PDA

View Full Version : Too far gone

Hollycat
09-07-2012, 03:06 AM
I just realized I introduced myself to about 15 people today as HC.

krissy
09-07-2012, 03:12 AM
what is yoru real name

Bunny
09-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Herbert Calvin.

Hollycat
09-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Hanta Clause.

My name doesn't matter. At least I didn't introduce myself as SAK (my initials)

Tigmafuzz
09-07-2012, 03:22 AM
I used to always introduce myself to people as my last name, but occasionally I'll realize I'm about to call myself "Zeik" or "PZUU." It's weird :( I even almost called myself Squinky once. I haven't been Squinky for years. And about two weeks ago I introduced Sarah to one of my old friends and called her shortcake (part of her blog's name) and called him AssLunch (his old gamertag.)

Jiro
09-07-2012, 03:30 AM
ahahaha AssLunch. I introduce myself as Jiro sometimes if I want to be weird and mysterious to people I will never see again.

Christmas
09-07-2012, 03:42 AM
Your usernames aren't your real name? :confused::confused::confused:

NeoCracker
09-07-2012, 03:44 AM

Mine is! :D

Tigmafuzz
09-07-2012, 04:02 AM

I didn't know your name was Bitches! Oh wait.

CimminyCricket
09-07-2012, 04:08 AM
I use to introduce myself to everyone I met as 'Berger'.

NeoCracker
09-07-2012, 04:09 AM

I didn't know your name was Bitches! Oh wait.

Bitches if just my nickname. :cool:

Faris
09-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Elizabeth, Ashley, and Faris are all me depending on who you talk to and when I've met them. When a friend from high school meets someone I met at college and one of them says one of my names, I get a "who the smurf is that" look, which can sometimes be priceless. Some of my close friends know this and sometimes will flip between the two and it doesn't even faze me :razz:

Mercen-X
09-07-2012, 06:38 AM
I wish I had the absence of thought to inroduce myself as Mercen-X or Mercy or even James (nickname for my initials JAS... my name isn't James regrettably).

My mom mistakenly refers to me in public as Juice or Jude when unable to decide between my name and calling me dude. My grandma calls me Piss because she missinterprets the endearing nature of a young boy's inability to pronounce my name. The boy was saying "Fiss" but my grandma (at first unable to distinguish between P and F) began and carries on with the "Piss." My mom has tried to tell her it isn't endearing and is actually very annoying, but my grandma is extremely senile. No dice.

A schlub at my last college called me Horseradish. Somehow the whole word I deem an insult, but if someone were to call me Horse or Radish, I wouldn't be offended. The Horse is self-explanatory, I hope, but the Radish is most likely owed to DBZ.

As for the actual title of this thread, "Too far gone," my thoughts would frighten every one of you.

ReloadPsi
09-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Well... mine is at least based on my real name.

Reload for how people used to shorten my surname to Ammo (and also because it references Guilty Gear) and Psi for being a homophone of the first syllable of Simon. It's a username I universally use on the internet (with occasional variant ReloadXPsi) though it wasn't the case until around 2007. EoFF was I think the second place where I started to use it and it became permanent from there.

I have never actually introduced myself as ReloadPsi except when speaking in a YouTube video, which has been like twice. Some people do spell my name "Psi" in the real world though, which oddly I do not like. Another group of people I'm involved with online call me Reload, which I've quite taken to and I'm thinking of changing my Megazone name to Sharp Reload to hammer in the Guilty Gear reference :3

Iceglow
09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I've never to my knowledge openly introduced myself as Iceglow apart from perhaps when meeting a new eoff member in real life. In which case it's normally a curious glance before they query "Iceglow?" and I nod or say yes. Introducing myself as Iceglow would get very weird looks normally. I'd totally agree with the people giving weird looks as well. Generally people are like "Hey let me grab your msn or skype" and I spend like 3 minutes having to explain the name Iceglow to them.

Jinx
09-07-2012, 12:53 PM
I wish I had the absence of thought to inroduce myself as Mercen-X or Mercy or even James (nickname for my initials JAS... my name isn't James regrettably).

Jazz would be cooler than James, bro.

I always introduce myself to people by saying, "Hi, I'm Boobs."

Laddy
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
James is like...the most awesome name ever. Manly, but refined.

I never introduce myself as Laddy, because that's a stupid name.

NeoCracker
09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
James is like...the most awesome name ever. Manly, but refined.

I never introduce myself as Laddy, because that's a stupid name.

But Laddy, it is so easy to make an 'Only a Lad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXW66o15e0)' reference with your name!

Shiny
09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been called Shiny in-person before by non-EoFF members. They must lurk/stalk. I wouldn't be opposed to people calling me Shiny though I forbid my bf to do it just because he says it weird. Makes me sound like a stripper, but I digress. In fact I'd prefer it because many people can't pronounce my real name for the life of them.

Peegee
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Dude my work account (fb) is my online name. My license plate is a pun on my online name.

One of my nicknames at work is 'pokemon'

Just go with it.

Mercen-X
09-07-2012, 04:51 PM
James (nickname for my initials JAS... my name isn't James regrettably).

Jazz would be cooler than James, bro.

I've tried this once actually. People don't buy the reference because my initials don't have a Z anywhere. Nitpickers.

Jinx
09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Idiots.

Although, whoever thinks I was dissin' on James is wrong, as it's what I want to name my son if I ever have one.

Parker
09-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I use the name Max on Facebook and some friends jokingly call me it. Also when in Starbucks I give my name as Max for fun sometimes. Otherwise not so much. I kinda like parker tho

Jessweeee♪
09-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I tend to use variations of my own name online so there's never much room for slip ups. "Jessweeee♪" doesn't really roll off the tongue very easily.

Tigmafuzz
09-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I use the name Max on Facebook and some friends jokingly call me it. Also when in Starbucks I give my name as Max for fun sometimes.

Staff Sergeant Max Fightmaster?

One of my nicknames at work is 'pokemon'

Peegeemon?

Sephex
09-07-2012, 11:53 PM
It's weird when people address me as Sephex in real life, and I feel weird saying my screen name out loud. Who's the asshat that picked it, anyway?!

Clo
09-08-2012, 04:09 AM
My real name is Clobelina Closophoclowski.

Jiro
09-08-2012, 04:49 AM
In fact I'd prefer it because many people can't pronounce my real name for the life of them.
My cousin has almost exactly the same name as you and ugh yeah I remember she used to bitch about how people royally fuck up her name when trying to say it. It really isn't that hard a name to say.

G13
09-08-2012, 07:02 AM

Clograb!

My girlfriend was telling me about this dance routine she once did to Like A G6, and everyone involved wore shirts saying "G [whatever their number was]", and I just kind of reflexively told her I was G13. She didn't get it and I didn't really feel like explaining.

Pike
09-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't like my real name so I actually encourage people to call me Pike.

Jiro
09-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I call Pike Pike even in meatspace. That is her name. When I search her on facebook I type in Pike.

Jinx
09-08-2012, 02:34 PM
I called her Stephanie last night, and I immediately had to take a shower.

Hollycat
09-08-2012, 03:04 PM

I thought it was Clobberella.

Clo
09-08-2012, 03:23 PM
That's my middle name.

Shauna
09-10-2012, 11:23 AM
It is a little bit weird sometimes when people refer to me as "Sheetlebug" or "Sheetle", but I don't really mind. It is as much my name these days to the people I speak to on a regular basis as "Shauna".

Mercen-X
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I think it would be awesome if someone in real life called me Merck or X.