PDA

View Full Version : I am getting sick.

Pike
09-09-2012, 01:15 AM
You know that point when you know you are coming down with something? I'm at that point right now. My throat is just beginning to itch, my sinuses are starting to ache, and I'm feeling woozy.

And yet this is only the calm before the storm. It is the worst feeling ever.

I am going to drown myself in Vitamin C and go to bed early.

What do you do when you know you're getting sick?

ReloadPsi
09-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Open a window or find some way of creating a cool draught and drink some hot lemonade with a bit of honey and extra lemon juice.

Jinx
09-09-2012, 01:24 AM
HOT TOTTY YUM YUM ALCOHOL

But seriously, I take a benadryl and drink a shit ton of water.

Tigmafuzz
09-09-2012, 01:26 AM
HOT TOTTY YUM YUM ALCOHOL

and/or Vicodin.

CimminyCricket
09-09-2012, 01:39 AM
I take a pain medication to hold off the fever as long as I can, drink a ton of water, and eat all the hot food I won't be able to hold down the next day.

Bunny
09-09-2012, 02:27 AM
I bake cookies, make tea, and welcome the sickness warmly.

Christmas
09-09-2012, 02:45 AM
I'll call my doctor to get my precious MC ready and a hotel suite with a sexy hairy man as a massager stationed outside the room that comes with buffets served as meals 10 times a day. You need a very relaxed and sumptuous environment to recuperate from illness you know. :quina:

Jiro
09-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Nearly every day I get to a point where I almost vomit and then spend the rest of the day feeling like shit. Nearly every single day. Got Bison Flu, you know?

Sephex
09-09-2012, 03:39 AM
I laugh in my colds face and start downing as much booze as possible. Screw you cold, I can destroy my body on my own!

fire_of_avalon
09-09-2012, 04:47 AM
A cold is a viral infection which means only time and your immune system will kill it. Almost everything you do to "treat" a cold is actually a treatment of a symptom, not of the cause.

One thing you can do is when you have a fever, don't treat it and keep your body warm, but not dangerously so. This causes your cellular reproduction to slow down, therefore also slowing down the reproduction of a virus.

Going to bed early is also good - adequate rest ensures your body is able to do it's best to destroy those punkass hijackers.

Vitamin C isn't gonna help you, though. While it is an important component of the immune system, megadosing on Vitamin C will actually decrease it's absorption rate and you'll pee it out. And if you really megadose on it you could get kidney stones which I understand to be totally crummy and no good.

Rest, fluids, warmth, and waiting, sister.

blackmage_nuke
09-09-2012, 04:59 AM
I eat food, drink orange juice and blow snot.

I dont know why people say yellow snot is bad and clear snot is good, i hate the early moments of sickness when im producing a lot of mucus but its clear, my head hurts and blowing my nose hurts and swallowing motions hurt, but the next day each day i blow out some thick yellow snot or phlegm it feels like a weight is lifted out of my airways and i feel like a million bucks

Raistlin
09-09-2012, 05:34 AM
I generally don't get colds, or at least don't notice them with my allergy meds. But about 2-3 times per year, I'll have a major allergy problem where I have awful sinus issues and sore throat for several days. I drown myself in decongestants on top of my allergy meds to try to fight it off.

Araciel
09-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Infect others.

Shiny
09-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I have a rash on my legs and arms...and a sore in my mouth...

I took some vitamin C and some tea. I will probably just drink water, but wtf do I do for the rash? Baby powder?

Christmas
09-09-2012, 06:53 AM
.and a sore in my mouth...

Anything unusual got into your mouth lately sweetie? :jokey:

Araciel
09-09-2012, 06:55 AM
...rash!?

Shiny
09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
.and a sore in my mouth...

Anything unusual got into your mouth lately sweetie? :jokey:
No.

...rash!?
Yes.

Well actually I did try a small droplet of something labeled "even hotter" which was right next to a chili labeled "very hot". So there you go. I'm thinking that might be it, or just the air in the city is getting to me again plus I got smoke blown in my face for like the 50th billionth time. I friggin' hate inconsiderate smokers. Smelly bastards. >=(

Also I have very sensitive skin so I get rashes often especially on my legs. My skin reacts weirdly to a lot soaps or lotions, or even some sunblock.

Araciel
09-09-2012, 07:30 AM
smoke iin the face causes impotence.

Psychotic
09-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I am going to drown myself in Vitamin C and go to bed early.

What do you do when you know you're getting sick?That.

And shriek and moan and cry and plead with anyone who will listen. Sometimes I make sacrifices. We don't talk about those.

fire_of_avalon
09-09-2012, 04:19 PM
For the record, I am about like Paul when I actually do get sick, except for the sacrifices. That's why I don't look at people when I get sick, because if i look at them they must take care of me.

Shorty
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
I turn into Sheldon Cooper.

Gallons of water, buckets of hot tea and all the comfort food I can get my hands on. I turn into a fatty when I get sick because all reasoning for healthy food goes straight out the window.