PDA

View Full Version : they try to copy my swagger

Jowy
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
don't you hate when you come into work/any other function and someone is wearing almost the exact same thing you are? today must be universal untucked longsleeve dress shirt with jeans day or something. how do you usually react to someone almost looking like you? you call 'em out, or just roll with it?

at least my shirt is ironed...

Jinx
09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
don't you hate when you come into work/any other function and someone is wearing almost the exact same thing you are? today must be universal untucked longsleeve dress shirt with jeans day or something. how do you usually react to someone almost looking like you? you call 'em out, or just roll with it?

at least my shirt is ironed...

This is how men should dress everyday.

Jowy
09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
raising the bar since 1986

Sephex
09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I rarely encounter this problem because I dress like crap. Go me!

Jinx
09-11-2012, 05:18 PM
something something mick jagger

Iceglow
09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I almost always wear a suit shirt un-tucked over jeans. They're always long sleeved but the sleeves are always rolled up to the elbows, even in winter. I generally will throw a v-necked fine knit jumper over the top of my shirts in winter and roll the sleeves up.

Shorty
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
I roll with it and tell people we planned to come to work like this before they can ask if we planned to come to work like that.

Psychotic
09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Form a gang with them. Whether they want to or not. Sometimes it gets awkward if I have to tattoo them.

Citizen Bleys
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd just nod and say "Kilts tomorrow, right?"

Mercen-X
09-11-2012, 09:36 PM
So, what, torn-sleeve shirts are out now?

escobert
09-11-2012, 10:53 PM
I wear the pimpest collard shirts at work. Nobody can match my swag!

Raistlin
09-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I have to wear a suit every day to work, which is a place where everyone wears suits, so it's not particularly weird to see someone with a similarly-colored one. Unless they have the same tie, which would just be crazy. And then I would lie in wait until they were snoozing at their desk and cut it off.

escobert
09-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Or just keep an extra?

Christmas
09-12-2012, 12:09 AM
TAKE YOUR UNDERWEAR OFF AND WEAR IT ON YOUR HEAD. "HEY LOOK, AT LEAST OUR UNDERWEAR IS DIFFERENT. SEE? MOTHERSMURFERS!"

PS:I have NEVER done that in my life. :bigsmile:

Jinx
09-12-2012, 12:14 AM
I have to wear a suit every day to work, which is a place where everyone wears suits, so it's not particularly weird to see someone with a similarly-colored one. Unless they have the same tie, which would just be crazy. And then I would lie in wait until they were snoozing at their desk and cut it off.

pics or gtfo

Iceglow
09-12-2012, 12:25 AM
When people wear the same clothing as me though I normally just laugh, check them out and go "Damn you look good but personally I'm going to say it suits me better!" Normally with my friends this will result in a few minutes joking around about who looks better. With those I don't know well or don't know me they tend to get really offended but that's their problem for going out buying the same clothes as me and wearing them to the same places as me.

Jiro
09-12-2012, 02:00 AM
I have seen people wearing clothes I also own but never has it happened at the same time.

Pike
09-12-2012, 02:08 AM
don't you hate when you come into work/any other function and someone is wearing almost the exact same thing you are?

I have never worked somewhere that didn't require everyone to be wearing the exact same uniform, so...

Clo
09-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Sometimes I'll wear a similar color scheme as another teacher, and the kids will go ermergerd, did you guys do that in purpose?! To which I say yes, I called her at six this morning and we thoroughly discussed our outfits over breakfast.

fire_of_avalon
09-12-2012, 03:19 AM
We used to joke about memos at my old job when three of us would somehow all wear a purple top.

Now I wear scrubs and so does everyone else.

Jessweeee♪
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
I die a little inside whenever I go to the bank in "work appropriate" clothes and the fifty year old teller is wearing the same shirt as me :(

Shiny
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
This has never happened although I did see a girl walking down the street (singing doowop doo a diddy dee diddy dee) a horizontal striped black and white shirt. Mine is a bit looser and the sleeves are different. I was also going to wear white shorts, but realized jeans are superior. Sometimes I'll wear black slacks, but I always wish I were wearing jeans instead.

It's funny because most people here will either wear a skirt, dress, suit, or jeans. This hot guy at work always wears a suit. He has a lot of work groupies.

snacks
09-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Eric has always worn pretty swaggirific clothes.

I don't really give 2 roody poo's anymore about how I dress, but if I end up wearing something collared and or button up, I definitely am swaggin'. Swag-a-licious. And I def do it WAY better ;)

Balzac
09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I'd be amazed if anyone wore the same clothes as me to work as I work on my own.

snacks
09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
that guy in the mirror wears the same clothes as you

attack him.

Balzac
09-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't have any mirrors.

snacks
09-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Or do you?

Anyways I look like a homeless person 99% of the time until I go out and actually have to kind of look presentable then, nobody can cop my stylings. Nobody at all.

Bubba
09-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I would seriously not care though it always seems to be a big deal to everyone else. I would just say to him "Good taste, my friend".

There are only so many cool clothes to buy.