PDA

View Full Version : Cecil vs. Kain

Wolf Kanno
09-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Who would actually win in a fight? I mean an actual no-holds barrel battle royale. Who is actually the best in your mind?

Roogle
09-13-2012, 07:54 AM
If we go by Final Fantasy IV: The After Years as a guideline, Kain would win the fight. Holy Dragoon is a much better job class than Paladin. Kain can cast Blink and Haste!

VeloZer0
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
By gameplay I give it to Kain. I think story wise by the end of the game they are considered somewhat equals. I don't know if it clear if Kain stomps Cecil at the beginning of the game because he is legitimately stronger or if it is because Cecil isn't fighting all out.

Jowy
09-13-2012, 03:54 PM
jump attacks for gorilla damage vs some entry level healing spells

the answer is obvious!

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 06:09 AM
We seen Kain thrash Cecil good. It's not a difficult one to call.

Mercen-X
09-15-2012, 07:56 PM
If we go by Dissidia in which Cecil retains some of his Dark Knight repertoire, I can't pick a winner.

CimminyCricket
10-10-2012, 02:44 AM
I definitely think that Kain is the stronger of the two, but I'm not sure if he is the more disciplined fighter. I haven't played the After Years, I just did a very basic play through of the GBA version of FFIV.

noshowmillk
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Kain.

Faris
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Kain. Unlike Cecil, he can use jump and not be hit for a few rounds.

Red Mage Coffman
11-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Well... Kain. I was replaying FF4 Collection today and Kain jumped and raped Cecil for one hit. Programmed? Yeah. Still. Cecil's half ass white magic or his Darkness ability wouldn't amount to Kain's epic jump. To bad Cecil doesn't have the Hide ability. Then he could hide his shame.

Roogle
11-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I definitely think that Kain is the stronger of the two, but I'm not sure if he is the more disciplined fighter. I haven't played the After Years, I just did a very basic play through of the GBA version of FFIV.

Contrary to what you might think, Kain is presented as a stronger and more disciplined fighter in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. I wonder if they were trying to make a statement because Cecil had been ruling on the throne all those years.