PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Dimensions

Fynn
09-11-2012, 11:44 AM
So, has anyone given this a try yet? I'm dying to play it, but I'll still have to wait a bit - see, it requires at least an iPhone 3GS to play, while I only have a 3G :(

Jiro
09-13-2012, 09:57 AM
These iOS games piss me off. Most people who can afford an iPhone haven't spent all their money on consoles! :exdee:

Clo
09-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Oh man I've been playing that. I like it! It's stupid, but simple and clearly an homage to the ancient jRPG.

Lamia
10-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I tried out the free prologue last night and found it to be very charming. It reminds me of a mix of FFIV and V. The touch controls are fluid and it is surprisingly fun to play an oldschool FF on a touch screen! I also appreciate that the menus, battles, etc transition quickly. The loading in FFIII really annoyed me. The sprites are very well done and I like how detailed they are. The game is nice looking but sometimes looks like something made from RPG maker...but not always! Most of the time it looks like IV/V but smoother and more vibrant. Oh, and the music rocks!

Overall, I really like it and I am pleasantly surprised. I am not sure how I feel about having to pay $29 for it though... On one hand, it isn't a very old game and not previously sold in the US (like CT and FFT) and it supposedly has 40 hours worth of game play. Also, remakes of FF games on the DS and PSP also went for this price. On the other hand, iOS and Android games are not usually this expensive... But I guess if we want quality, full featured games on our phones and tablets we have to pay up, right? Well, I hope by the end of this little quest I will feel like I spent my 29 bucks well.

Evastio
10-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I want to play FF Dimensions really badly. Even the videos of the game look really awesome. It's like an old school FF fan's dream come true.

Hopefully it'll have a console release or a non-cell phone portable release in the future.

I especially like all the subtle references from other FFs (characters like Sara, Cid, Matoya, Dr. Lugae, the four generals referencing the four elemental fiends from FFI and IV, the temporary guest system that FFII and III had, the class system from FFV).

Shorty
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I guess I'm the only one out of the loop enough to have confused this with a "the dimensions of the Final Fantasy games" :(

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I haven't but I really wanted to. I have an Android phone so no there, and the price is a little steep at the moment anyway.

Evastio
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Has anyone spoiled the final boss for themselves on youtube? From a nostalgic level, it's awesome on so many levels and it has many references to different FFs (I really don't want to spoil anything major, but I will say that the final boss heavily references FFI, FFIV, and FFV).

Yar
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
I am in love with this game. I just bought it for my phone. I wasn't sure if this was the same game you are talking about because it has a different name over here!

Final Fantasy V has always been my favorite FF. This game is perfect for me.

Graphically, it is a bit disappointing. It reminds me of playing a game on RPG Maker. But the gameplay is very streamlined, and I love catching all the references to old-school FFs.

If chapters are any indicator, I am about halfway through. Just at the end of chapter two, I've being killed twice by the final chapter boss :(

It's quite expensive for an iPhone game, but compared to other video games here, it's pretty cheap. I remember spending $30 or so on the GBA rereleases of IV through VI, so all in all it isn't that bad. If you're a fan of old school FF, particularly the SNES generation, you need to get this game.

Formalhaut
10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Well, I don't have an Iphone, but from the looks of it, it seems nice enough.