PDA

View Full Version : Guys guys, Age of Adz is amazing.

snacks
09-13-2012, 09:23 PM
"Oh no not that whiny Sufjan Stevens music!" BUT YES THIS ALBUM IS POO POOING AMAZING YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND.

Coming from a standpoint where like, he was sick and he's trying to be better. He's really trying and he wants to be better and his illness (it was never really uncovered what he actually had) is taking over his life is just amazing and it bleeds into the songs so well.

That's at least what it means to me, anything like that for you?

Sufjan Stevens - I want to be well

IO17WyaU2mE

Jinx
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Skt, are you reading my mind?

I almost posted a Sufjan Stevens thread this morning! :3

snacks
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I....I didn't see it

*shuts down mind reading device*

Rantz
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I think it's pretty cool how he's sick and sings that he wants to be well.

But yeah Sufjan is pretty great! I have not listened to this contraption though.

krissy
09-13-2012, 11:43 PM
i liked that one ya

snacks
09-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah, that's a good song. I don't know he puts a lot of feeling into that album, especially because of his illness. It's a very complicated layered album but at the bottom of it, is just a dude who was sick and wanted to write songs reflecting that. I recommend "Age Of Adz", "Now That I'm Older", "Vesuvius" and like...well the whole album.

One of the things that really struck me is, we've (or at least fans have) always heard him in that whisper sing song type voice that he's done on other albums, but he really let loose in this album and he even admits that he really can't sing. But still the raw emotion behind his voice during this track and a few others, it's just SHIVERS.

Also All Delighted People (the album after this one) is a good album as well. Both versions of the title song are amazing.

pederloo
09-14-2012, 03:05 AM
good album.

Vesuvius is probably my favorite.

snacks
09-14-2012, 03:40 AM
follow your heart, follow the flames or fall on the floor

krissy
09-14-2012, 07:48 AM
im sad he never finished his 'write an album about every state' project
illinoise was great