PDA

View Full Version : Bayonetta 2

Elite Lord Sigma
09-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, it was thought until recently that a sequel wasn't going to materialize. Well, it turns out that Nintendo has stepped in to publish this game as an exclusive title for the Wii U to be released at launch.

'Bayonetta 2' Will Be A Wii U Exclusive Published By Nintendo - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/09/13/bayonetta-2-will-be-a-wii-u-exclusive-published-by-nintendo/)

Nintendo has announced, alongside the many other games coming to its next-gen Wii U system, that it will be bringing Bayonetta 2 to the console as a Nintendo exclusive.

This is welcome news for many fans of the original game after Sega cancelled the sequel.

If Nintendo is determined to get gamers excited about its upcoming system, they’re going about it the right way. After months of lackluster press about the Wii U’s supposedly current-gen graphics, a long list of games including many Wii U exclusives is just the thing to get people hyped.

Developed by Platinum Games, there are scant details at the moment, and just one very brief teaser trailer:

Suffice to say, 360 owners (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12840-Bayonetta-2-Announced--Confirmed-as-Wii-U-Exclusive.html) and PS3 owners (http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-7814-Bayonetta-2-Announced--Confirmed-as-Wii-U-Exclusive.html) alike are not pleased. However, I'm not mad about this, because moves like these are exactly what Nintendo should be doing. I have not played the original Bayonetta, but since it received a ton of praise, I think that this is a smart move.

Hollycat
09-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't care at all. Hated the 5 minutes of the first one I played.

Agent Proto
09-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Nintendo and Sega basically trolled those who were mad.

Bayonetta 2: Exclusively for Wii U. U MAD BRO?

I actually enjoyed the first game, the moments I played it, so I'm hoping to also enjoy this game, whenever I get to play it.

Jiro
09-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I think Nintendo should go to great lengths to secure exclusives like this purely so the console can be nicknamed the "Wii U MAD BRO"

Bolivar
09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I think it's incredibly bizarre that Nintendo would choose secure a bayonetta 2 game as opposed to an original wii u game or another of the countless franchises that gamers this gen are only vaguely familiar with.

Also, there's a difference between collaborating with a developer to craft an experience with only your technology and audience in mind and the much lazier practice of paying them a lot of money to NOT release it to other audiences. We saw one of these practices take rise this generation and I think gamers as a whole are worse off for it.

I'm not sure which one Bayonetta 2 definitively falls under, but to me such an awkard choice is one more ingredient in its ongoing recipe for disaster.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I think it's incredibly bizarre that Nintendo would choose secure a bayonetta 2 game as opposed to an original wii u game or another of the countless franchises that gamers this gen are only vaguely familiar with.

Also, there's a difference between collaborating with a developer to craft an experience with only your technology and audience in mind and the much lazier practice of paying them a lot of money to NOT release it to other audiences. We saw one of these practices take rise this generation and I think gamers as a whole are worse off for it.

I'm not sure which one Bayonetta 2 definitively falls under, but to me such an awkard choice is one more ingredient in its ongoing recipe for disaster.

My understanding of the situation is that the original game, while selling 1.9 million copies, was not successful enough for Sega to pursue a sequel; they're not exactly in the best financial circumstances right now. Sony and Microsoft were not interested when Platinum approached them, so they then turned to Nintendo to publish the game. For the developers, if Nintendo hadn't agreed to publish Bayonetta 2, it wouldn't have been made at all.

Bolivar
09-14-2012, 05:00 PM
My understanding of the situation is that the original game, while selling 1.9 million copies, was not successful enough for Sega to pursue a sequel; they're not exactly in the best financial circumstances right now. Sony and Microsoft were not interested when Platinum approached them, so they then turned to Nintendo to publish the game. For the developers, if Nintendo hadn't agreed to publish Bayonetta 2, it wouldn't have been made at all.

I understand. That's good for Platinum and hopefully it'll be good for Nintendo as well.

DMKA
09-15-2012, 03:52 AM
It seems like a silly move, frankly. I really enjoyed the first game but no way in hell will I be purchasing a Wii U solely for Bayonetta 2.

Depression Moon
09-15-2012, 05:24 AM
Wii U? The Fuk?

Sephex
09-15-2012, 05:37 AM
Loving the fact that Nintendo and Sega is trolling all the "hardcore" gamers.

"Oh no! I have to buy a kids system to get my rocks off again!"

Console bias was old back when it was Nintendo vs Sega. Though, I will admit it made more sense in those days since there were ACTUAL exclusives. These days, people argue which Call of Duty performs better on their half assed PC machines that break down in three or four years.

It's sad that younger gamers are conditioned to put up with this ****.

Shauna
09-15-2012, 12:30 PM
All this has done is make me consider getting a WiiU at some point in the future. I loved Bayonetta, so a sequel will be fabulous.

Beowulf
09-21-2012, 01:57 AM
I want a Wii U, actually. This is just icing on the cake for me.

Araciel
09-21-2012, 07:02 AM
It's Bayonetta 2...so I don't care where it goes.