PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Way Go Back

Jiro
09-14-2012, 02:47 PM

Okay so this is a weird one. The party meet Sephiroth (or whoever - not important) in Nibleheim and he talks about the Reunion. They've followed him here on rumours of men in black capes right. So then after that they run over to Rocket Town and there's no smurfing Sephiroth in sight. Additionally, Shinra are here and they've also been tricked.

Where the fuck did Sephiroth go? Did he mosey on out of Nibleheim the way he came? Why did he even go there? Was this the biggest practical joke ever? What the fuck man?

ReloadPsi
09-14-2012, 02:52 PM
He fell in a plot hole.

krissy
09-14-2012, 04:31 PM
CLONES

Jinx
09-14-2012, 04:36 PM
He mosey'd on over to Allmart.

Raistlin
09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Whatever that Sephiroth was, he could have just disappeared to fuck with the people tailing him. Sephiroth/Jenova seem to enjoy fucking with people.

Jinx
09-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Honestly, not really surprised they got lost and had to turn back. Navigating Mt. Nibel is smurfing impossible.

Sephex
09-14-2012, 07:26 PM
This scene bothers me for a completely different reason. With all the money and technology at Shinra's disposal, why the hell do they need the Tiny Bronco? They could have had the same sequence make more sense if they just swung by Rocket Town to stop Cloud and company from getting the plane.

The way Rufus comes off is that the Tiny Bronco is the only plane they can use for a worldwide Sephiroth search when they have the damn Highwind and other ship that ends up underwater at some point!

krissy
09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
bronco's way faster than highwind (or was before it got blown up), and can land on water. also they probably just want as many tools out there being used as they can get

Jinx
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
bronco's way faster than highwind (or was before it got blown up), and can land on water. also they probably just want as many tools out there being used as they can get

I wouldn't say so much that the Bronco CAN land on water, in as much as it was shot down into the water and can no longer fly.

krissy
09-14-2012, 09:34 PM
can you imagine going across the continent on a raft that is just a friggin messed up plane? what do they do for food, fish? there's no space in that thing for storage

VeloZer0
09-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Or they just happened to be in the Rocket Town area and nationalizing the Tiny Bronco seemed like an easier idea than heading back to Junon overland to pick up the Highwind.

Also, in the Junon part of the game the Highwind was temporarily out of commission. Maybe it still wasn't ready to go.

Night Fury
09-14-2012, 09:39 PM
He mosey'd on over to Allmart.

*chokes on cup soup again*

Smurfing hell!

SeronStar
09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Maybe Sephiroth got lost himself? Maybe that's why once the group gets to Rocket Town, they discover that they've gone the wrong way...

Mercen-X
09-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Sephiroth FLEW out of Shinra Mansion. Sephiroth was deliberately leading Cloud to Rocket Town as he hoped he'd be able to use the plane (he probably assumed it would fly and he wouldn't have to wait so long for the group to arrive at the Temple of the Ancients to deliver the Keystone and solve the puzzle that would unleash the Black Materia which he manipulate Cloud into handing over to him).

Christmas
09-15-2012, 06:01 AM
The real sephiroth is all the while in the northern crater. The "Sephiroth" that was encountered if I remembered, is actually Jenova herself. She morphed into Sephiroth after breaking out from the Shinra Building. That is why each time we encounter Sephiroth, we fight Jenova instead. :bigsmile:

I may be wrong though, been some time since I got into theories on FF games. :bigsmile: