PDA

View Full Version : A Letter From the Producer III

Goldenboko
09-14-2012, 02:18 PM
For those who don't know, FFXIV's changes have been addressed by the producer many times in the past. Once before doing a question answer session!

He's back at it again! This thread in their official forums is being used to ask the producer questions which he will answer! (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/54357-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-III-Q-A-Updates) Anyone with a Square Enix account can ask producer Yoshida questions about FFXIV and a Realm Reborn! Yoshida's answers will be posted to their live youtube and twitter! Get in there and ask questions!

When the Q&A is over, EoFF will have complete coverage of what was asked and answered!

Raistlin
09-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Stupid work and not being able to listen to this! :mad2: I'd usually be worried that he'd select some mindless fluff questions to respond to, but Yoshida has been pretty forthright about the game's deficiencies and the need for change. It should be interesting.

Loony BoB
09-14-2012, 10:41 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-K2_LUgOavaeUU55MX91XeNwicOZjuMw1yUbL8qeqk/edit?pli=1

Translation is up from a highly respected member of the FFXIV official forums, Reinhart. I think he might work for SE now, or soon, actually... he got headhunted when he constantly translated every Japanese developer post. xD

Raistlin
09-15-2012, 12:06 AM
I typed up a list of what I thought were the highlights from the Q&A about A Realm Reborn (I'm not sure if you want to update the article or even make this a new one or just leave it as a comment):

New content
• New primal battles to go along with Ramuh and Titan, and new shields based on them.
• A “variety” of new mounts.
• New housing system! Players can purchase land, and then will have the right to build a house. The house creation system will allow for a variety of unique houses, as players will choose from a list of individual parts. You’ll be able to adorn your house with furniture and even put a chocobo farm in your yard!
• There won’t be many entirely new areas for 2.0’s launch due to time constraints, but all existing areas will be completely revamped. Yoshida informed us that dungeons will be “three times the size they are now.”

New/improved classes
• Mustketeers, samurais, and ninjas! Yoshida also said we should look forward to “dual wield and double-barreled guns.” Sounds badass.
• Monks will be changing a lot, and the play style will be about constantly chaining skills.
• For new character selection, you will be limit to battle classes only. But after a tutorial the Armoury system will be unlocked, which will allow you to change the character into a Disciple of Land or Hand class.

Regarding the technical transition to A Realm Reborn:
• While dated items are not obtainable in 2.0, they will not be deleted. However, they may be made unique/untradeable.
• There will be no gil wipe, but the max gil will be decreased by a factor of ten (down to 99,999,999). Now you know the max amount of gil you can beg for.
• The inventory will be limited to 100 slots, but any items over that will not be lost. Instead, the items will be transferred to an NPC, who will give them to the player on request.

I want a chocobo farm.

Goldenboko
09-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks for getting that onto the frontsite for us Raistlin, I think a comment will, do I'll edit see below for details :)

Loony BoB
09-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm gonna make a nice house, but even more so I'm gonna make an freakin' awesome Linkshell building. I can't wait!

Jinx
09-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna make a nice house, but even more so I'm gonna make an freakin' awesome Linkshell building. I can't wait!

Make a special room for me, BoB. There's only one way I'm gonna earn gil in FFXIV.

Del Murder
09-23-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm intrigued by the idea of dual wielding pistols.