PDA

View Full Version : SE prepares for launch of A Realm Reborn

Goldenboko
09-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Square Enix has announced a timeline regarding the shutdown of the current version of Final Fantasy XIV and the release of 2.0! Starting on September 29th 11:59 PM (PDT) SE will be suspending billing procedures for FFXIV until the release of a realm reborn. New accounts and registration will not be available during this time, nor will activation of any special item codes. The simultaneous subscription bonus for FFXI and FFXIV will be ended at this time as well.

The timeline breaks for a month until November 1st, when all character data including in-game saves, will not be recorded. This will last until midnight November 11th, when FFXIV service will shut down and Letter from the Producer LIVE Part III webcast will be released two hours later. Let the hype, begin​.

Raistlin
09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
It's a good thing I got my game in. I'll try to install everything this weekend and activate my account before I forget and then have to wait.

EDIT: Also, good to see other people caring about FFXIV and making updates. :)

Goldenboko
09-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Personally I don't plan on resubscribing until I've heard from people who've actually played A Realm Reborn, but I am anticipating!

Jinx
09-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Goldenboko's taking his Editor job seriously.

RAISTLIN I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH YOU :D

Loony BoB
09-14-2012, 07:13 AM
You've heard from me, GB! Get your butt into Sargatanas, chop chop!

Goldenboko
09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Have system requirements changed at all? My lappy is getting tired of bullshit :(

Loony BoB
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
People who could playit before should be able to play it in 2.0. People with lower level computers may be able to play it if they turn down settings, too. I believe the overall spec stuff goes like this: They're making it so people who have crappy computers can play it with crappy settings and people with amazing computers can play it with amazing settings.

Jiro
09-17-2012, 02:10 PM
If it can run on the PS3...

Rostum
09-17-2012, 11:16 PM
It's also the case of people who have crappy computers can play it and the quality will still be good, due to how the new engine works (and a good reason other developers were very interested in it).