PDA

View Full Version : True Villain

Wolf Kanno
09-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Okay, so most fans know that Garland was nearly killed and then brought to the past to become Chaos by the Four Fiends, so he could in turn use his power to send them into the future to destroy the world. So my question here is this, is Chaos/Garland the real villain in all of this or do you feel he is simply a powerful but manipulated tool by the Four Fiends?

theundeadhero
09-13-2012, 12:44 PM
I think he's the real villain. He was seduced to the dark side and stole his princess away in a cave of his own free will. The current world is in the shape it is because from the past he sent the four fiends to dominate it. There's nothing to support that the fiends made him do it by threat or in payment for saving him. What I don't get is how he became chaos from just being Garland.

VeloZer0
09-13-2012, 12:52 PM
What if it was different in every cycle of the time loop. :eek:

Goldenboko
09-13-2012, 02:18 PM
No doubt he was the true villain, whether or not he started this crazy loop xD

Raistlin
09-13-2012, 11:57 PM
He was definitely used by the Fiends, but I'm not sure "manipulated" is the right word, because he was already an evil bastard who wanted to do evil bastard things anyway. The Fiends just gave Garland the means to do worse.

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 02:29 AM
I always took from his name (Garland - which happens to be something that forms a loop) to mean he did indeed start the time loop and was largely responsible for the events on the game. Doesn't mean the fiends weren't of any assistance of course.

Jiro
09-14-2012, 04:18 PM
He is the first boss and the last boss. He's the villain. You're asking too much from this simple game!

Laddy
09-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Yeah, Final Fantasy I isn't exactly a Christopher Nolan film in terms of complexity. :p

ReloadPsi
09-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah, figure out how the hell that time loop actually works. Then come back and say that again :P

Quindiana Jones
10-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I think the Four Fiends did manipulate him in a sense, but they chose to manipulate him because he was already an evil git. Garland is the villain in that he used the power of the Four Fiends to further his evil gittiness, but the Four Fiends are also the villains as they used Garland to further their own evil gittiness. It's a mutual loop of bastardry. :D

black orb
10-21-2012, 06:28 AM
>>> Garland only wanted his princess, he became a real threat after he stepped into the Chaos shrine where he was obviously influenced by 4 fiends evil power..:luca:

Christmas
03-27-2022, 01:12 AM
The real villains are the heroes who did not talk to Garland out of all this nicely. Violence should never be the answer to anything. We should all get along and love each others like tiny little Carebears. :bigsmile: