PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Beer Ever!

ScottyRedXIII
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Beer, Larger what ever you want to call it, which one has made you want to piss in a bottle and drink that because the taste would be better?

Mine would have to be San Miguel, I hate the taste it has, it's tooooooo dark and makes me squint whenever I take a sip.

I would do a poll, but there are too many Beers around the world from different countries to make a poll.

Pheesh
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm not a fan of most stouts, but as for a beer that is just terrible I think XXXX Gold out of a bottle has to take the cake (it's slightly more drinkable on tap).

Faris
09-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Beer is disgusting. People will make me try it just to see the disgusted look on my face :irked:

Christmas
09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
No beer for me. NO BEER TUMMY FOR ME.:bigsmile:
I do drink a bit of cocktail though, not a big fan of alcoholic drinks. :bigsmile:

ScottyRedXIII
09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
But Isn't Christmas about being Jolly pissed out of your face?

Christmas
09-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Time has changed!! Now is the 2012, a new era for everything!! :bigsmile:

Faris
09-15-2012, 03:52 PM

But Christmas, 2012 is nearing its end! :(

Christmas
09-15-2012, 03:55 PM

But Christmas, 2012 is nearing its end! :(

Ya, I heard 2013 is all about drinking urine during Christmas. Holy! :(

Chris
09-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Ah, Christmas! How wonderful it must be to live inside that head of yours! :love:

Also, I despise beer, but I absolutely love ginger/beer cake.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/5474988626_c6d9db7367_o.jpg

Raistlin
09-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Natural Light, which is all a lot of the fraternities had when I was a freshman in college. Gross stuff.

Bunny
09-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I have never had a single beer that I have liked and the majority of my friends are brewers of some capacity and beer snobs.

ScottyRedXIII
09-15-2012, 06:04 PM
That cake does look good...

Quindiana Jones
09-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Most beers are piss water. Ales are sometimes nice. Cocktails are the bomb.

Sephex
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Love alcohol. Hates beer. I'm one of those.

Shorty
09-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Beer is mostly terrible and I will avoid it at all costs. The worst thing I have ever tasted in my life, though, is Kokanee beer.

Night Fury
09-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Beer/lager is all gross to me

Just give me Tequila any day.

SeronStar
09-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't like lager. I tried it once (I think it was Fosters or Carling...can't remeber which one), and went sick so much. Then I decided to try it with blackcurrent juice. Urgh. I prefer Malibu, Baileys, Vodka or cocktails.

Night Fury
09-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't like lager. I tried it once (I think it was Fosters or Carling...can't remeber which one), and went sick so much. Then I decided to try it with blackcurrent juice. Urgh. I prefer Malibu, Baileys, Vodka or cocktails.

If you like Baileys, you should try Kahlua :3

Shorty
09-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Kahlua is amazing!

Madame Adequate
09-15-2012, 08:59 PM
There's an attitude among Brits that American beer is terrible. Let me tell you a story here. The worst beer I have ever had in my life was some Bud. Jess and I picked it up when we were in NYC and it was so utterly bad that we poured almost all of it down the drain. It was revolting. It was truly, truly vile and I never want to taste anything like it again. Now the thing is it depends on brewery rather than brand; Bud here in England is generally okay, not amazing but not bad either.

On the other hand the best beer I've ever had is also American. These guys (http://www.bigskybrew.com/Home) know how to make themselves some beer and Trout Slayer is incredible stuff. Beer that is not to be tolerated but actually enjoyed.

Pike
09-15-2012, 09:02 PM
These guys (http://www.bigskybrew.com/Home) know how to make themselves some beer and Trout Slayer is incredible stuff. Beer that is not to be tolerated but actually enjoyed.

YES TROUT SLAYER

Jiro will confirm that.

As for me I usually prefer girly fruity drinks most of the time.

ScottyRedXIII
09-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I prefer Whisky or a Bourbon, Bells and Coke or JD and Coke will keep me happy for the night, but at the Clubs where my Uni is, you're looking at £4-£6 ago :( so beer is the cheapest option, so I can stomach Fosters, Carlsberg or a glass of wife beater.

Raistlin
09-15-2012, 09:22 PM
These guys (http://www.bigskybrew.com/Home) know how to make themselves some beer and Trout Slayer is incredible stuff.

I actually wondered for a second whether that was really "Trout Slayer" and if it was Steve's favorite beer.

NorthernChaosGod
09-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Natural Light, which is all a lot of the fraternities had when I was a freshman in college. Gross stuff.

That stuff is pretty bad. Does malt liquor count? Because Steel Reserve is pretty damn bad.

Bubba
09-16-2012, 12:10 AM
'Batch two' that my friends brewed at their house at the beginning of the year.

It was like drinking a tramp's bath water.

Jiro
09-16-2012, 12:49 AM
These guys (http://www.bigskybrew.com/Home) know how to make themselves some beer and Trout Slayer is incredible stuff. Beer that is not to be tolerated but actually enjoyed.

YES TROUT SLAYER

Jiro will confirm that.

As for me I usually prefer girly fruity drinks most of the time.

Confirming this. I dislike beer generally (gasp yes I know) but Trout Slayer was actually quite nice. Keystone beer is fucking disgusting. American beer in general. I had only one beer in my travels that was not utter garbage and it turned out to be Canadian.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Wtf, Dak. Why didn't you mention this? I would have made sure you had all kinds of good American brews.

I demand you come back now. :colbert:

Pheesh
09-16-2012, 03:31 AM
If this has turned into a general alcohol thread then I will always go for tequila or gin. Margarita, Tequila slammers, Tom Collins and tequila sours are the best drinks. Scotch and coke is also acceptable.

I drink beer in summer, but I don't really drink enough to get blind cause it makes my belly feel like crap.

Bubba
09-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Tequila tastes like burning.

Pheesh
09-16-2012, 03:39 AM
Tequila tastes like Mexican love :3

Bubba
09-16-2012, 03:41 AM

I'm glad you agree.

Citizen Bleys
09-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Heineken. I've said it before and I'll say it again: They make Heineken by wringing the ball sweat out of an ogre's loincloth.

Slothy
09-16-2012, 04:26 AM
There's an attitude among Brits that American beer is terrible.

That attitude is generally shared by Canadians as well. I'm not sure what I'd consider the worst off the top of my head. Most of the bad ones I've had are quite generically bad. Nothing memorable about them aside from the fact that I'd never want to drink them ever again. Some Canadian beers are on my list of stuff I wouldn't bother with. Some fairly local stuff like Moose Light I'd rather go sober than drink, but I drink beer because I like it, not to get drunk. EDIT: Oh, Bleys just reminded me of Heineken. Those crazy germans: they can build cars, drums, and god knows what else, but Heineken is an assault on the senses.

Luckily there are some selections of fine imported beers at the liquor store, as well as some local stuff there and at the bars. One of the bars in town has more varieties of beer than I'll likely ever have the chance to try (their beer menu is literally about 7 or 8 pages long). There's also a lovely local brewery called Picaroon's (http://www.picaroons.ca/index.asp) which makes some absolutely delightful stuff.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2012, 04:38 AM
I demand anyone that says American beer sucks to come visit me so I can take them to the best brewery ever.

I'll show you what that really tastes like when you visit.

Christmas
09-16-2012, 04:41 AM
It will be an honor to have beer with the most handsome man around here!! I wanna go!! :kaoclove:

Shorty
09-16-2012, 04:41 AM
ZING

I tried some Dead Guy Ale at the last bar I went to. Pretty damn good.

Heineken, Bud, Corona, Miller, and everything else in that category is piss.

Slothy
09-16-2012, 04:42 AM
I demand anyone that says American beer sucks to come visit me so I can take them to the best brewery ever.

It's not all American beer, just the bigger brewers that sell stuff out of the country as far as I know. I'm sure there's plenty of smaller brewers out their that actually employ people with taste buds.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Well the demand (or offer) still stands. I can never have too many excuses to go to my favorite brewery to drink. :monster:

Jiro
09-16-2012, 04:50 AM
It's a perception shared by the entire world, folks: American beer is literally worse than drinking urine.

Pheesh
09-16-2012, 04:58 AM

I'll show you what that really tastes like when you visit.

Always with the charms! :3

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2012, 05:41 AM
It's a perception shared by the entire world, folks: American beer is literally worse than drinking urine.

I'm going to piss in a bottle and recap it then give you that when/if you don't like the actual beer.

Shauna
09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
All of them.

Iceglow
09-16-2012, 12:23 PM
I think the worst lager I ever drank in astounding quantities considering how bad it is has got to be Samuel Smiths Alpine Lager. You can only really get it in Samuel Smiths bars in the UK and it's good for 2 things, de-greasing an engine block and making you wish you weren't so poor that Samuel Smiths was the only bar you could afford that night.

Generally speaking Samuel Smiths bars are cheaper in London than other pubs including most central london wetherspoons but the pubs come with some draw-backs, they only sell Samuel Smiths brewery products and well Samuel Smiths is shit. Everything they make is shit. Lager - Shit, Ale - Shit, Bitter - Shit, Stout - Shit, - spirits? = shit I wish I was kidding on that.

If we're moving away from Samuel Smiths then I'd say the worst tasting beer I've drunk would be Heineken, that and Grolsch give me an instant hangover due to certain chemicals in them.

I Took the Red Pill
09-16-2012, 03:28 PM
A lotta beer h8 in this thread. Makes me all :( inside

But the worst beer I've had was an Icehouse; I think I was a sophomore in college. It's the only beer I've had that almost made me vomit from the taste. I also abhor Old Milwaukee, which in my mind is drank exclusively by creepy uncles nationwide.

Citizen Bleys
09-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Those crazy germans: they can build cars, drums, and god knows what else, but Heineken is an assault on the senses.

Heineken is Dutch, not German

"American beer is like making love in a canoe: It's fucking close to water" ~Eric Idle

Yeah, why is there so much beer hate in a thread about shitty beer?

Slothy
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Those crazy germans: they can build cars, drums, and god knows what else, but Heineken is an assault on the senses.

Heineken is Dutch, not German

Wow, yeah. Why the fuck was I thinking it was German last night? Makes more sense then. What have the dutch ever done for anyone? :colbert:

Cuchulainn
09-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Despite my interest in this thread I am not gong to participate. I am so over qualified it would not be fair on everyone else.

Citizen Bleys
09-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Despite my interest in this thread I am not gong to participate. I am so over qualified it would not be fair on everyone else.

Hey, now, not all Irish beer is bad.

Harp's...acceptable.

I Took the Red Pill
09-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Yeah, why is there so much beer hate in a thread about troutty beer?Yeah I mean I was referring to the ten or so posts in the beginning of the thread vowing a distaste for all beers, but thanks for the clever quip.

Old Manus
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
I generally find it difficult to not like a beer, but sometimes I might get an off ale or a particularly strong cider that tastes like drinking pencils. Lagers all taste so blandly of next to nothing I find it difficult to believe people can not like them, or prefer a particular brand. I had a Grolsch once that tasted like death, but I think the pipes might have just been dirty or something.

The worst drink I had was probably something from the Titanic brewery. I forget the names of them but in my experience they universally taste like trout - apart from one brew I had about five years ago which was a stout called Velvet Curtain and was the best stout I've ever tasted. It was a shame that it was brewed specifically for the Wetherspoons ale festival and was never seen again.

Spirits & mixers and cocktails are dumb and for people who like the taste of sugar and are too scared to try real beers (and single mothers). I can respect drinking liquor neat, but the small measurements either mean your drink is over after fifteen minutes or it means you're already leathered after fifteen minutes. I'll just be chilling with my Hobgoblin watching the rugby.

Alpha2099
09-17-2012, 12:16 AM
It's been mentioned before, but it's so bad it's worth another mention: Natty Light.

Clo
09-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Natty Light is the worst. It's like drinking water stirred with piss that's been left out in the sun for days and attracted a pool of flies.

That being said, there is some delicious beer out there.

Christmas
09-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Spirits & mixers and cocktails are dumb and for people who like the taste of sugar and are too scared to try real beers (and single mothers).

http://home.eyesonff.com/members/15004-albums271-picture33484t.jpg

Miss Lady Shelly
09-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Beer gives me nasty heartburn... the only time i like it is when lager is mixed with hard cider.

Iceglow
09-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Beer gives me nasty heartburn... the only time i like it is when lager is mixed with hard cider.

Add some blackcurrant cordial to a 1:1 ratio mix of cider & lager and you have what we Brits call a Snakebite they're known for being able to get most people wankered inside of 4 pints. Add a shot of vodka to that mix and you have what is now known as a Venombite. A Venombite is the original Snakebite drink that doctors wanted made illegal since you could die after enough of them because of the alcohol poisoning it could induce. Most pubs will not serve a venombite full stop myself and my friends used to get around this by one buying a round of snakebites and the other buying a round of vodka shots and then dropping them in ourselves.

Miss Lady Shelly
09-17-2012, 07:20 AM

Add some blackcurrant cordial to a 1:1 ratio mix of cider & lager and you have what we Brits call a Snakebite they're known for being able to get most people wankered inside of 4 pints. Add a shot of vodka to that mix and you have what is now known as a Venombite. A Venombite is the original Snakebite drink that doctors wanted made illegal since you could die after enough of them because of the alcohol poisoning it could induce. Most pubs will not serve a venombite full stop myself and my friends used to get around this by one buying a round of snakebites and the other buying a round of vodka shots and then dropping them in ourselves.

It all sounds real good will have to try that sometime.

Jiro
09-17-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm a little bit concerned that people will die.

Bubba
09-17-2012, 10:21 AM
We Brits are silly like that. I have too used this tactic to create a venombite in a pub. I didn't know it was called that though.

Never come to Britain... it is a silly place.

Cuchulainn
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM

Hey, now, not all Irish beer is bad.

Harp's...acceptable.

Irish Whiskey = World Renowned (Jameson's, Bushmills, Powers)
Irish Stout = World Renowned (Guinness, Murphys)
Irish Beer = Alcoholic Urine

Bubba
09-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Drinking Guinness is like drinking death.

Quindiana Jones
09-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Guinness will turn you into a fat fucker within a week.

Slothy
09-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Guinness will turn you into a fat fucker within a week.

But it'll be a damn fine road to obesity.

NorthernChaosGod
09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Mmmm, snakebites. I'll have to try a venombite now.

Raistlin
09-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Drinking Guinness is like drinking death.

Agreed.

Shorty
09-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I like Guinness :(

Slothy
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
I like Guinness :(

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :beer:

Shorty
09-17-2012, 05:36 PM
:beer:

:love:

Iceglow
09-17-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm a little bit concerned that people will die.

Well tbf, there was like something in the region of like 6 deaths attributed to incidents involving people who'd drunk Venombites if I remember correctly. That was before they actually did have a ban put on bars selling Venombites as Snakebites. The Snakebite itself disappeared for a few years until it re-emerged a couple of years down the line. Not that pubs not legally being allowed to sell these drinks stopped people doing it and variations of it in pubs anyhow A common order was 1 pint lager, 1 pint cider, 1 bottle of blue wkd and an empty glass you'd then pour half the cider, around a quarter of the beer and top off with the wkd to the pint mark. That with a Smirnoff Ice would be reffered to as a Turbo Shandy though a WKD variant never officially got a name... myself and my friends used to know it as the SHT (Steve, Hannah, Tom) after the 3 of us who would usually be mixing these cocktails up in bars.

Slothy
09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Seriously though, I love a good stout every now and then.

Not Dark Force though. For those who've never heard of it, I tried it on the recommendation of a co-worker, but I've since heard it described as drinking from an ash tray which I'd say is fairly accurate. It's weird because I actually like the initial flavour a bit, but then there's that ash tray after taste and it just all goes to hell.

Bubba
09-17-2012, 06:11 PM
*Brofists Raistlin*

I do love real ale but Guinness is an abomination.

I accept that it is quite popular... just as long as Vivi and Shorty know that they are drinking the blood of the Antichrist.

Shorty
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
And I will continue to drink the blood of the antichrist just to spite you :love:

Slothy
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
My lack of belief in religion means I could care less about the anti-christ so long as their blood tastes good. Sure, there are better stouts than Guiness out there, but it's good in a pinch when I'm in the mood for one.

ScottyRedXIII
09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Hmmmmmmm, Antichrist.

starlet
09-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Steel Reserve. BLEGH! Natty lights pretty terrible too.

Araciel
09-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Marca Bavaria