PDA

View Full Version : Rikku in X

Freya
09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I just got Rikku and honestly I see no use for her. She's weak and is all item based. I just, I don't like that. Is there anyway to actually use her productively? I don't want to completely avoid using her like I have been for all these years. Using Auron, Lulu, Tidus/wakka/yuna is just so much better! I don't see Rikku as much use to the party in combat. I like her there IN the party. Just not fighting amongst it.

Jessweeee♪
09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Sure there is! I use her all the time! She's stealing items constantly for general use or weapon/aeon upgrades (though it helps that I've played this game enough times to have memorized what enemies have items worth stealing) and she's a great item-based healer, especially if you give her a weapon with Alchemy. Once I did that I used her more than I did Yuna. She also has the highest agility stat, which is very useful for me because my playstyle usually involves manipulating speed, recovery times, and delays to make sure the enemy almost never has a turn.

Raistlin
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I completely ignored her my first playthrough as well. This time I'm trying to use her to steal items more. I have no idea what items or enemies to target, though, and so far I've just been stealing from the stronger enemies and bosses. I haven't had her that long, so no idea how useful she will prove.

CimminyCricket
09-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I used her as my main healer for a while until I maxed out everyone's sphere grid thing.

Roogle
09-07-2012, 10:21 PM
If I recall correctly, she is useful against machina-type monsters as she can dismantle them by stealing from them. Is that correct? In any case, I found her moderately useful as she has the strongest physical attack out of the female characters, so she can be somewhat decent at physical attacking with her high speed.

Hollycat
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
She can one hit any land based machina except the guardians, and eventually becomes equal in power to tidus, just ever so slightly slower (or maybe she was the faster one...) . She can use her combine limit to fully heal the party and make it invincible, or to warp enemies, create explosions, etc. She can use steal, and mug, and is the only one who can loot background chests. I believe there is a boss that has a charging attack that if she uses steal on it will negate the charge attack. (may be different game) Also she has that awesome sweater.

blackmage_nuke
09-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Her speed is great, so once youve reach the end of her grid section, jump her onto the end of wakka or auron's grid to get some awesome strength. Stealing becomes very useful late game when youre looking to upgrade you items and the al bhed potions are useful at some point in the game too (i forgot which).

Though i dont see why she makes us read instead of translating written al bhed text for us, the bitch

Nebulance
09-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Though i dont see why she makes us read instead of translating written al bhed text for us, the bitch

This.

Jiro
09-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Rikku is great once she starts getting some strength bonuses. Plus her overdrive can be completely lethal, and Al Bhed potions are way effective.

Karifean
09-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Especially when you get the two Attack +8s at the end of her grid, she can dish out some serious damage. And if you warp her to Auron...

Raistlin
09-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Seriously, why can't she just read the stuff for us???

Jiro
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
HELLY DO SAD WEE

Pete for President
09-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Rikku is great once she starts getting some strength bonuses. Plus her overdrive can be completely lethal, and Al Bhed potions are way effective.

Word!

HELLY DO SAD WEE

Lol. I forgot about that :greenie:

Shorty
09-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Rikku is actually one of my favorites in this game and I used her for my sneakthief and healer. I'm sexist in the fact that men do the fighting and women do the healing, so I probably didn't utilize her to her full potential, but that's the way things are.

Jinx
09-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Every time I play, she's my 3rd highest damage dealer, behind Tidus 2nd, and Auron 1st. She deals about 8k damage by the time I'm in Calm Lands.

Also, if you want to customize your weapons, you basically have no choice to use her.

Jessweeee♪
09-11-2012, 02:58 PM
And you want to customize your weapons.

Depression Moon
09-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Rikku is mad useful in this. She can instant kill non-boss machine-type monsters. Her bombs hit all enemies at a time, she's quick, she's the only one that can steal from in game treasure chests, al bhed potions are really useful for most of the game, and her overdrive if you know how to use it correctly is some powerful stuff!

Jinx
09-11-2012, 03:18 PM
And you want to customize your weapons.

The game is pretty much impossible if you don't.

Cloudane
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm with the consensus - ignored her during the first playthrough, but found her to be a good "advanced player" character when I'm more knowledgable and stealing things for upgrades, sending her onto Auron's grid, dismantling the abundant numbers of machina enemies etc.

Some say she can even vanquish an Ursa Major :eek:

Formalhaut
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
If you took Kimahri down Rikku's path, and took him far enough to get Steal and Use, certainly, there's an argument there that Rikku's initial advantages (Stealing and using) have been overtaken by Kimahri. However, her real strength is, as a matter of fact, her surprisingly high HP and strength values. Her first "circle" of nodes boasts many nice HP boosts, and she does get a fair amount of strength, given her appearance.

Actually, if anything, Yuna was the character I really struggled using until endgame. I didn't really need to heal much. Speaking of her, I hardly ever used Aeons either.