PDA

View Full Version : Username changes

Dr Unne
09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Did you ever change your username to something silly and then leave for a few years, come back and wish an admin would change your name back to Dr Unne for you? Discuss.

What is this "Gil" thing? Also, who are you people? Identify yourself if I'm supposed to know you.

Shlup
09-11-2012, 09:38 AM
This is me refraining from renaming you dR uNnE. I think that shows growth.

Gil is used to buy new cards for Triple Triad, which I assure you is very active and popular despite not having a function that alerts you when it's your turn.

Shorty
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
holy shit!

My original username was Demosthenes, but everyone shortened it to Demo. Not a fan of that.

Pheesh
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Nope. Never.

Tigmafuzz
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Unne... is back?

oh my god what do I do

Quindiana Jones
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I've yet to encounter that specific example, but I have changed my name many times.

Pike
09-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi.

I am afraid I have not done a silly thing like that!

Loony BoB
09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Helly my name is Loony BoB and I'm a dumb white guy.

Also, welcome back. Also, I'm really glad you've got your name changed back to Dr Unne, because name changes are horrible things, and being called God never really suited your more humble nature that I'm used to! :)

I've never returned after a long absence and then asked for my username to be changed back to Dr Unne.

Agent Proto
09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Whoa, it's Dr Unne! Hi, welcome back! Are you going to add back to your old avatar and signature? I think we still your avatar, and more. Take your pick.

To answer your question. Nope, never had to do that, but I did change my name to something silly a couple of times, but they always come back to Agent Proto.

Jinx
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
No, but I changed my username to something awesome, because I was bored with my old one.

Chris
09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
I've had two or three changes, all of which were weird.

Hollycat
09-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not allowed to change my username because I am slightly retarded.

So, I finally get to meet the infamous Unne. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Sephex
09-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Sup, Unne. I have been back for awhile if you remember me. I used to have a 018 at the end of my name that I actually had you remove YEARS ago.

Iceglow
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Dr Unne... it's time for you to tell me all of your plans and when done I shall undoubtedly defeat you in a daring mission of wits, guns and babes. Oh wait, that's Dr No, not Dr Unne... wrong Doctor!

I've left for a period of months before but never really years though I've had periods where I've been hardly active whatsoever. I've never changed my name to anything I regretted though it's been changed for me many a time to many hilarious things as pranks. I do have a habit of forgetting my password. Therefore Psychotic being bored of setting my password anew in my profile and giving me sensible passwords decided to change my password to something totally ridiculous that I would never, ever forget. It's worked.

Pumpkin
09-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I was lovemuffin for a little while.

G13
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I used to be Guardian XIII, but then I tried Mega Shake and dropped all those unwanted characters. I've never felt better!

Jowy
09-11-2012, 05:01 PM
hi unne, how is the glorious pacific northwest?

i have never changed my forum name here.

The Man
09-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi Unne; welcome back an' trout :monster:

I was Kilgore Trout for awhile and Deathjester for awhile. I can't think of any other name changes I've used here, although there may have been one for some forum profile theme or something.

Shorty
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Were you really Kilgore Trout? That is amazing.

NeoCracker
09-11-2012, 05:34 PM
No Idea The Man was a fan of Breath of Fire 2. :p

I've been Corncracker and Neocracker.

The Man
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Were you really Kilgore Trout? That is amazing.Yes. It may be one of my favourite usernames I've ever used anywhere, but too many people here know me as The Man for it to stick.

No Idea The Man was a fan of Breath of Fire 2.I've never played it, actually. It's a Kurt Vonnegut reference. :monster:

Peegee
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
hi I'm PG. You blocked my updates in your feeds if you know what's good for you.

I have had some really stupid screen names. I sometimes get frustrated having to type out 'moo moo the ner cow' over and over.

Jinx
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Vonnegut is awesome.

The Man
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes. Yes, he is. :monster:

Mercen-X
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I've never done this. I've thought about it.
In fact, I requested a name change not long ago. However, I was denied. :confused:

You wouldn't know me. It's rare that someone does. I've had some fairly decent threads. I've been in a few arguments with local forum idiots. I occasionally make some good points. I change my mind about things after about three or four years. My name comes from a character I created for a story which was meant to be a videogame but I can't program, so the best I can hope for for any of my work is to get it "published" onto the internet where I'm paranoid at the thought that no one will ever read it. By the way, if you want, you can call me Merck, Mercy, or Jas.

I remember you jsyk. That means "just so you know", jsyk.

NeoCracker
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Were you really Kilgore Trout? That is amazing.Yes. It may be one of my favourite usernames I've ever used anywhere, but too many people here know me as The Man for it to stick.

No Idea The Man was a fan of Breath of Fire 2.I've never played it, actually. It's a Kurt Vonnegut reference. :monster:

Huh, in Breath of Fire 2 Kilgore sends you on a job to steal something from a guy named Trout. :p

Perhaps that was referencing Kurt as well. :p

The Man
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
It almost certainly was :monster:

Dr Unne
09-11-2012, 06:26 PM
This is me refraining from renaming you dR uNnE. I think that shows growth.

Thanks. You did a really good job.

Whoa, it's Dr Unne! Hi, welcome back! Are you going to add back to your old avatar and signature? I think we still your avatar, and more. Take your pick.

Hi. Maybe I will. Probably I'm going to forget.

Sup, Unne. I have been back for awhile if you remember me. I used to have a 018 at the end of my name that I actually had you remove YEARS ago.

Hi. I do remember. I'm not that old yet.

hi I'm PG. You blocked my updates in your feeds if you know what's good for you.

Hi. Pretty sure I have you hidden in my Facebook feed, but because of volume rather than low quality.

So can I cash in Gil for gifts and prizes? If not, I think you should make that happen.

It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to edit my signature. Things have gotten complicated. This must be the style of the day.

Psychotic
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Hello Dr Unne, remember me? I'm that guy you once renamed to Fizzlebo McFlufferbunny. I say "once"...

And oh look. Now I'm the admin. I feel like it's Clockwork Orange and you're Alex and I'm a droog police officer.

Taking suggestions on how to exact my 7 year vengeance.

Freya
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Silly unne, it's not that complicated!

I highly doubt you'd remember me I was a fresh newbie back in '04 known as Lekana. I remember you though, for what it's worth. Welcome back! :D

Goldenboko
09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi Unne, I'm Goldenboko, previously my name was spelt with a c instead of a k, I was probably before your time though...

Hello Dr Unne, remember me? I'm that guy you once renamed to Fizzlebo McFlufferbunny. I say "once"...

And oh look. Now I'm the admin. I feel like it's Clockwork Orange and you're Alex and I'm a droog police officer.

Play Beethoven

Citizen Bleys
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Who the frakk are you?

Madonna
09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
What!? You have never heard of Dr Unne?!

Never have I asked to be named Dr Unne, but now I sure wish I had thought of it last week.

Jiro
09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't think you would remember me but oh boy do I remember you.

I once came back from an absence and tried to change my name back to Dr Unne. It didn't work out.

Pike
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
So can I cash in Gil for gifts and prizes? If not, I think you should make that happen.

I keep telling people to make this happen but nobody is listening.

Jessweeee♪
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I was originally Jesse1. I requested a change once and never looked back! Well I did look back once. For like I don't know two years after we upgraded to vB4 I still couldn't do blogs or view visitor message conversations because of the odd character in my name messing with URLs, but it got fixed before I went through with it.

Loony BoB
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM

I keep telling people to make this happen but nobody is listening.
Eventually, gil will become much more useful once I set up special TT cards that cost more notable amounts. But for now... for now we wait for "stuff" to happen first.

Mercen-X
09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
I knew you wouldn't know me.

Bunny
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I am not important, you may carry on with your day.

Raistlin
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Unney! I am somewhat surprised, though pleasantly so, to see you post here. You will always be Unne, though I liked God (#thingsineverthoughtidsay).

I have never voluntarily changed my name for any significant length of time. The staff has forced some on me though, including Menses and Rudy Toppledaur McLawrentwitz, or whatever it was. Good times.

Rantz
09-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I used to be Rantzien and then I made it longer and then I made it shorter. Good times.

Citizen Bleys
09-12-2012, 06:37 PM
including Menses

That sounds like something I'd do to you. Also something that they wouldn't have let me get away with here. Are you sure it wasn't GHF?

Shorty
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
There have been worse names than Menses floating around here before.

Raistlin
09-12-2012, 08:58 PM
including Menses

That sounds like something I'd do to you. Also something that they wouldn't have let me get away with here. Are you sure it wasn't GHF?

It was Shlup's doing. Shlup is not all that concerned with decorum. She is, after all, the only current staff member to have an EoEO ban to her name.

Not for a whole month though. xD

Jinx
09-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Shlup is EoEO banned?

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Haha, I remember Menses.

Pike
09-13-2012, 12:05 AM
then I made it longer and then I made it shorter.

This is a family friendly forum Pontus :colbert:

escobert
09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi Unne! I remember you always used to edit my posts whenever I talked about drugs! :D

and I used to always change my name but I don't think they let me anymore.

ReloadPsi
09-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Mine was Psi but by the time I joined I was beginning to more universally use the slightly longer and more minimum-four-characters-compatible-elsewhere-on-the-internet ReloadPsi, so shortly after the April 2007 meetup I had it changed to avoid further accusations of impersonating Psychotic.

I have a Megazone membership. There you can indeed change your username at any time. I'm Sharp Reload (lol Guilty Gear) at the moment but I'm thinking of changing it to ChevalNoir (lit. Dark Horse, though that idiom does not exist in French) because it really annoys some former film-making colleagues of mine that we got called a dark horse team once ;)

Dr Unne
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM

Hi Unne! I remember you always used to edit my posts whenever I talked about drugs! :D

Those were the days.

Raistlin
09-13-2012, 10:34 PM

What does Bleys have to do with this?

Peegee
09-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I remember Dr Unne once saying that he would allow rampant profanity in EoEo (or EoFF?) but something something I forget - maybe that he regretted writing that sticky post.

Is my memory failing me?

Dr Unne
09-13-2012, 11:10 PM
What does Bleys have to do with this?

Dunno, just wanted to post a creepy bunny.

I remember Dr Unne once saying that he would allow rampant profanity in EoEo (or EoFF?) but something something I forget - maybe that he regretted writing that sticky post.

Is my memory failing me?

Doesn't sound like something I'd say.

Bubba
09-13-2012, 11:11 PM
My name has been changed once but not by me. Paul changed my name to Jordan Henderson for the course of the Euro 2012 championships. I did not appreciate it.

The Man
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Is my memory failing me?

Doesn't sound like something I'd say.

You may have done something like that to mock ed once, but I don't remember the details.

Raistlin
09-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Unne was temp banned after making a thread where he cussed ed out. That was good times.

EDIT: Here it is. (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/65731-public-service-announcement.html)

Christmas
09-14-2012, 12:25 AM
I was Unknowns, like those little pokemons who eat stuffs - quoting from Iri Valentine who gave me the first usernote!! I am still pretty unknown though cause no one around here knows me! :bigsmile:

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2012, 01:58 AM
including Menses

It was Shlup's doing. Shlup is not all that concerned with decorum. She is, after all, the only current staff member to have an EoEO ban to her name.

Not for a whole month though. xD
I was EoEO banned.

Hi Dr Unne. I've never requested a name change, except for maybe when I wanted to be Mrs. Peacock to Shlup's Professor Plum, but I have had name changes thrust upon me.

Please put your avatar back in place.

Raistlin
09-14-2012, 02:20 AM
When were you EoEO banned? I do not remember this.

Shlup
09-14-2012, 04:32 AM
A week or two in May 2004, by Unne, for telling someone to get a life.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, is before I was EoEO banned. So I think you owe me an apology. :-*

rubah
09-14-2012, 05:25 AM
The origami lizard you made me got really sunbleached, but then some orange popcicle spilled on it and it turned dark green again.

I don't know either.

Miss Lady Shelly
09-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Yes.

Raistlin
09-14-2012, 05:46 PM
A week or two in May 2004, by Unne, for telling someone to get a life.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, is before I was EoEO banned. So I think you owe me an apology. :-*

I apologize for thinking you were the only loudmouth on staff. :love:

And that was before foa was on staff. I'm sure after that she matured and learned from her mistake to be nicer and more cordial... Ok, probably not. But she didn't quit staff just so she could tell off The Redneck!