PDA

View Full Version : using balthier (iOS/PSP)

Jowy
09-08-2012, 06:27 AM
oh god he makes orlandu look like a lowly geomancer

i had him and mustadio lock down everything with elemental guns. get on my level.

or do you like to turn agrias and meliadoul into highlanders and watch them never die and bask in the tears of those lowly germinas peak monsters

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Balthier is utter bullshit in WotL in how utterly broken he is. Giving him better versions of all the thief skills, all of Mustadio's skills, his equipment pool from FFXII, Barrage from FFV, and then starting him off with one of the best pieces of light armor in the game that gives a huge speed boost, and giving him a suped up gun. It is pretty clear that the Ivalice team loves the man. He was no slouch in Revenant Wings either.

Raistlin
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Balthier is definitely ridiculous. I used him for a little bit just because he's Balthier and guns are cool, but I eventually went back to my generics.

VeloZer0
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
He is extremely strong when you get him, but I feel that he kind of peters out in comparison to the Special Knight class characters at the extreme end game. Guns are just a poor way to deal damage, and though he performs well because he has a gun that is ahead of the curve everyone else can catch and surpass him with Deep Dungeon items. He is still useful, but more of a supporting character.

Roogle
09-21-2012, 07:21 AM
I would assume that he would be jettisoned into top tier status because his Barrage ability hits up to four times, right?

Wolf Kanno
09-21-2012, 07:32 AM
He can pretty much solo the bosses with the right equipment set up. So yes, he is top tier.