PDA

View Full Version : What did Celes actually do that was so treacherous?

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 02:22 AM
The soldiers beating on Celes claim she's a traitor but I don't know if it's ever established what she did.

Also what mystifies me is that she basically decimated Maranda and yet objected to using poison on the Domans. Moral double-standards or something?

Hollycat
09-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Besting someone with a blade is honest. Poison is not.

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 03:36 AM
I believe Cyan said she "torched" the place, which could only mean that she had Magitek soldiers come all over with Fire Beam spam. Fire, poison, what's the difference really besides which side of you it burns?

Jiro
09-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Magitek soldiers are still killable. I mean, in theory. You can't kill poison, you can't even stop it. It kills indiscriminately. At least Magitek soldiers would spare women and children, in theory. All in theory.

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 01:55 PM
All in theory.
Teehee.

But back to the main topic: why was she a traitor? I don't remember it ever saying what she did that was so bad (for the empire) that she lost her general position and was tied up ready for execution all of a sudden.

Jiro
09-14-2012, 02:06 PM
There are allusions to her being a spy when the party returns to the Magitek Facility but I could never figure out if she was a spy for the Returners or the Empire. It makes little sense, I feel something there is lost in translation or left out altogether!

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Man, I just checked the FF Wiki and even they pretty much say that it's never really stated why she was a traitor. I doubt speaking out against poison could've been all there was to it.

Jiro
09-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Did she know what was going on with the Espers? Maybe that was it.

Roogle
09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Man, I just checked the FF Wiki and even they pretty much say that it's never really stated why she was a traitor. I doubt speaking out against poison could've been all there was to it.

Yes, I usually check other sources to give a proper answer, but it was never stated anywhere what Celes did to become branded a traitor.

theundeadhero
09-14-2012, 09:28 PM
It was never even hinted at.

Greatermaximus
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
She knew the war was bad.

Mercen-X
09-20-2012, 12:25 AM
The word "traitor" mistranslated. The actual intended word was "trailer trash."

Spooniest
02-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Oh, use your imaginations.

She objected to being told to take a Magitek Batallion to Maranda and trash it. When wind of it gets back to Gestahl (probably through Kefka), she gets some petty bullshit charge of treasonous actions on the field of battle and they schedule her for execution. If you can't control her, kill her. I think Locke's rescue of Celes was actually quite timely and Kefka's attempt to besmirch her good name with the party was just something he thought up on the spur of the moment cause he's a sadistic prick.

Like, she would have actually been executed if Locke hadn't got her out of there.

the_best_noob
02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
When Gestahl throws his banquet for you, he says that he regrets doing this. He states that Celes was the first one to realize this madness. My guess is that she either tried to stop Gestahl or refused orders to go do something inhumane for the war. Perhaps the torching of Miranda was for some different reason and they deserved it. It's like Half-Life 3, nobody knows.

Greatermaximus
02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Fiction, Non-Fiction are you going to know everything? Sometimes it's best to leave details out.

Christmas
06-26-2022, 11:22 AM
She ate the last piece of pizza which was reserved for the late David that is retiring on that day. They made a pact but her gluttony got the best of her. :(

PS: SHE DID NOT PAY FOR THE PIZZA!