PDA

View Full Version : question/help about chrono cross

ffmouse
09-10-2012, 06:25 AM
ive played chrono cross (playstation), and got to the part just b4 u turn back to ur original self, but the game freezes at that point. has anyone else had that problem, and is there a way to fix it?

Wolf Kanno
09-10-2012, 06:48 AM
What are you playing it on? The PS2 has some compatibility issues with playing PS1 games that causes the games to freeze or crash. Have you had other issues before? It might also be your disc, if it has a scratch it could be freezing the game.

ffmouse
09-10-2012, 03:24 PM
i was playing it on the ps3, and ive had no issues with any other game. and it has no scratches, it was bought brand new (still wrapped in the plastic). i also googled to see about what the problem is, with no results. but a few other ppl said they had the same problem with the game freezing at the same spot in the game

krissy
09-11-2012, 10:08 PM
i;ve had the game freeze a lot at a certain point, though i don't rememeber where specifically. i was playing it on both the ps1 and ps2. eventually i burnt a second copy of it and did the disc switching trick on the ps1 to get past that moment. i think it was an fmv on a tower? either way, i made it through somehow and ended up saving and stuff but the stupid thing froze during the ending again. at that point i just youtubed the ending.

it's a shame because it's a wonderful game.

ffmouse
09-11-2012, 11:56 PM
krissy, thats the only problem i have with mine. i tried to google and see what i can find, but i found nothing. ive seen some ppl post that they also have the same problem, freezing during the rebirth scene, and others say they've had no problems. and yea, it is ashame cuz i love chrono cross (and all the FF games for that matter), and i cant even get to disc 2

Jowy
09-12-2012, 04:38 AM
I had that issue a lot in disc 2. I recall just opening the lid on my PS1 and then it fixed itself.

ffmouse
09-12-2012, 04:51 AM
i opened the lid on the ps2 and it didnt work