PDA

View Full Version : An act of Kindess, An act of Gratitude.

Christmas
09-08-2012, 03:43 PM
So when was the last time you've been kind to someone and lend a helping hand?

I remembered I was rushing home a week or so ago and I met an old lady carrying a lot of stuffs.I helped her carry her stuffs to her house and she held my hands and say "Thank you". :)

A simple act such as this can make a difference to a person life. I wondered if I've just walked away like the other passer-by, how would she be? Will she still be struggling to carry her stuffs back or I just pray that someone that is not me will give her a hand? :)

The simple choices that we made in life can play a major difference in others' life whether good or bad. It is also your choice whether to show the gratitude to the person that once helped you. Even if it is just a simple mere "Thank You" :)

While on the topic, I wish to take the chance to express my gratitude to Lynx (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/9019.html) or better known as Madonna now. Hey, whatever name you are being addressed now, you're still the best. :bigsmile:

The amount of things that you have done for me and helped me with is countless or I lost count cause of my fading memory. Old woman here, sorry! But just take my current avatar that you made as an example, it really meant a lot to me. :love:

The drawings that you had done, and that forums that you had created for me, I'm so sorry to have wasted your effort but I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate it. Everything, all those that you had done.

Hope you like my piglets and my little self portrait!! I've always wanted to do something for you before I leave the forums everytime in the past. But for some reasons, I always forget. But now, no more!!!! Thank you Lynx!!! Thank you so much!! :kaoclove:

NeoCracker
09-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Most recently I helped my sisters friend pack up for her move, which took about 8 hours in total.

I helped a person load up a large drawer when I saw them while I walked by.

I stopped to make sure two people in a wreck were alright, waited until an ambulance arrived (They were both alright though), was even late to work for that one.

I'm a pretty bitchin' person like that. :p

Jinx
09-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't want Christmas to leave. :(

Raistlin
09-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Lynx made my Pimp Unne avatar too!

I do nice things for people by gracing them with my presence. More seriously, I helped my sister with her homework and helped a poor, overworked secretary with her filing while waiting for my supervisor to get in. She said I was her hero.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Beyond common courtesies like holding the door open, I can think of two in the past couple of months.

I spent part of the summer shadowing a doctor friend of my mom's. Most of my time was spent at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, so most of the people I worked with were disabled in some form. I remember that one man who had recently arrived was looking for my superior. She was busy and didn't hear him, but I noticed him and walked over to see what he needed. He asked if he could have more physical therapy sessions, as they seemed to help his health. I told my boss about it, and she was able to write a prescription for it. Even though he was told he'd have to pay out of pocket for it, he seemed happy about it. It was nice that he was able to get something that he might otherwise would have had to wait longer for if I weren't paying attention that day.

The other is when I had to help with assembling and disassembling lights and sets during a production of The Music Man that I was cast in. A lot of it consisted of having to lift heavy boxes and other items. I can tell you that my arms were throbbing after doing this, but the great show we put on made it all worth it.

Tigmafuzz
09-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Every. Single. Day. Sarah and I are easily the most kind and generous people that either of us know. Which is strange, considering we are also the most cynical.

Christmas don't go :(

NeoCracker
09-08-2012, 10:26 PM
She'll be back in a few months anyway. :p

Tigmafuzz
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
That's too long :whimper:

Faris
09-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Hope you're back for Christmas, Christmas!

A few weeks ago, a stranger (a girl probably a bit younger than me), was waiting for a bus that she was unsure was coming. She asked me about it so I looked it up on my phone to find out that it didn't show up for the time she expected. Unfortunately, when her next bus was due to come her transfer would have expired but mine had about an extra hour left on it, so I swapped with her.

Jiro
09-09-2012, 03:33 AM
I make it a habit to be nice to people so that I don't remember when I am. Although the day I helped a blind guy cross the street in NYC made me happy because he was saying thank you so much and everyone around me seemed to just ignore him.

Christmas
09-09-2012, 03:40 AM
What I meant is I always forget the last few times when I softa left and just in case I left, I have done what I wanna do years back!! Not saying I am leaving though, sorry if it is misleading!!! :bigsmile:

Also, it is a good thread to show your gratitude to others too!! Like any EoFFers that helped you!!! I got a few to list out!! Think will update more when I got the time!!!

Psychotic

HAHAHAHA, the trout talks that we had together and the helps that you rendered lol. You little walrus head is still using the profile pic that I drew!!! Thank you!!! :kaoclove:

Resha

Glad that you are doing well in the uni!!! Although you might not see this or can someone be kind enough to send this to her? You are my fav FROG always and MASMAS HATES SHASHA for life!!! :heart:

Shiny

I will keep this private in our little private room having our private moments. Good 2011 elections moments together!! :kaoclove:

Rantzien

OMG, you are like the best son that ever comes out of any vagina in the world. Thank you for your help with all the designs and technical related things!!! I remember I used to PM you for all those helps!!! THANK YOU!!! :kaoclove:

Old Manus

You smurfing dickhead. You smurfing stinks like a smurfing tofu that have been smurfing rotting in the smurfing drain. Let me give you a smurfing hug before you go smurfing die.

Shiny
09-09-2012, 08:10 AM
So many EoFFers have helped me actually. Let's see...

Rye taught me some graphic design tips.
Rantzien and O_o helped with technical stuffs.
DK and Psychotic taught me how to teabag on Halo.
Leeza or rubah (can't remember) taught me how to stop being a nub and post pictures correctly on the forums. I didn't know how to do the html codes or whatever. I didn't even know what CSS meant.

I once wrote an essay for an EoFFer who was having serious writer's block. He got an A on it and it brought his grade up dramatically since essays counted for a higher percentage of his grade. It was a pretty good deed considering he was failing the class.

In terms of good deeds outside EoFF, I can't remember them all. I think ultimately it tends to have something to do with a homeless person though.

Faris
09-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Resha

Glad that you are doing well in the uni!!! Although you might not see this or can someone be kind enough to send this to her? You are my fav FROG always and MASMAS HATES SHASHA for life!!! :heart:

She got your message ;)

NeoCracker
09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Resha

She got your message ;)

DAMN YOU FARIS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PULL UP HER EMAIL AND SEND IT TO HER! :cry:

Araciel
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
"OMG, you are like the best son that ever comes out of any vagina in the world."

Should I make this my signature...?

Madonna
09-10-2012, 02:24 AM
http://hatred.vignettegrimoire.com/images/smilies/kaocrazyloveleft.gif Christmas, I am thankful you push me to be so social. Your sunny disposition, even when LITTLE MANUS is around, is refreshing. I hope we have many a pleasant time together in the future. I will keep this image in my heart, with the sparse, few other gifts I have received over the years. I will also save it to my hard drive.

I, too, have the memory of an old lady (we traded), so let me thank everyone I see here. Please pretend these are apt (thank you in advance).

Uncle Big Hands, you have been a big help with all the trouble I have been having recently. Thanks a ton.
Araciel, your posts always cheer me up and restore my faith in humanity. Get out of this cesspit before you drown.
Tifa's Boobs, living on the Internet has kept me away from women, but seeing your photos remind me that if I cannot touch a woman, I at least know what one looks like.
Faris, your kind words and attitude are strong contradictions of your piratey exterior. Thank you for teaching me not to judge a book's cover.
Raistlin, I used to fear swimming. Now I fear staying ashore while you sunbathe. Thank you for getting me into the water.
Shiny, a lot of my timidity has been removed because of all the webcam sessions we have had. This has helped me in my daily life.
Elite Lord Sigma, you are the best Halo buddy a guy could ask for. Now if I could just convince you to play Black Ops Zombies as well.
Jiro, thank you for never forgetting about me. Do you still have that collage of me on your wall? I would thank you more if you got rid of it.
Tigmafuzz, you have opened up my imagination. NASA puts people on moons. You, computers on walls. Me, I wonder too, but I no longer think "no".

Acts of charity and compassion are something beyond me. I think I once kicked a dog that was attacking a small child once. A bit of a shame, really, since I was trying to hit the kid too.I help people out all the time because we are all in this together.

Jinx
09-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Tifa's Boobs, living on the Internet has kept me away from women, but seeing your photos remind me that if I cannot touch a woman, I at least know what one looks like.

:D WELL I NEVER

Jiro
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Jiro, thank you for never forgetting about me. Do you still have that collage of me on your wall? I would thank you more if you got rid of it.

I do indeed have that collage, and I also have that one christmas card I unsuccessfully sent you a few years ago. I will get it to you one day!

Christmas
09-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Actually I got more people on the list since I softa make new buddies each time I come back. LOL. It's like broadening the social network with each visit.

Kiki - GONE!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GIRL!!!! WHERE!!!! :(

Rye - LOL, LOL, LOL, cccchuuuuu~~~~~~~~ :heart:

Roto 13 & Cim - Hahaha, you two, you inseparable two. Hahaha, I dun even know where to begin with, lol.

Jiro - He is here since the time when I am active in 2006 but for some reason, I never get the chance to invade his usernotes and talk to him. Where were you hiding, Jiro? :bigsmile:

Quin - He was like, a spammer, Psy's buddy and goes by some funny name that I cannot remember? But I have a vague memory of him that keep wanting to add his rocket mole to my Paint comic the last time. What is with your rocket mole, Quin? lol. :bigsmile:

G13, - Good old G13, remember the days when we formed an union with Hello Kitty star wars avatar to battle against Manus? LOL. That was epic!! :bigsmile:

Qwertysaur -He is a really shy person when I first talked to him like in 2006? Now he is like the most sociable person ever. lol. Where are you now buddy? :bigsmile:

I don't need a name - Hahaha, I was the one that give him this idea of a name change. I still think it is one cool username and we sure LOL a lot together!! :bigsmile:

I took the red pill - KIKI 1.5, enuff say. :bigsmile:

Tigmafuzz - HAHAHA, we softa got along pretty well!!! Think I invaded his usernotes a long long long long time ago. LOL. Think he is infected by my virus now. :bigsmile:

Oh man, I still got so much more!! :bigsmile:

Jinx
09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Your worm anus virus?

Iceglow
09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm generally the guy who will accept being late to work just to help someone with the heavy bag or baby pushchair they're struggling with.

As for eoff members, I owe a lot to Jiro, Tifa's Boobs, Psy and DK just for being there always no matter what a bro needs you're there for me much love guys :bigsmile:

Jinx
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm generally the guy who will accept being late to work just to help someone with the heavy bag or baby pushchair they're struggling with.

As for eoff members, I owe a lot to Jiro, Tifa's Boobs, Psy and DK just for being there always no matter what a bro needs you're there for me much love guys :bigsmile:

Aw. :3 I'm glad to listen and help out and write your resignation letters for you!

NeoCracker
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
No ones thankful for me. :cry:

Well, except for Lynx, but now I feel bad cause I have no Idea what I did. :(

Jinx
09-10-2012, 04:47 PM
No ones thankful for me. :cry:

Well, except for Lynx, but now I feel bad cause I have no Idea what I did. :(

I am thankful for your assholeness. It makes me feel special.

Sephex
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I think the last nice thing I did is that someone dropped a decently large bill, like a $20, and I picked it up and gave it to the person. He didn't know he dropped the money.

In general, I try to be a nice person when I am out and about. Even if I am having a pretty rotten day, I try to do the right thing if the situation presents itself. After all, it isn't the general public's fault why I might be having a bad day. A lot of people use that as an excuse to be jerks to strangers, and I just don't get that kind of justification. Sure, everyone is going to have their bad moments and vent at someone now and then, but to consciously do it is kind of a douche thing to do.

Shiny
09-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Shiny, a lot of my timidity has been removed because of all the webcam sessions we have had. This has helped me in my daily life.
Really, why is that?

Jiro - He is here since the time when I am active in 2006 but for some reason, I never get the chance to invade his usernotes and talk to him. Where were you hiding, Jiro? :bigsmile:
He's here posting 500 posts a day.

Jiro
09-12-2012, 10:52 AM

Only 400 times a day thank you very much :colbert:

Jinx
09-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Only 400 times a day thank you very much :colbert:

Yeah, he's got work and school now.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Aw, Christmas. You're the bestest. :love:

Zombie
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM
If you're too kind to people, they will begin to abuse your nobility.

Jiro
09-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Being nice doesn't always mean being a sucker.

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 03:51 AM
MY GRANDMOTHER IS A SUCKER! She currently has two moochers (a "friend" or more accurately acquaintance she met once and exchange pleasantries with and now her husband) living in her tiny apartment in a home for the disabled and elderly. She's not allowed to have subletters so if her landlord finds out, she's out on the street, or worse (from her outlook) living with us. Honestly, my parents have been trying to get her to so much as visit us over the past four years and she won't set foot past the city line. And when my mom calmly advises her to give her "friends" an ultimatum, my grandmother yells and fusses like a cranky seven-year-old.

My dad is also a sucker when it comes to family. He often goes out of his way for his brother and sister and is currently enslaved to his own mother who abuses his kindness as if it's owed to her. He walks her dumbass dog which she originally allowed to drink coke. He has repeatedly shampooed her carpets because she's too old and frail to properly potty-train her own damned dog which she insisted on purchasing as a "cute puppy." I tell you there is nothing anyone of you on this site could possibly say to me about family that could convince she's anything but a malevolent witch. By the way, she has diabetes and once picked a scab that left her bleeding to the point she almost died and she would have if my dad hadn't driven over there to get her to the hospital.

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 03:54 AM
I guess I significantly accelerated the process of getting my and my former housemates' tenancy deposits returned, but it's been a while since I got to do a spontaneous good deed for anyone beyond planting birthday cards in locations for people to find; September's a big birthday month for us :P

And y'all are correct: being nice doesn't always mean being a sucker, a lesson I have yet to learn apparently. It's why I straddle the line between nice and complete twat all the time.

Pike
09-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I like to buy presents for my boyfriend :jess: Thanks, GoG and Steam sales!