PDA

View Full Version : Oohh so that's what those headphones are for

Pike
09-12-2012, 02:05 AM
So I just went like a year not listening to any music at all, save for in my car or the occasional trip to YouTube. I think a lot of it had to do with how I usually have a game either going on or alt+tabbed and I just listen to the in-game music. I didn't even know where my music folder had gone since the last time I reformatted.

Then a few days ago I thought "Hey I've got a folder full of great music somewhere, let's pull it out again," so I dug it out of some external hard drive and started listening again. Hooray! My headphones are for more than just Skype and videogames!

Mostly I'm listening to Gangham Style on loop

Do you listen to music ALL THE TIME or are you terrible like me and only listen to it sometimes?

Agent Proto
09-12-2012, 02:14 AM
I listen to music sometimes. I used to have music on all the time, but then I realized how annoying that really could be and prefer the sound of silence over music which can get pretty shitty at times.

Raistlin
09-12-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm definitely a sometimes person. I'll go for long stretches of time when I don't listen to any music outside of the car. That isn't because I don't like to listen to music, but that I often just don't think to start playing it on my computer when I'm doing other things.

Jinx
09-12-2012, 02:26 AM
I don't have a hookup for my iPod in my new car, so I just listen to the radio.

I mostly listen to music when I run, or I listen to music when I clean and sing at the top of my lungs.

Slothy
09-12-2012, 02:32 AM
I won't specifically listen to music if I'm playing a game or watching a video/TV/movie/webcast or something, but other than that, it's pretty much all of the time. Particularly if I'm working on something that I need to focus on oddly enough. I'm a bit ADD and find that music gives me enough of something in the background to keep my mind focused without being too distracting. Plus I am a musician so listening to a lot of music just comes with the territory.

Freya
09-12-2012, 02:41 AM
I almost always have my pandora on. Grooveshark is great for having a self made playlist streaming so my crappy amount of memory on my computer doesn't get all used up. If you ever want a non-lyrical song for whatever mood you're in, I'm your girl.

Tigmafuzz
09-12-2012, 02:57 AM
I have a ridiculously huge playlist and have at least Winamp and/or VLC on in the background all the time. If I'm home and I'm not playing a game or watching a movie or something, there's always music on.

The Man
09-12-2012, 03:47 AM
I won't specifically listen to music if I'm playing a game or watching a video/TV/movie/webcast or something, but other than that, it's pretty much all of the time. Particularly if I'm working on something that I need to focus on oddly enough. I'm a bit ADD and find that music gives me enough of something in the background to keep my mind focused without being too distracting. Plus I am a musician so listening to a lot of music just comes with the territory.This, except that I haven't played an instrument in awhile, and also that I will sometimes even listen to music while playing games if the game doesn't have its own musical soundtrack. And also if it's just something like The Daily Show where there isn't much music to the show in the first place.

I'm approaching 200,000 scrobbles on my last.fm account for whatever that's worth.

Shorty
09-12-2012, 06:01 AM
I usually listen to last.fm while I'm at work, but I've been a busy bee lately and just haven't thought to open it very often. Working, driving and exercise are usually when I listen. If I'm at home on the computer, I'm usually watching a show instead of listening to music.

Jiro
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Music, always. Always music.

Night Fury
09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
If I'm on the laptop I'll have music on in the background, definitely. If I'm just doing things round the house I'll usually have the radio on - but most of the chart music is unbearable at the moment.

Except the Womping song. I love the Womping song.

Pike
09-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't have a hookup for my iPod in my new car, so I just listen to the radio.

I use CDs. :p

I'm definitely a sometimes person. I'll go for long stretches of time when I don't listen to any music outside of the car. That isn't because I don't like to listen to music, but that I often just don't think to start playing it on my computer when I'm doing other things.

Yep, this sounds like me most of the time.

Mercen-X
09-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I listen rarely. Sometimes I go to youtube. Mostly, the music I listen to is on the radio or on CD. Just yesterday, I listened to a full album of Green Day and also My Chemical Romance Black Parade both on YouTube.

Iceglow
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I listen to music like 95% of the time. Then again for the past 5 years almost I worked in a music store, it's kinda expected. I get really grumpy if I wake up and go out without having listened to music or without my iPod on me to do so on the way to where-ever. It's very rare I'll be doing nothing without music on at least. At work I can't listen to music because y'know my job is now going to be answering the phone all day but it's pleasant coming out of the office and plugging my earphones in once I've said goodbye to my colleagues.

Pheesh
09-12-2012, 11:57 PM
All the time. Aaaallll the time. You don't get better at playing/writing music or inspired by music unless you're constantly listening to it and learning from it, so I'm always listening to some form of music from my iTunes. I never listen to the radio or anything like that, unless I'm at work and we're doing something that my headphones need to be out f my ears for, and some other tradie brought a radio to work... those days make me sad.

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Pretty much the only times I'm not listening to music are when I'm in class or when I'm sleeping. I have an iPod hookup for my car so I can take all 13,000 songs with me everywhere. :D

Zombie
09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
I listen to music everyday, but not all the time, and sometimes I try to compose.