PDA

View Full Version : illusion of gaia general

Jowy
09-08-2012, 06:04 AM
dark souls and i are seeing other people

i blew the dustbunnies out of my TWO SUPER NINTENDO UNITS YOU ARE SO JELLY.

let's talk about cool stuff enix used to make in a forum that people are actually going to read it in!

mu sucks
mount kress sucks
i hate this game
angkor wat oh jesus
don't drink the glass on the far right
smurfin seth you were too young
neil looks like he has a fish like suit on
sky garden
lola's melody
kara is the reason for your life being horrible
i didn't care about lance and picking up his stupid beads lying around the great wall
i love this game
i only ever got 49/50 gems and the last one was in the pyramid and the strategy guide the game came with didn't help much

no idea what i'm talking about? just emulate it.

NeoCracker
09-08-2012, 06:25 AM
I only ever got all those fucking things by using an online guide. Some of them are stupid as fuck to find.

And you don't even get a reward, you fight an additional bonus boss (THe first game in the sereis, Soul Blazer, the boss broke into 50 gems. The gem collector is him, and he started the whole Freeja mining operation to find his missing pieces. :p) and he gives you nothing. He does tell you you are even stronger then the previous hero though, which counts for something. :p

I adore this game, regardless of it's flaws. <3

Madonna
09-08-2012, 06:27 AM
I love the hell out of this game. I recreated South Cape and the Nazca Lines in Minecraft once. I did not remake the Sky Gardens.

This game is full of wrenching moments that taught me how to cry as a child. Haaaaaaaamleeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Jowy
09-08-2012, 06:29 AM
delicious bacon. i was really sad though for an entire day in fifth grade!

the sky garden was the only fun dungeon in that game.

you guys are so cool.

i never finished soul blazer because i managed to get a concussion due to heat exhaustion around the time i hit chapter six

Araciel
09-08-2012, 06:45 AM
O ffs I have to replay now...

snesbox.com

Jowy
09-08-2012, 06:49 AM
incan ruins

nooooooooope!

Madonna
09-08-2012, 07:03 AM
The only dungeon which I despise is the Pyramid. Ugh, you will drip down the wrong cracks all the effing time.

Slothy
09-08-2012, 01:37 PM
One of the most depressing days of my life was the day I put this cartridge in my SNES only to find the battery was dead and I can't save a game ever again. Thank god for emulation.

NeoCracker
09-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I love the Pyramid. I hated Ankor Watt.

Wolf Kanno
09-09-2012, 06:53 AM
I should dust off my copy and actually finish this game... :shifty:

Also... Cause not posting relevant threads in that forum is what keeps people from going there to read in the first place!

Jowy
09-21-2012, 01:47 AM
notice how this thread died when you moved it

YOU RUINED IT MAN

Wolf Kanno
09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
This forum needs to stop treating the General Squenix forum like it's infested with rotting corpses who died from the plague. :colbert:

Besides, it's not like all these people don't have notifications that link to where it went. You people could be posting.

Jowy
09-21-2012, 05:34 PM
sadly nobody wants to scroll down past the first few forums anymore

why haven't you finished this game yet?!

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Haven't had time, and I am actually more interested in it's sequel Terranigma sadly enough.

Jowy
09-22-2012, 04:42 PM
terranigma's fun until you get to bloody mary...i've never gotten past her!

Roogle
09-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Terranigma is a much more refined game than Illusion of Gaia. My only regret about this great series, produced by Quintet, is that it is a very solitary experience. There are allies in Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma, but they do not actually help you in gameplay by helping you fight or anything like that.

Jowy
09-22-2012, 11:39 PM
I always liked that vibe. You know who your friends are and have to fight even harder to protect them from the evils of the world.

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2012, 11:19 PM
I should get back to this game, I'm getting ready to do some Halloween themed games soon, so maybe after that, I can fish the game out of my collection and finally give it the love it deserves. I've played the game like three times and have never been able to get very far due to one circumstance or another. Now that I think about it, I need to finish FF Mystic Quest as well.

Del Murder
09-24-2012, 01:09 AM
I loved Illusion of Gaia. I was so sad about Hamlet. :( Never played Terranigma. Was that ever officially released in the US?

Jowy
09-24-2012, 04:10 AM
It was NOT sadly. Made it extra-special when I discovered it via emulation though.

NeoCracker
09-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Terrinigma was great when I finally played it.

It does inch out Gaia due to it's superior script. That was probably the worst part about Gaia is a completely bare bones script.

Slothy
09-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I had trouble getting into Terranigma. Though the last time I tried playing it I didn't have a controller for my PC yet and I despise using a keyboard for stuff like that. May have to go back and give it another try.