PDA

View Full Version : The Poorly Made Taco Thread of Poorly Made Tacos.

Pike
09-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Have you ever eaten something where someone messed up the recipe so bad that it was basically inedible?

I've had biscuits where I swear someone must have dumped a jar of salt into the mix. It tasted like playdoh. :barf: (Do not ask me how I know what playdoh tastes like.)

Tigmafuzz
09-17-2012, 02:03 AM
(Do not ask me how I know what playdoh tastes like.)

But... that's so interesting.

NorthernChaosGod
09-17-2012, 02:05 AM
My mother once made a pumpkin pie several years ago and put in waaaaay too much cinnamon. The pie was spicy.

Jiro
09-17-2012, 02:10 AM
We once ate pasta that was covered in pizza sauce instead of pasta sauce.

Citizen Bleys
09-17-2012, 02:11 AM
-.-

You're walking on thin ice, Pike.

Jowy
09-17-2012, 02:14 AM
krelian making meatballs will always be worse

Raistlin
09-17-2012, 02:55 AM
I can't recall any personal experience, but I know from some unnamed person that has posted in this thread whose name starts with "C" and ends in "itizen Bleys" that tacos made with cabbage instead of lettuce taste absolutely terrible.

Also, a lawyer I used to work for is so incompetent at cooking that when he once tried to make pasta and red sauce during law school, he used tomato paste instead of actual marinara sauce. Unsurprisingly, that also was disgusting.

Agent Proto
09-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Have you ever eaten something where someone messed up the recipe so bad that it was basically inedible?

I've had biscuits where I swear someone must have dumped a jar of salt into the mix. It tasted like playdoh. :barf: (Do not ask me how I know what playdoh tastes like.)

Playdoh is rather bland tasting, so I doubt it would taste like that.

Citizen Bleys
09-17-2012, 03:05 AM
I can't recall any personal experience, but I know from some unnamed person that has posted in this thread whose name starts with "C" and ends in "itizen Bleys" that tacos made with cabbage instead of lettuce taste absolutely terrible.

You are so lucky I've already decided that death would be too good for you.

Pheesh
09-17-2012, 03:15 AM
I remember after a night of drinking we once tasked my friend with making breakfast. What came back was black bacon (like, black with maybe a few streaks of brown), burnt toast and these eggs that were kinda like a mix of scrambled and fried. He didn't care because he poured baked beans over all of it, you literally couldn't see the breakfast underneath the baked beans, but for the rest of us it was hard to get through.

Sephex
09-17-2012, 03:33 AM
I misread the directions for something microwavable. I was tanked because I was laid off at the time. Whatever came out of my microwave was not of this earth.

Raistlin
09-17-2012, 03:50 AM
Oh I remember one I inadvertently tasted over a decade ago: Jello and salt.

Shiny
09-17-2012, 04:02 AM
I make sure my taco is always fresh and delectable.

Tigmafuzz
09-17-2012, 04:03 AM
I make sure my taco is always fresh and delectable.

:roll2

Shorty
09-17-2012, 04:44 AM
Mom made clam chowder once but didn't rinse the pot well enough after washing it. Soap chowder is what we got instead.

Miss Lady Shelly
09-17-2012, 04:56 AM
As much as I love my step mom some of the things she has made just make my stomach turn.. and others were successful and others were a disaster turned into something good. For instance she made beef stu and somehow it came out to be like a soup but it still was awesome.

Christmas
09-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Eating the chicken's backside and finding shit's remnants in it? :mymelbert:

Quindiana Jones
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
My housemate made vodka pasta once. Basically, it's normal pasty with an alcoholic tomato sauce. You're supposed to use 9 tablespoons of vodka in the sauce.

She thought tablespoon meant ladle.

ReloadPsi
09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
My mother once made a pumpkin pie several years ago and put in waaaaay too much cinnamon. The pie was spicy.

This can best be expressed in Star Ocean 2 terms: "Gag! Retch... did you read the recipe?"

Jiro
09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
My housemate made vodka pasta once. Basically, it's normal pasty with an alcoholic tomato sauce. You're supposed to use 9 tablespoons of vodka in the sauce.

She thought tablespoon meant ladle.

That is hilarious. It also reminds me of that stupid woman who did the cinnamon challenge with a ladle.

Jinx
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Some of the shit I cooked before I knew how to cook was fucking brutal, man. I'm not even going to repeat it here, I'm so ashamed.

STILL PROBABLY BETTER THAN WHATEVER HAPPY NOODLE BOY COOKS THOUGH

krissy
09-17-2012, 02:56 PM
do you think he cooks noodles
special noodles
i mean it would make sense

Pheesh
09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Rarely. I can't afford a wok atm so stir fry doesn't feel right. When I move house I'm decking out my kitchen though.

Jiro
09-18-2012, 05:34 AM
do you think he cooks noodles
special noodles
i mean it would make sense

man I know what you mean

I hope so