PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, stupid!

Shorty
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I left my toothbrush at my mom's house and didn't realize it until I went to brush my teeth this morning. So now I have to suck on mints and rinse with mouthwash all day to avoid feeling gross.

What's the last silly thing you did that could have been easily avoided?

Psychotic
09-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Made an identical replica of this thread in The Lounge.

Oh.

Oh wait.

That wasn't me was it...

Shorty
09-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I chose to omit that in the OP, but thank you for unveiling it. :aimmad:

Freya
09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Bahhaa

I keep making the mistake of going to bed too late and then being tired all day. I know it's stupid, but I do it anyway :/

Psychotic
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
So you tried to conceal the truth from the public? Well I'm whistleblowing about gross misconduct from the staff.

Shorty
09-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Same team, man!

kc, I did that last night. Gotta knock it off :(

Sephex
09-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I have a knack for misinterpreting tone through text. It doesn't happen here too often, but mainly through phone texting. I always feel like a dope afterwards.

Slothy
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Well it's just sitting there in the Lounge all deleted and such when you could have just moved it. I'd see if there was a way to remove it, but I find it much funnier to leave it there for some reason.

Anyway, on topic: I had a bit of a fight with the wife on Saturday, got pissed off and punched a door as I stormed off. I didn't even think I hit it that hard but there's now a fist shaped hole in the middle, I lost some of the skin on my ring finger, and I think I sprained my pinky.

Lesson learned I guess.

Jowy
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
could be worse...after my twentieth birthday party one of my friends stole my totally sweet Batman toothbrush and I had to do the hangover march to the grocery store to buy a new one

i forget to take socks to work once in a while so i'll occasionally roll phat with some argyle socks and shorts when i'm at the gym.

Night Fury
09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't think I've done anything too stupid this week. (It is only Tuesday, I best not get too excited)

Sephex
09-11-2012, 06:47 PM

Well it's just sitting there in the Lounge all deleted and such when you could have just moved it. I'd see if there was a way to remove it, but I find it much funnier to leave it there for some reason.

Anyway, on topic: I had a bit of a fight with the wife on Saturday, got pissed off and punched a door as I stormed off. I didn't even think I hit it that hard but there's now a fist shaped hole in the middle, I lost some of the skin on my ring finger, and I think I sprained my pinky.

Lesson learned I guess.

Damn straight. That door ain't ever going to **** with you again.

Slothy
09-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Things tend not to mess with you when you punch a hole in their chest I suppose.

Sephex
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM

Things tend not to mess with you when you punch a hole in their chest I suppose.

This is the motto of everyone in Dragon Ball Z.

Pumpkin
09-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I left my mp3 player at the airport. I sat down and put it beside me while I called my mom. I was there for like two hours. Then I just got up and walked off. MP3 PLAYER GONE FOREVER. Luckily I have my music backed up on my laptop (which I didn't stupidly leave behind) and so now it's just a matter of buying a new one.

Goldenboko
09-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Accidentally left work headphones in pocket, went home, forgot to take them back to work. That was a long day.

Mercen-X
09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
My mistakes usually involve dropping food or fragile things or deleting files

Shorty
09-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Oh man, I forgot. I spill things. I spill things like you would not believe.

You have no idea how many times I've party fouled my gin and tonics. :(

Zombie
09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
1. You forgot your toothbrush, so it was not intentional/rational, therefore it can't be really labeled as "silly".

2. I don't remember doing any silly thing ̶a̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶j̶o̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ .

Christmas
09-13-2012, 08:39 AM
So I was wearing this nice dress to work one day and everyone's attention seems to be on me. :bigsmile:

Then a kid told me my price tag is still there. :(

Peegee
09-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I go to the dentist 2x a year (as opposed to 3x...stupid canada... but I digress) so I have a huge collection of toothbrushes and toothpaste. I leave them in my car.

you want?

Bubba
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I started a game of FFVII when I was in hospital. I won the chocobo race after the bit in Corel Prison before realizing I didn't pick up the Ramuh materia beforehand. I hadn't saved it since before the Dyne fight as well. What a mong.

I also left my Firefly boxset in my mum's car this morning. That means I'm stuck with re-runs of Two and a Half Men on Comedy Central. It's not funny.

milliegoesbeep
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Two and a Half men really sucks :(

I've spilt my drink on my laptop before.. D:

It still lives!

Raistlin
09-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I also left my Firefly boxset in my mum's car this morning. That means I'm stuck with re-runs of Two and a Half Men on Comedy Central. It's not funny.

At least now you know what hell is like.

Shorty
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
I go to the dentist 2x a year (as opposed to 3x...stupid canada... but I digress) so I have a huge collection of toothbrushes and toothpaste. I leave them in my car.

you want?

Yes, please! :love:

Forgot to do laundry so I'm wearing the same pants for third day in a row. Boo.

Sephex
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I started a game of FFVII when I was in hospital. I won the chocobo race after the bit in Corel Prison before realizing I didn't pick up the Ramuh materia beforehand. I hadn't saved it since before the Dyne fight as well. What a mong.

I like the part when Charlie Sheen says something while a laugh track plays while wearing a bowling shirt.

Bubba
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
I like the part when Charlie Sheen says something while a laugh track plays while wearing a bowling shirt.

It was seriously horrendous, Seph. I haven't been exposed to anything that bad for a while... I even turned over to watch Hogan Knows Best.

Citizen Bleys
09-13-2012, 08:22 PM

STOP USING DANGLING PARTICIPLES, PEOPLE.

Sephex
09-13-2012, 09:05 PM

STOP USING DANGLING PARTICIPLES, PEOPLE.

No.

Clo
09-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Yesterday I went to work wearing ONE EARRING. Hot mess, right here.

Jinx
09-13-2012, 09:52 PM

How did you figure that out? Your kids?

OR WAS IT PIRATE DAY?

Clo
09-13-2012, 09:55 PM
A student pointed it out. I pretended like I lost it, but I found it on the bathroom sink when I got home.

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 04:32 AM
I don't suspect anyone here has heard of Langanisa. It's one of my family's favorite foods. I ordered with a side of rice and over-medium eggs at a Hawaiian foodshack. What I got was a overcooked eggs with rice that tasted like water and... SPAM. I suspected I had been given the wrong order. Here's where it gets stupid. Rather than confront the employees, I ate the food. Maybe it's not so much stupid as spineless. Hell, actually, it may be brilliant as who knows what kind of person it takes to embitter a cook enough to sabotage your food and, frankly, this stuff looked enough like dirt. I HEREBY BOYCOTT L&L.

Jiro
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM
A student pointed it out. I pretended like I lost it, but I found it on the bathroom sink when I got home.

That's a very clever technique to be honest. I know a lot of people who would've just panicked.

Pike
09-16-2012, 12:37 AM
I do so many stupid things that I'm having trouble thinking of a specific one at the moment.

Shiny
09-16-2012, 04:47 AM

Hahahah

This is actually so dire that it's amazing at the same time.

One time a teacher went to school wearing a completely different shoe than the other one. Like one was a heel and the other was some type of flat sole black shoe. So don't feel too bad. It still isn't as dire as that.

My stupid ass misplaces stuff all the time. I end up leaving things everywhere and then forgetting or remembering when it's too late.

Laddy
09-16-2012, 07:15 AM
I always late until I'm on my last pair of clothes to do my laundry. It's not laziness I just always think of less important things to do instead. :monster:

MayraP
09-19-2012, 02:07 PM
I have lost my mobile phone in the tube.
This was entirely my fault.
Now I can't find the contacts of my very important client!

Clo
09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I have lost my mobile phone in the tube.

This reminded me. I had a coworker who tried to dry her cellphone off in the microwave.

Raistlin
09-19-2012, 10:41 PM
had a coworker who tried to dry her cellphone off in the microwave.

Bahaha, oh wow. Sometimes I am just utterly baffled that certain people are capable of functioning in their daily life. This is one of those times.

Shorty
09-19-2012, 11:19 PM
4jpAI0o79kw

Jiro
09-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Microwaves should not be used on anything that is not food. And I mean seriously, just put the food in there with nothing else otherwise you run the risk of exploding shit everywhere.