PDA

View Full Version : They took our Jerbs man!

Iceglow
09-10-2012, 04:05 PM
So today has been a pretty horrendous day for me, those of you who've spoken to me will know I've been very upset by a lot of things lately.

Though one thing has definitely cheered me up! Today I got myself a new job and it's office based ok so it's still involving crappy hours and the pay isn't great but I can live with that until I get some experience in the field and move elsewhere.

This meant that I got to place the phone call I enjoyed more than anything and quit the HMV job I had held for the past 4.5 years. It's a long overdue exit from the battlefield of that place. On to pastures new where I can become fat due to riding a desk all day. (only joking PG, it's like right around the corner from my gym)

Bunny
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Is.. is that.. punctuation?!

Iceglow
09-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Lol actually I forgot to put the actual topic in this I've been so distracted today! So for a topic when was the last time you quit your job, did you bother with any pranks or did you just go quietly?

Madame Adequate
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm happy for you man, here's hoping things are looking up from now on :jess:

Jinx
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
The last job I quit, I put in my two weeks notice, then didn't show up for my last two shifts. No call/no show.

Why?

Because they were dicks to me, and I really didn't give a fuck. The funny thing is, I still go back there to eat. :D

Sephex
09-10-2012, 05:31 PM
I used to work at a UPS. I have them a good 2 weeks notice, and left there on good terms. I had another job at the time that I also quit at an ice arena. See, I suddenly got offered a new job. They were less understanding about it. I still did my duties, but there were a couple of Saturdays that I didn't show up because training for my new job was more important.

Slothy
09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
There might just be no better feeling than quitting a job you hate. Smiting bots is quite good too, but just not the same. Congrats Steve.

Last job I quit was my call center job. I got something better and gave my two weeks, then proceeded to have the most relaxing two weeks I had at that job. I still did my job mind you, and I did it well, but not having to give a trout about my performance or anything made the job quite a relief for once. Best day was my last day when I ended up on the phone with some asshat from outside the country complaining about an issue which was caused by another cell phone company and not us. Had to stay on with him for about an hour and a half before he finally gave up. Not a single smurf was given that day let me tell you, though I did consider just hanging up on him a few times since there was nothing anyone could do. With my luck he would have called and gotten me again though.

Psychotic
09-10-2012, 06:14 PM
THAT'S MY BOY

THAT'S MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY

STEVE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

let's go to hmv

you and me

and just piss. nothing else. just casually strolling around the store, urinating.

is it a date? :flirt:

Shorty
09-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Congratulations! There's almost nothing better than getting that phone call to tell you you've got the job.

Shlup
09-10-2012, 10:30 PM
I walked out of Target on my 7th work day. Screw that noise.

Raistlin
09-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I've never quit a job that angry with the management, so I've just given some notice and left. The last job I quit was a summer job at a small firm last year, but that had a planned end date, which doesn't really count.

escobert
09-11-2012, 01:14 AM
wtf is the topic? I cba to read this much!

Christmas
09-11-2012, 01:18 AM

It's about job, Bert. You know, you get paid by getting screwed or you screw others and pay them. :bigsmile:

Jiro
09-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Just kind of faded out and was never called back in :monster:

Jinx
09-11-2012, 01:24 AM

What job?

escobert
09-11-2012, 03:11 AM

It's about job, Bert. You know, you get paid by getting screwed or you screw others and pay them. :bigsmile:

Oh, I don't really do anything at work!
I just change prices and shit.

Jowy
09-11-2012, 03:18 AM
When I put in my two weeks notice at Verizon Wireless (dying of the plague is a better option), I decided to take a half day and have a friend from work just buddy punch me out at 10. He did that and kept doing it for another three days. Nobody ever stopped to look at time sheets so I still got paid for those days I wasn't even there. Thanks bro!

Tigmafuzz
09-11-2012, 04:36 AM

I get paid for being screwed :bigsmile:

...Screwed out of my dignity :x_x:

Goldenboko
09-11-2012, 11:51 PM
I have yet to officially quit a job.

Jiro
09-12-2012, 01:59 AM

What job?

When I was working for my local weekly. Small paper, they had me doing photography mostly. Got me to do a job the day after my 18th and clearly that was never going to end well. :monster: