PDA

View Full Version : Best Villain Motivation Redux

Forsaken Lover
09-08-2012, 10:48 PM
It's a blast from da past ! (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/117594-best-motivation.html)

With a new copy of FFX on its way here, I'm in an FF mood. I've been thinking about and discussing Seymour a lot lately and it reminded me how much I liked him.

But let's move on.

People have all sorts of different criteria for why they like a villain. Generally one of the things that matters most to me is the Why of their villainous nature. Why are they evil? People are not born evil after all, or at least that is what I believe. So what circumstances pushed them to this course of action? Can I relate to it or understand it and possibly even envision myself taking a similar road if exposed to the same circumstances?

And so here we are. Which FF villain do you think has the most interesting or well-explained reasoning for being a villain?

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2012, 05:30 AM
For the most part, I'm sticking to my initial post, though a recent run-through of FFIX has made me realize that Kuja's sympathetic motive is offset by him being a colossal evil asshole. So yeah, Xande, Kuja, and Vayne probably have the best motives in the series.

Christmas
09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Kefka!! The immense hatred that is fuel by the madness and the insanity that creates him via an experiment that didn't go so well. :bigsmile:

He destroyed the world and HATED everything. He hates for the sake of hating!! Me like!! :bigsmile.

Btw, he got a sexy laughter. :kaoclove:

Del Murder
10-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Kefka is my favorite villain because he destroyed everything and is insane, but I would agree with Wolf that Kuja had the best motive for being a villain.

Raistlin
10-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Definitely Vayne. Too many FF villains follow the crazy-badass-out-to-destroy-the-world trope, and FFXII was a refreshing change from that. His story was very dark, mature, and, well, human.