PDA

View Full Version : Awkward.

Pike
09-11-2012, 02:25 AM
I was at work today just minding my own business when suddenly this customer started having this heated argument with whoever she was talking to on her phone, yelling obscenities and such and not caring who was around to hear her.

I uh... continued to mind my own business.

What are some awkward situations you've been in?

CimminyCricket
09-11-2012, 02:33 AM
I remember I was in the Math tutoring section of my school because to me 1+1=4. Anyway, as if that wasn't awkward enough for me, outside the study area there was this woman (who had to at least be 40) talking to her mom about her 55 year old roommate who doesn't clean up after herself. This 40 year old woman lives with the 55 year old and her own daughter (who also has a daughter) and she was very loudly complaining about how shitty her roommate is and how poor choices made by that woman lead to her being 55 and living with a roommate. Huh.

Shiny
09-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Today I was standing next to a couple that kissed for 5 minutes while I waited for a train. They weren't even moving their lips like literally just lips sealed and touching with eyes closed. It was very...awwwkwarrrd.

Citizen Bleys
09-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Man, Pee-Wee Herman would totally pwn this thread.

Christmas
09-11-2012, 02:44 AM
That has to be this epic moment when another teacher is giving one hell of a serious lecture/scolding to her class. There was absolute slience from the kids as they listened in remorse and guilt while the teacher splits her guts out with her teachings. :serious:

I walked past that class....

My nose itched....

And I sneezed...

really loud...

In the middle of the serious and solomn lecture that is going on.....

Slience, even the teacher stopped talking....

Everyone turned their eyes and looked at me...

I walked past the class like in a split second....

There was a really short awkward slience...

After that, I heard laughter, loud laugthers from the kids that were having a serious and solomn lecture a few moments ago.

It was like the most awkward thing ever to happen!!! Way to ruin the atmosphere!! :(

Jinx
09-11-2012, 02:54 AM
goddammit christmas

Shorty
09-11-2012, 05:55 AM
When I worked at Sears a few years ago, this lady customer came in with her kid who started to run around and had a good time doing it. His mom became infuriated and grabbed him and spanked him not once, but several times right in the middle of the store, yelling at him all the while. It was pretty late and not many people were there, but I'm pretty sure that everyone in was was in the store heard her.

Not much later she came up to the register to check out. It was insanely awkward.

Laddy
09-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Everything!

Night Fury
09-11-2012, 10:21 AM
I work in a clothing store and I remember not long after I first started this couple came in and they were just looking through the jeans in my section, then the woman came over and asked "If I have bigger boobs, will I need a bigger size shirt?" (There are shirts in the denim bit too) so I said yes to her and carried on with what I was doing. Next thing, her boyfriend was calling her fat so she started throwing our clothes hangers at him. In the middle of the store. :mad:

I was actually scared for myself.

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Well... in my first job I worked in a rundown movie theater so I have a ton of awkward moments.

Similar to Pike's story, we had a lady who would walk up and down the strip our theater was at and come in asking if she could use the phone. She was pretty quiet and demure but as soon as we let her use the phone she would call up her ex-husband and cuss him out and ask him how he liked to fuck his new whore of a girlfriend, along with more wonderful pleasantries. She came by at least once a week to do this...

I also had a time I went into a theater to do a temp check and found that a homeless lady had taken over the handicap space and had unfolded a huge blanket and had bottles placed everywhere like she was trying to set-up a ghetto seance. There was a moment of silence as we stared at each other, and then I slowly shut the door and told managment I wasn't going to do temp checks in theater 5 anymore...

Pike
09-11-2012, 10:48 AM
When I worked at Sears a few years ago

COME COMMISERATE WITH ME ON HOW AWFUL THAT PLACE WAS

Jinx
09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
When I worked at Sears a few years ago, this lady customer came in with her kid who started to run around and had a good time doing it. His mom became infuriated and grabbed him and spanked him not once, but several times right in the middle of the store, yelling at him all the while. It was pretty late and not many people were there, but I'm pretty sure that everyone in was was in the store heard her.

Not much later she came up to the register to check out. It was insanely awkward.

It sounds like she maybe went a little overboard, but people spanking their kids in public (usually) doesn't bother me. This would have, but I actually commend parents who discipline their children.

Hollycat
09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Think I've told you this story already, but we got a lot of weird customers when I worked in Mcdonalds, including a hobo with a cat in his bag, and a man who smelt so bad more than half the customers left when he came in.

Parker
09-11-2012, 02:08 PM
everytime I got to wetherspoons there is a weird couple who are absolutely the definition of PDA making out for literally hours. like make-out, take a bite of food, make-out, take a drink, make-out etc and the guy gets up to order another drink with a sad look in his eyes because he can't wait to get back to the making out and she's the same sat in the corner all lusty-eyes in his direction

it's pretty awkward and uncomfortable and kinda puts me off my food and I try to arrange it so they are not in my line of sight so i can enjoy my poorly-cooked and overdone even when ordering rare steak

they keep popping up in my life tho, i saw them on a train platform and in the local shop and im very paranoid and think maybe theyre doing it on purpose to upset me

Jessweeee♪
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
omg one time I said I love you to a guy friend totally platonically and I thought was obvious that it was platonic because well for one he is gay and it was pretty obvious even though I don't know if he was out of the closet yet at the time and his brother saw it and totally misunderstood and they invited me over the next day just to harass me about it and I wanted to die :(

Shorty
09-11-2012, 05:01 PM

It sounds like she maybe went a little overboard, but people spanking their kids in public (usually) doesn't bother me. This would have, but I actually commend parents who discipline their children.

She wasn't beating him, per se, but it wasn't just a little swat. It was a round of good ones, and it was awkward as shit to listen to.

When I worked at Sears a few years ago

COME COMMISERATE WITH ME ON HOW AWFUL THAT PLACE WAS

oh my god, you worked at Sears?! IT IS INDEED AWFUL

Pike
09-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I worked there for a year and it is tied with Kmart for the worst place to work in my opinion. (No one is surprised, seeing as they're both Sears Holdings)

Sephex
09-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I was in a bathroom stall a few years ago at a restaurant. I just finished my business, but I had my pants pulled up with my fly open. All of a sudden my chest started to have an itch, so I lifted my shirt to see if was anything other than random nerves going off. Right then a guy just barges in my stall. I am sitting there with my fly open and shirt up, like I was waiting to meet his loving arms. We both said hi to each other and he bolted out of the bathroom. When I got out, he was nowhere to be seen.

Zeldy
09-11-2012, 11:05 PM
I had to ring a customer to inform him he had outstanding rentals, he replied he was in a funeral and would return them as soon as possible

Iceglow
09-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I was at work in HMV and during the christmas period my supervisor had me both running the counter and service teams with another senior sales and managing the demonstrations team to keep the Kinect demonstrations going constantly. I was doing a stint on the stage demoing it myself when this lil' kid wanted to have a go at Dance Central. The little girl must've been all of about 6 and her mom was like "Ok sure, if the man will let you" so she comes running over to me all big cute blue eyes and is like "Excuuuuuuuusssseeee meeeeee misterrrrr! Can I play pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!?" so I'm like sure! What game do you want to try showing her the games available to try hoping she's going to say something innocent like kinectimals. She chose to play Dance Central because she loves dancing. So I'm there and she's like not understanding how you do it so I jump in and show her how it's done with her breaking it down. Well one of the dance moves to the song she chose to do was literally quite sexual it involved literally doing the whole "ass spank/swing it like you just don't care" move. I've seen this come up and looked at the mom as if to say "Oh fuck! What do I do?" the mom is dying of laughter on the edge of the stage and I'm there having to show this little girl how to do that move whilst attempting to maintain a straight face. The mother thankfully was like "You're a star! I saw your expression when you had that move to teach her, I've never seen a man so panicked in all my life it was hilarious made the entire trip worthwhile this has!" which alleviated the uncomfortable feeling I had of "Omg I just taught a 6 year old girl how to do the spank move!"

Miss Lady Shelly
09-14-2012, 06:22 AM
My One guy friend asked me tonight what is it like for women to have there monthly visitor. I looked at him and said.. You don't want to know.. He said im just curious so what is it like. I said its disgusting. Felt really awkward to discuss something like that while being at work.