-too-frequent misspelled words which are obviously not simple typos and at once not the person using some fad new lingo.

----

My father's mother asks him for money and other favors like potty-training her new puppy.

My mother's mother goes on and on about the proper way to love Jesus by going to church and showing reverence to Mary, MOTHER OF GOD.

My mom complains to me about everything and yet she still complains to her mom and gets into arguments for what seems like no reason.

----

I don't like when clouds pass over on a dry day. I feel like the sun can't make up its mind about whether it wants to be bright or not.

MJ smell.

The smell of cigarettes unless they are marlboro.

The smell of smoke.

Smoke/heat detectors.

Car alarms.

Madame Adequate
09-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Excessively negative people.

Slothy
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I dislike odd numbers and things I can't divide evenly. Odd numbers just feel off, and if I'm eating a bag of skittles two at a time and as I get close to the end I realize there's one, three, five, or whatever left I will force my wife to eat one so I don't go crazy.

krissy
09-05-2012, 08:58 PM
people who breathe really loud

sharkythesharkdogg
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM

I am the same way. I can't stand having stuff on my glasses.

smurf, people.

:hattip: Carpool status accepted.

smurf, people.

There are people who do this on purpose. I sometimes do this if I find another driver pissing me off. :D

Go to hell, Jeff. :colbert:

Alpha2099
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I dislike odd numbers and things I can't divide evenly.
I dislike things that end in the number 1 or 9, my username notwithstanding.

Example: I tell someone to turn up the volume on the TV. They stop the volume at level 31. I tell them to either raise it to 32 or drop it to 30.

Agent Proto
09-05-2012, 10:26 PM

smurf, people.

Go to hell, Jeff. :colbert:

I never said I do it all the time. Only when I get pissed off at a driver, which hardly ever happens.

NorthernChaosGod
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM
People that speed up to get in front of you only to slow down and force you to slow down because they're either making a turn or because they just wanted to be ahead of you. Dicks.

Alpha2099
09-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I hate it when the pizza rolls explode in the microwave.

nik0tine
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
People with glasses.

TrollHunter
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
People being pretentious because they think they're far smarter/more clever than they really are.
So, as such, I hate myself apparently, even though I don't.
I'll just take hypocrite status and be done with it.

Also, people that whine and complain a lot for things they volunteer to do. That drives me absolutely bonkers.

Jiro
09-06-2012, 12:39 AM
people who breathe really loud

why is this so funny oh god :hahaha:

Pike
09-06-2012, 01:47 AM

O=)

Mercen-X
09-06-2012, 01:56 AM
people who believe really loud
That's what I read it as honestly.

Example: Volume stops at level 31. I tell them to either raise it to 32 or drop it to 30.I would just tell them to drop it to 30.

People that speed up to get in front of you only to slow down and force you to slow down because they're either making a turn or because they just wanted to be ahead of you. Dicks.You're golden.

People with glasses.

You're a latrine.

Christmas
09-06-2012, 04:01 AM
I was eating in the canteen with my colleagues.
A kid came over to me.

Kid: You're so beautiful and slim.
Makes me happy in the inside. :bigsmile:

Kid: but why are you eating such a big plate of food compared to the rest. (the rest includes guys)
Make me SO INSANE!!! RAWR!!!! THINK THAT KID WILL FAIL HER ART THIS YEAR!!!

Mercen-X
09-06-2012, 05:31 AM
You need that big pile to maintain the energy you obviously burn off inhumanly fast to be so slim despite your appetite. That chick is just a jealous b who has to shove her finger down her throat to feel good about herself. You should pity her rather than feel angered.

Raistlin
09-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Kid: but why are you eating such a big plate of food compared to the rest. (the rest includes guys)

Did you eat her? :quina:

Jiro
09-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Skinny people who legit complain about being fat.

TrollHunter
09-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Skinny people who legit complain about being fat.

Oh my gosh how did I not remember this one.
I had so many friends like that last year, note: had.
I just can't wrap my head around their mentality. Even when I think I understand it, I don't.

Jiro
09-06-2012, 06:48 AM
I mean I put on some weight while I was in the US because fuck the food is mental but even when I was like "oh gosh I'm so fat" it wasn't legitimate fears about being overweight, it was a joke about the fact that I was slightly less of a twig.

Shorty
09-06-2012, 06:51 AM
He was a fatty. I saw him.

Burnt popcorn smell.

I Took the Red Pill
09-06-2012, 07:23 AM
When I'm shooting around a basketball with some people and I make a shot and they don't give me the ball back to shoot again. It's an unwritten rule that you shoot til you miss, goddammit.

blackmage_nuke
09-06-2012, 07:39 AM
When someone asks me for a cigarette, money or anything that isnt directions or the time (or if they ask me the time when its clear i have no watch on)

NorthernChaosGod
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
(or if they ask me the time when its clear i have no watch on)

Do you not have a cell phone? Do they not have a cell phone?!

blackmage_nuke
09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
(or if they ask me the time when its clear i have no watch on)

Do you not have a cell phone? Do they not have a cell phone?!

But its all the way in my zipped up pocket! and i dont even know which pocket

Jiro
09-06-2012, 10:05 AM
My previous watch didn't actually work so people would often get pissed off at me. It was great.

milliegoesbeep
09-06-2012, 10:40 AM
People who chew loudly. There is no neeeed!

Pike
09-06-2012, 10:45 AM
People who lick their fingers after they eat something.

That noise makes me want to jump out a window.

Jinx
09-06-2012, 03:35 PM
People who lick their fingers after they eat something.

That noise makes me want to jump out a window.

I guess we can't be buffalo wing and Flamin' Hot Cheeto buddies. :(

Shiny
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
My contacts or glasses being smudged. Especially annoying with contacts. Then I have to get out rewetting drops or solution and that smudges up my eyeliner. This doesn't get my angry just more of a minor annoyance.

What does get me angry is people who smoke while they walk fast. It's hard to get in front of them so you have to just have the smoke blown in your face. It's like why can you not just stand still for a while and smoke like a considerate person?

Also, tourists who walk really slow or stop abruptly in the middle of a crosswalk while the hand is white.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-06-2012, 04:25 PM

O=)

You and Jeff. Shaaaaammee.

Christmas
09-06-2012, 05:11 PM
You need that big pile to maintain the energy you obviously burn off inhumanly fast to be so slim despite your appetite. That chick is just a jealous b who has to shove her finger down her throat to feel good about herself. You should pity her rather than feel angered.

Actually when I meant kid, I really mean a small little child. lol. I am a teacher.

Did you eat her? :quina:

No junk food! That's what the doc says!

Opps!! lol. :quina:

fire_of_avalon
09-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I dislike odd numbers and things I can't divide evenly. Odd numbers just feel off, and if I'm eating a bag of skittles two at a time and as I get close to the end I realize there's one, three, five, or whatever left I will force my wife to eat one so I don't go crazy.
Too late.

I hate it when I'm on the phone and an entire crowd of people is around me talking. It basically goes from *normal speech* to YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WE ARRRRRRE TAAAAAAAAAAAAAALKING AND LOUD AND MANY THINGS REQUIRE OUR DISCUSSION YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hollycat
09-07-2012, 02:09 AM
People who openly shove religion into every conversation they can.

Shorty
09-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Elevator doors that take five thousand years to open, and when you go to press the "please open" button, they finally open at the last second.

Slothy
09-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Too late.

Yeah, you're probably right. I probably lost it a long time ago. I'll refrain from telling people how prime numbers feel. They're like some special class of make my skin crawl numbers even worse than just regular old odd ones. There are no words.

fire_of_avalon
09-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey, baby. Twenty three. *runs*

Hollycat
09-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Hey, baby. Twenty three. *runs*

The best number.

Mercen-X
09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Skinny people who legit complain about being fat.My mom's friends. My cousin. Some other chicks I knew.

When someone asks me the time
I look straight into the sun and spout a random time.

People who chew loudly. There is no neeeed!I sometimes chew with my mouth open, though I try not to. I'm sorry if I chew loudly, but I like crunchy things. :roll2

Actually when I meant kid, I really mean a small little child. lol. I am a teacher.

My statement stands.

Agent Proto
09-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Lately I have been finding that this has been pissing me off whenever I use Google.

http://i.imgur.com/BW1WT.png

THIS. When I'm searching and I finish browsing a page and go back to Google using the browser's back button, the search menu is down with search options of what I might be interested in. This is so annoying and wish it only does this while I'm typing, not when I return back to Google's search page from a page I was just on!

Citizen Bleys
09-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Slines.

Especially slines who try to bully me into breaking the law. Don't they know they're fighting the Queen?

Oh, how I wish incitement was illegal here in Canada the way it is in the UK.

Miss Lady Shelly
09-14-2012, 06:19 AM
My contacts or glasses being smudged. Especially annoying with contacts.

This along with the contacts falling out of place or ripping while in your eye.

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 06:40 AM
He could of also been kind of a dick to begin with.

People who say "would of/could of/should of" instead of "would have/could have/should have".

This is so annoying and wish it only does this while I'm typing, not when I return back to Google's search page from a page I was just on!

Use Bing!

Night Fury
09-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Noisy eaters

My housemate when she will leave a dirty frying pan just sat on the hob for a few days before she'll clean it.

My housemate when she drags her feet across the floor instead of stepping NORMALLY.

My housemate when she forces laughter at things that aren't even remotely funny.

My housemate's existence. :mad2::mad2:

Clo
09-14-2012, 11:58 AM
I really hate it when people pick at their scabs. What the fuck, people, just let your body HEAL. It's not a pimple, it's your body trying to cover up its INSIDES.

Hollycat
09-14-2012, 12:10 PM
I really hate it when people pick at their scabs. What the smurf, people, just let your body HEAL. It's not a pimple, it's your body trying to cover up its INSIDES.

What be your opinion on pimples?

Jinx
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Noisy eaters

I really don't understand how someone can noisily eat a sausage.

milliegoesbeep
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
When people don't use a plate for their sandwiches/ food. Stop putting crumbs on the floor just because you're too lazy to wash a dish. T__T

Jinx
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
When people don't use a plate for their sandwiches/ food. Stop putting crumbs on the floor just because you're too lazy to wash a dish. T__T

This is what paper plates and napkins are for.

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 04:20 PM
People who stomp when they walk instead of being able to control their steps. People who pick their nose in public. People who spit in public.

Wait! Replace everything I've already said with "People who spit on the ground other people have to walk on. Especially gum, but expelling mucous is no better."

TrollHunter
09-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Use Bing!

Pet Peeve: People who actually think Bing is a good search engine.

Pike
09-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Use Bing!

DuckDuckGo is the superior search engine. :colbert:

I Took the Red Pill
09-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Use Bing!

Pet Peeve: People who actually think Bing is a good search engine.Hawaii Five-0 product placement: "Bing it!" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4)

Jiro
09-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Bing it does not have the same ring to it.

TrollHunter
09-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Use Bing!

DuckDuckGo is the superior search engine. :colbert:

I used DDG for a while, it did it's job well.
But.... my lord
most
subtle
product placement
EVER

Bubba
09-18-2012, 10:06 AM
People who eat porridge/cereal and fail to wash out the bowl immediately afterwards.

As we know, dried porridge/cereal in a bowl is the hardest substance known to mankind.

Jiro
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah I've just taken to rinsing everything under hot water immediately after use. Most things are basically good to go again then.

Mercen-X
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Ah grits or farina. Grits tastes like corn no matter what you put in it. Farina doesn't really taste of anything which makes it easier to flavor. BOTH leave barnacles inside the bowl and on the utensil that need to be furiously scrubbed off.

I just had a dream that I was taking a shower when I noticed that the TV was on the fritz. The problem wasn't the TV it was the VCR, somebody had changed the TV channel while the VCR was on. Waking up, I realized, that is F-ing annoying!

Shorty
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
People who eat porridge/cereal and fail to wash out the bowl immediately afterwards.

As we know, dried porridge/cereal in a bowl is the hardest substance known to mankind.

I will second this, Bubba. The gopher team at my work has to clean up the kitchen and there is always some bastard who has decided to punish me by letting his oatmeal crust in his bowl. I WILL FIND YOU, YOU CRUSTY OFFENDER.

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Along those lines, I hate when anyone puts their dirty dishes in the sink without rinsing them off or soaking them if it will require it.

Jinx
09-18-2012, 09:55 PM
i fuckin hate grits man

maybee
09-19-2012, 04:55 AM
I can't stand the sound of other people eating... so I usually eat alone... but just the sounds are just... no... can't handle it...

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Along those lines, I hate when anyone puts their dirty dishes in the sink without rinsing them off or soaking them if it will require it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?! YOU SOAK YOUR FUCKING DISHES OH MY GOD

Pheesh
09-20-2012, 12:22 AM
When I finish reading a thread, click back to the forum, and in the time it took me to read it more posts have been made so it doesn't mark as read! :argh:

Jiro
09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I can't stand the sound of other people eating... so I usually eat alone... but just the sounds are just... no... can't handle it...
I hate the sound of people eating. It makes me want to punch them in the face.

Christmas
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM
There isn't a FFX-3

Mercen-X
09-23-2012, 04:34 AM
There will be an FFX-3

Unbreakable Will
09-23-2012, 04:54 AM
When I notice my toes touching each oth...sonofabitch.

Pike
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM

You guys and Huxley should form a club.

Raistlin
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Google has revealed that there's a diagnosis for everything (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia). There's also a club (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misophonia-support-club/230115703713788), with a profile pic I think you all would approve of.

Jiro
09-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Raistlin you have just made my evening.

Tigmafuzz
09-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Google has revealed that there's a diagnosis for everything (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia). There's also a club (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misophonia-support-club/230115703713788), with a profile pic I think you all would approve of.

THANK YOU SO MUCH OH DEAR GOD I'M NOT ALONE

Mercen-X
09-23-2012, 05:51 PM
People who explain everything. Actually, that's more my parents peeve as I'm the one usually explaining things.

Pike
09-24-2012, 01:57 AM

Yep, that's the term Hux used as well. I imagine he'll approve of the Facebook group. xD

Agent Proto
09-24-2012, 02:03 AM
I also want to add that I don't like it when people repeat themselves more than one time. I can deal when they repeat themselves once, but I feel it's redundant to repeat any more. My mom is so guilty of doing this, it really annoys me and I keep reminding her that I heard her before, yet she still feels the need to repeat herself again.

Loony BoB
09-24-2012, 11:36 AM
People who walk really slowly in front of me. Especially if they walk side-by-side in large numbers. Especially if they're smoking and the smoke is blowing back in my face. Urgh.

People who chew with their mouth open, making smacking noises. Especially if they are chewing gum. Especially if they're also the kind of people who don't bin their gum.

People who use headsets/headphones that don't contain sound well. Especially if they play music loudly. Especially if they're on the bus. Especially if it's a long journey. Especially if they have terrible, terrible taste in music.

Bujurururururururu.