PDA

View Full Version : Airports

CimminyCricket
09-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Do you fly often? For the last couple of years I've been on and off airplanes quite a bit. Right now I am beginning the long wait of a three hour layover in Chicago. I'll have another 3 hour lay over once I get to St. Louis. What has been your longest flight or layover?

Bunny
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
When I was in the military, I would fly quite frequently between Maryland and California/Colorado. I do not fly near as often now though, which I guess is nice since tickets are expensive and dealing with airlines has grown fairly annoying. My longest flight was Maryland to New York, a two hour layover, and then to California. I think my longest layover was 6 hours.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
I have been on a plane 7 times in my life. Return trip when I was two, return when I was 16, return when I was 20 and a single about a month ago. I like flying, but I don't like planes. They are uncomfortable.

Laddy
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Not too often, but it's no big deal. Except for that one time I has an all-night flight next to a creepy guy who looked like Kevin Spacey. :monster:

Peegee
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm on several airplanes at least once (once being a multi week thing) a year.

Next year I plan to have two flights, but they are to untopic related vacation spots.

I hate layovers tbh - they are never 48 hours or whatever and so I cannot leave the airport to explore the town/city.

Raistlin
09-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I flew frequently growing up, as some of my relatives lived across the country. My longest flight was from Philadelphia, PA to France when I was 15 or so. I think it was 7 hours?

Sephex
09-12-2012, 10:58 PM
The last time I flew was in the summer of 1996. I am pretty sure I will have to fly again in my life time, and I now dread airport security since I have never flow post 9/11.

Shorty
09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I just got back from a trip where I flew up to see my family! I don't fly often - usually only a couple times a year. I prefer road trips, because they're usually with friends and so much more fun. That and I get sick on planes. :(

Longest flight has only been about two and a half hours. Not much more room for that when you only fly around in the west.

Agent Proto
09-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't mind flying, but airports can be tricky, I suppose. This one time, I almost missed a flight, mainly because the terminals were so far apart that it took a long time just to get to the other end of the airport. Never again would that happen, I hope. I think the longest flight I had was from Alaska to Japan (or was it Korea? I don't remember), which took place sometimes in 2003, or around that time. I was heading to the Philippines then.

Christmas
09-12-2012, 11:43 PM
My friend always warn me about flying. :bigsmile:
He said the plane will likely crash due to my HEAVY weight. :mymelbert:

Pheesh
09-12-2012, 11:49 PM
I fly quite often because my mother lives on the other side of the country, I try to visit her when I can get the time off. I like certain aspects of flying, but all the waiting (both on the ground and in the air) is the worst part. Less than a month I've got a 21 hour flight (with one layover), but at least the alcohol will be free.

Also I've heard American airport security is a real pain in the ass, so that should be an experience.

Pike
09-13-2012, 12:03 AM
I don't fly often. I never flew anywhere when I was a kid because we were poor so we would drive everywhere. So I never even got on an airplane until I was an adult and could afford to buy my own tickets.

Any of my current flights are all super small time (Montana -> Washington, so like two hours), but SOMEDAY work is going to give me time off and then I get to spend an entire day traveling to the UK to visit Hux :bigsmile:

Jiro
09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Caught a lot of planes earlier this year. Catching another in a week. Planes used to terrify me but then I realised that if we're going to crash then at least I will be able to find that one super fit bird that is always on a plane and go for broke. Can't lose.

Pheesh
09-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Caught a lot of planes earlier this year. Catching another in a week. Planes used to terrify me but then I realised that if we're going to crash then at least I will be able to find that one super fit bird that is always on a plane and go for broke. Can't lose.

I hate to rain on your parade, but every guy in the plane is going to have that exact same idea. There's going to be a line and a "draw a number" system.

Jiro
09-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Why do you think I'm a hurdler? I will be able to get to her very quickly. Also I always make a note of the most attractive woman when I get on the plane, so I'm already ahead of the pack.

As an aside: US Airport Security sucks ass man :(

Pheesh
09-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Y_Y

Can't they just care about stupid things like microscopic nits and pieces of fruit, like our security!?

Shlup
09-13-2012, 09:02 AM
I haven't flown in a couple of years, but I love airports. I'm going to go full-sappy here, but: They're full of tearful goodbyes, joyful reunions, fresh starts, and the excitement of adventure. I've never been unhappy while in an airport. Unless you count that time BJ and I spent two months apart while I visited my friend and he went on tour. I was excited, but who wants to be apart from their husband for two months?

The longest flight I've been on was twelve hours from Los Angeles to Tokyo.

SeronStar
09-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I've only flown twice in my whole life - from Heathrow to Toronto and back again. I'm actually really scared of flying...watching Aircrash Investigation doesn't help.

Bubba
09-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I flew to New York and back in April of this year. Not the same day, I obviously stayed for a while.

I'm not a very good flier. My imagination works overtime... "Is that twelve-year-old white girl a terrorist? Of course she is! It's the perfect disguise! In fact... I think that doll she's holding is ticking."

I put up with flying though because I want to see as much of the world as I can before my times up... before little Bridget destroys our plane with a controlled explosion. God damn you, Mattel.

Shiny
09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
When I was younger I'd fly every year, but now I'm terrified of flying. I don't know why this suddenly happened -- maybe too much watching the news and planes going down.

The only reason I'd probably get back on plane is to go out of the country. I'd really love to go to Europe and visit places like Greece. Planes aren't even my least favorite part. Airports are especially Newark Airport, LaGuardia Airport, and the massive airport that is Atlanta Airport.

Citizen Bleys
09-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I flew frequently growing up, as some of my relatives lived across the country. My longest flight was from Philadelphia, PA to France when I was 15 or so. I think it was 7 hours?

You've been to France?

Your family has been dishonoured.

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 04:07 AM
I been on one two-hour flight from Canada to LA. It was treacherous...ly boring.

Shorty
09-14-2012, 04:08 AM
Two hours from Canada to LA? What the hell kind of military speedster jet were you on?

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2012, 04:17 AM
I've flown a couple of times and I'm always so sadly impressed by everyone around me who just does not care what an amazing thing they've accomplished just by sitting in this craft. These people are MILES UP IN THE AIR and they just do not give a shit.

I love to fly. I don't care if it smells or the seats or small or the plane is noisy, it is amazing and beautiful and if you don't think so then you have no heart.

Of course I did have a really good experience with my first flight being over a cloudbank with the full moon shining down on them and making this incredible grey landscape below like I was floating above a different planet. Everyone around me was fucking asleep because they're morons.

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Two hours from Canada to LA? What the hell kind of military speedster jet were you on?

Well, I was in Duncan and actually, I think I landed in Sacramento. All I remember was landing in a big city. I fell asleep in what I imagine was a long car-ride home.

rubah
09-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Flying sucks.

Miss Lady Shelly
09-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Last time i was on a plane was when i was 15

Pike
09-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I've flown a couple of times and I'm always so sadly impressed by everyone around me who just does not care what an amazing thing they've accomplished just by sitting in this craft. These people are MILES UP IN THE AIR and they just do not give a shit.

I love to fly. I don't care if it smells or the seats or small or the plane is noisy, it is amazing and beautiful and if you don't think so then you have no heart.

I agree one million percent, foa. <3

Jiro
09-15-2012, 11:06 AM
I had a random thought about airports today but I suddenly forget. I hate security checkpoints though.