PDA

View Full Version : Demons' Score

Jiro
09-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Square Enix continues their portable push with another iOS (and this time Android too!) game called Demons' Score. You might have guessed from the title that it is heavily based on music - in fact, it's quite a hectic looking rhythm game with a decent amount of action. Square Enix have released the opening video and a little tutorial video. Don't try and tap your computer screen though, I already tried it and it doesn't work!

We're being treated to quite a show here. For arguably such a minor game, Square Enix have assembled an impressive team. The composers - who are really the most important feature of a musical kind of game - include Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts), Keiichi Okabe (Nier/Tekken), ZUNTATA (Groove Coaster), Naoshi Mizuta (Final Fantasy XI), Ryo Yamazaki (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers), and Kohei Tanaka (Sakura Wars), with more rumoured to be on the way. Not bad at all, I must say! If you're a fan of games like Elite Beat Agents then this might just be up your alley.

Check out the video and all its cheesy dialogue below!
N_Tm1_f5wLU

Jinx
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Square's been way into the iOS and rhythm games lately.

Agent Proto
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM
There's like a huge market so it only makes sense for Squeenix to tap into it. This game looks pretty fun!

Mercen-X
09-14-2012, 05:08 PM
It looks pretty cool. Too bad I'll never play it.

Raistlin
09-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I viewed this mostly out of boredom, but I must admit, it does look cool. The rhythm mechanics seem interesting, especially when combined and fast-paced like the end preview, and I like the artwork and atmosphere.

Jiro
09-16-2012, 02:41 AM
The tutorial looks lame at first, but the ending shots show a load of frantic action, so it could be pretty awesome!

Mercen-X
09-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm looking into getting a new phone since mine isn't working properly. What phone do I need to play this? I understand iOS is compatible with iPhone but I read on wikipedia that Apple doesn't provide it for use with non-Apple products. My phone service is MetroPCS and while they have Samsung Smartphones, I don't think they sell iPhones of any brand.