PDA

View Full Version : Batshit guns aplenty! It's Borderlands 2!

NeoCracker
09-10-2012, 04:34 PM
8 days to go. WHo is excited?

I'm looking forward mostly to Zero, mostly because Mordekei was my favorite in the first. I love me some Sniper Action.

Of course I also look forward to dual torrent action, as well as the dreaded Gunzerker.

Who shall be picking up this epic of a game!

I shall be getting mine on PS3.

CimminyCricket
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Then we shall be able to play! I'm getting this because I love Borderlands. It took me until this year to finally grab it and play it and it is fantastic. It's a game that my GF and I play together and I'm not allowed to play my main character unless she's playing too. I won't make that mistake with Borderlands 2. I just hope they let you skip the opening sequence, I don't like having to sit through that stuff.

NeoCracker
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I love it the first couple times, but yeah. It quickly gets old when you've made enough characters. :p

CimminyCricket
09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Once is enough for me! haha. It wouldn't be so bad if they let you wander around while the HUD was loading or let you look around while you're waiting to get off the bus.

krissy
09-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Literally Billions of Guns!

Goldenboko
09-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I fucking love Boarderlands. Replaying through the first right now, ​just to get me pumped.

CimminyCricket
09-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Onlines? We can play tomorrow!

VeloZer0
09-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Yes, this is something I am really looking forward towards. How I will find time to play it is still a work in progress...

Elite Lord Sigma
09-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I want to pre-order this so badly, but I have to wait to make sure that I have the cash before I do.

NeoCracker
09-11-2012, 09:07 PM
You know, now I really want to know what a Bat Trout would look like. o_O

Goldenboko
09-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Onlines? We can play tomorrow!
Depends, got any non-maxed characters? Or willing to start new ones?

Bolivar
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
What platforms are people playing it on? I was thinking of getting it on PC.

Goldenboko
09-12-2012, 04:13 PM
XBOX360

VeloZer0
09-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm still undecided. I usually prefer my PS3, but I think the people I am most likely to play online with might be getting 360.

Bolivar
09-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and assume I wouldn't be seeing any of you on Steam with this thing.

Jiro
09-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Preordered the PS3 version. Going to be teaming up with o_O and Fujiko as often as possible. I just hope my PS3 decides to play nicely! Can't believe it's out soon, I might have to take it with me to ye olde Sydney when I actually visit them!!

Elite Lord Sigma
09-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I just put in a pre-order for the 360 version of the game. I'm probably not going to receive it until the end of the week, but real life would have been in the way until then, anyway.

Shattered Dreamer
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I can't wait for Borderlands 2!! Gonna be playing split-screen co-op with my house mate on a projector screen :bigsmile:

NeoCracker
09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
And the remainder of my day will be held in seclusion! :bigsmile:

Goldenboko
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Friend acquired it for me while I'm stuck at work. I want to be home playing this so bad!

Araciel
09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Imma get that fo sho ps3

Araciel
09-21-2012, 07:32 AM
so I got the download version on ps3

but had to free up some hd space first

'won't be needing my borderlands 1 character saves..'

now i lose out on the loyalty bonus cheese.

I'm sure it was nothing amazing but still :cry:

Goldenboko
09-21-2012, 05:19 PM
D'aw! Missing out on free swag sadface! :(

Powering through the game as the Ninja, because I figure everyone will want to be him when I play online. If anyone is playing this on the XBOX360 lemme know! I wanna make a GoBo Gunzerker to play with people :)

Araciel
09-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Gunzerking without a sniper is rough... I need more psn friends!

NeoCracker
09-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Phaselock is Freakin' brutal once you get the fire nova ability on it.

Currently in the 30's for my level (I forget exactly what), and I've almost gotten Ruin. Oh the Havock I shall bring with Ruin.

Rantz
09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
What does everyone think of the game so far? I've only just started playing it tonight, but it seems pretty awesome to me!

NeoCracker
09-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I beat it the other day, and the story is leagues better the Boarderlands 1. The only real Issue I had with this game is the last area kills any momentum the plot had built up, and it's rather unsatisfying. Still a great game though. :p

Jiro
09-24-2012, 04:40 AM
I beat it the other day,
what the smurf

Araciel
09-24-2012, 07:40 AM
...I'm level 7...

Shattered Dreamer
09-24-2012, 10:19 AM
I beat it the other day, and the story is leagues better the Boarderlands 1. The only real Issue I had with this game is the last area kills any momentum the plot had built up, and it's rather unsatisfying. Still a great game though. :p

The exact same thing happened in Borderlands 1 though when you fight those Vault robot guards & Crimson lance soldiers at the same time. I still can't wait to pick this up next weekend :D

NeoCracker
09-24-2012, 01:24 PM

The exact same thing happened in Borderlands 1 though when you fight those Vault robot guards & Crimson lance soldiers at the same time. I still can't wait to pick this up next weekend :D

The difference here is the Story in 2 is really good, and they are building an epic showdown between you and Jack, where as in Boardlands 1 there really wasn't much of a buildup to the final confrontation, and the story was, at best, bare bones.

There are effectively three major points in this game where your hatred of Handsome Jack spikes, yet the whole resolution to that is massively disappointing.

Goldenboko
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
What does everyone think of the game so far? I've only just started playing it tonight, but it seems pretty awesome to me!
My level is about ~20 right now with Zer0. Game is epic.

"You've just activated my trap card!"

EDIT: Can't comment on the end yet because I haven't beat it, but I'm getting there and I can actually theorize on how the game will have an anti-climactic end. I don't particularly care though, because 1 was always about it's amazing loot-based gameplay which 2 has improved in every which way! The increased quality of narrative did not truly change the focus of the game, only make it an even more enjoyable experience!

VeloZer0
09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
The last few areas in Borderlands 1 were so grueling. I'm just glad I was a Siren at the time and just sprinted/phase walked past the whole thing.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Well, I got this game last Wednesday. I'm playing as a Commando right now; I've hit about Level 20. I managed to get a kickass fire pistol, the Punctilious Aegis, from the Sanctuary Gold Key chest. I've used it for the entire game so far; it melts bandits and psychos like nobody's business. I also have a decent rifle and an explosive shotgun that obliterates enemies close up to compliment it. I like everything I've seen so far.

Goldenboko
09-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Sanctuary Gold Key chest

How did you get a Gold Key to open this? :D

Elite Lord Sigma
09-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Sanctuary Gold Key chest

How did you get a Gold Key to open this? :D

Gearbox will be giving them out on special occasions. I started out with two; one from pre-ordering the game and the other from signing up for Gearbox SHiFT. Randy Pitchford has also been giving out redemption codes over the past several days on Twitter.

The only reason I used my first key was because I didn't realize what the chest was until after I opened it. Now, since the loot--which, by the way, is always at least rare (purple)--inside that chest scales with your level, I'm waiting until I hit Level 50 on my second playthrough before I open it again.

Goldenboko
09-26-2012, 04:36 PM
...super lame! I always hate when Dev's have stuff like this.

NeoCracker
09-27-2012, 12:48 AM
I just used my key, since I'm Level 50 with my Maya now, and dear lord.

The Sniper Rifle I got is glorious. Over 22K damage, 3K electric damage per second, Burst fire while Zoomed, and increased Stability.

However it does take two bullets a shot, and it only holds 8 (9 with my boosted capacity.), so I only get to fire one full burst, then a single shot and reload.

Though when I near one shot a level 48 War Loader, I think I'm fine with this.

The other Item in the chest was an SMG with no special abilites, but does 4985 damage a bullet with a huge clip.

Goldenboko
09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Haven't gotten to play much past two days, birthdays and other obligations. Currently on side-quest galore though! Reached level 21 with Zer0 and got the killing with melee heals skill.

It's fucking sick.

NeoCracker
09-27-2012, 10:32 PM
I beat it on True Vault Hunter the other day (The second difficulty, there is only 2 this time it seems).

I tried my luck solo on the Terramorphage, the level 50 quest, and oh fuck I got my ass kicked.

Shattered Dreamer
09-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Bought the game this evening & it's amazing! 5 hours in & if I didn't have work in the morning I'd still be playing it

Goldenboko
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Progressing nicely, level 29-ish, got through the three hurdles, will give fuller thoughts on plot later.

As for right now, there is something in my inventory, screaming at me, telling me I'm wasting ammo, this that the other thing. And I SWEAR TO GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS DOING IT! I've unequipped every item I had an it STILL CONTINUED. IS THAT SAVE FILE JUST CURSED??????????

Shattered Dreamer
10-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Progressing nicely, level 29-ish, got through the three hurdles, will give fuller thoughts on plot later.

As for right now, there is something in my inventory, screaming at me, telling me I'm wasting ammo, this that the other thing. And I SWEAR TO GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS DOING IT! I've unequipped every item I had an it STILL CONTINUED. IS THAT SAVE FILE JUST CURSED??????????

There is a mission where you help a Loader AI find a new body. When the mission finishes you get the choice to change the AI into a gun or a shield. When you do it talks to you when it is equipped. And it's annoying too so it sounds like that's the problem.

Goldenboko
10-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Nope already did that one already got rid of that one hahahaha

NeoCracker
10-02-2012, 12:02 AM
the one that talks about the Ammo a lot is from the quest to kill 100 Bandits, and the 4 optional ones are to kill them with different elements.

Goldenboko
10-02-2012, 03:58 AM
the one that talks about the Ammo a lot is from the quest to kill 100 Bandits, and the 4 optional ones are to kill them with different elements.
Is the weapon suppose to shut up when it isn't equipped? If so my game has glitched in the worst way, because it won't shut up and I think I sold it.

NeoCracker
10-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Yeah, your'e pretty much fucked then. :p

Goldenboko
10-02-2012, 05:54 PM
...that makes me absolutely miserable. *sigh* Better go find the official forums and report this as a bug.

NeoCracker
10-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Played as Axton for a while, and dont' get me wrong, his dialogue is funny, (My favorite being after a burning midgets death scream axton yells 'That's what she said') I could only take teh bro for so long. So now I am running Salvador.

God Gunzerking makes this game feel like it takes no effort.

Shattered Dreamer
10-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm playing as Zero in my coop playthrough with my housemate. I had heard from several reviewers that Zero is the worst character & if he is consider how much I enjoy playing with him the others must be smurfing awesome!

I'm currently level 22 & I've been upgrading the bloodshed skill tree exclusively & using only stalker class mods. The 1200% melee damage bonus I currently have is way too much fun :bigsmile:

Goldenboko
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
They fixed my bug! That was fast :)

Zero probably is the worst character at taking out the large bosses of the game, but in terms of quickly dispatching foot soldiers, its hard to argue with a character that literally doesn't need ammo. I've been pleasantly surprised just how fun and polished gameplay with Zero is. Many times this melee characters feel awkward and out of place in games such as these, but turning invisible and flying around the map backstabbing unsuspecting enemy after unsuspecting enemy really makes it a fun way to play. Highly recommend.

Shattered Dreamer
10-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Got a chance yesterday after work to play the game solo. Picked Maya the Siren for a change. Phaselock is awesome especially against bosses and badasses.

NeoCracker
10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I've been playing Gaige a bit, and going down BFF's.

My friend did Anarchy, and I watched him, at Level 7, kill baron Flynt in 2 shots. o_O

Anarchy is fucking insane.

Hollycat
10-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Beat my first playthrough as a Siren, didn't like the new power. I am now almost done with my first run as a mecromancer, and I think the exp system for them is wonkey or something, because at the point I'm at, I should only be level 20 or so, but I'm level 27. I've found some pretty awesome guns, my favorites being a gun that shoots 5 bouncing homing fireballs that make a HUGE fiery explosion upon impact, bane, and apparently one of the rarest versions of liar. My version of liar shoots about 200 tiny balls of light in a tight cone, each one landing for about 3000 damage. WAY OP.

Is the weapon suppose to shut up when it isn't equipped? If so my game has glitched in the worst way, because it won't shut up and I think I sold it.
That gun infects other guns.

Aulayna
10-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Played as Maya, currently lv36 chipping away at True Vault Hunter mode. Feel free to add me on Steam (Ashliiful) if you want to go on a shooting spree sometime!

Goldenboko
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Beat the game, ending boss was too easy, but certainly not anticlimatic. Started a Gunzerker, he is OP compared to Zero. That is all.

That gun infects other guns.

I think there was some sort of glitch, as I had dropped every weapon and still heard it. The one day I logged in after an update and it was gone.

Shauna
10-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Mr Shauna and I are playing through this - very slowly - these days. He's playing Siren and I am playing Commando (If that's what the class is... xD) and it is awesome.

It is more of the same as the first game, but that's fine with us. We had super fun playing the first. :D

My only disappointment is that I accidentally opened the chest in Sanctuary at like level 8, and got some subpar weaponry that I've already outgrown. :( Bad times.

Shattered Dreamer
10-21-2012, 06:43 PM
I honestly thought this game couldn't get any better but I LOVE True Vault Hunter mode! The final boss was a little bit disappointing the first time I must say especially when I discovered my Deception sword slash took off a lot of his health

TrollHunter
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
God I want this game in my life :(
My Mordecai gunslinger was overpowered as all hell (I had every element variation of the 15 fire rate pistols, so if I need corrosion fire, shock, or really anything I was set. Add that with the hilariously overpowered skills the gunslinger branch has, and enemies were dropping like flies. Like, new game+ new haven enemies would just die in 2 shots of my super low level corrosion pistol, was amazing)

From what I've heard, this game improves so much on the first... I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE.