PDA

View Full Version : I am Number 13

Jiro
09-14-2012, 02:22 PM

Why doesn't Nanaki go apeshit like the rest of them? Why can't Nanaki be mindcontrolled by Jenovaroth? Is it because he's a furry? Is it because he's simply not human? Or is it because he was experimented on differently? I dunno man, mad Nanaki sounds baller to me.

Jinx
09-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Mad Nanaki?

Don't they just call that rabies?

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
He's #13 of a different line entirely. In earlier drafts of the script you were supposed to meet #14 and #15, evil clones of him, and fight them, but the idea was dropped. #1 through 12 are probably all just different odd species that Hojo captured to do research on. Along the same lines he would possibly have regarded Aeris as #14 if we ignore the clones that never were.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I read that, but yeah, his own numbered clones were supposed to be bosses in the north crater.

P.S. Love that you also rename him Nanaki ;)

Jiro
09-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I think I recall that same evil-clone-Nanaki thing. That would have been interesting! Do you still think it was Jenova cells though? I'm not sure now, maybe Hojo saw evidence that Jenova cells weren't working in his experiments what with all the wackjobs so he switched to something else.

Red XIII is an absolutely shit name, I have never ever ever used it.

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I used to sometimes shorten it to Red, but these days I prefer Nanaki. Quite ironically I still refer to him as Red XIII while I'm playing even with the name changed.

Red XIII - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Red_XIII)

There it is. I don't think there are any sources proving what they say here but fighting his mechanized clones as final dungeon minibosses would have been awesome.

Jinx
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I think I recall that same evil-clone-Nanaki thing. That would have been interesting! Do you still think it was Jenova cells though? I'm not sure now, maybe Hojo saw evidence that Jenova cells weren't working in his experiments what with all the wackjobs so he switched to something else.

Red XIII is an absolutely trout name, I have never ever ever used it.

It's Mufasa, mirite?

Mercen-X
09-15-2012, 08:12 PM
No, it's Scar

Clo
09-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I wish they had addressed that :(

Arizona Lively
09-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Naki fought the soldiers who tried to catch him and they slashed his eye out. Addressed.

Jiro
10-11-2012, 06:36 AM
nanaki is weird but i woulda liked to ride around on his back instead of chocobos for this one lol

Cloudane
10-12-2012, 09:31 PM
I love it later on when you've named him Nanaki.

"who's Nanaki?" Asks Cloud.
YOU smurfing named him!

Number 2 is the guy in the pipe who are sick. I tried to ask him who number one is but he just said "hurrrr... murrr.... you are number six"