PDA

View Full Version : Unintentional Rudenessso

Jinx
09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I have two hours between my second and last class of the day, so I decided to hit up Taco Bell for lunch.

This nice older gentleman decided to smile very kindly just as I crammed a Volcano Nacho much to big for my mouth INTO my mouth. Hence, I ended up giving him a very, "Fuck off why are you watching me gorge" look despite wanting to smile back at him. He then looked away a little hurt.

When have you done something that was rude that you didn't mean for it to be (possibly something you realized much later)? Did you try to remedy the situation, or where you too embarrassed/was it too late?

Madame Adequate
09-17-2012, 06:49 PM
When I was a kid, my dad who was an amateur musician would often show things off regarding what he was doing. At one point I noticed on a synth the sound set was titled "science friction", which at the time I thought was a dumb name - and said so. "What idiot named that?" He said nothing and much later I realized he'd looked hurt, so I figure he was the one who named it.

krissy
09-17-2012, 07:10 PM
my undergrad valedictorian speech was a discourse on economics, and it was incredibly boring (we were not in economics)
i kept laughing through it all because the wine was making me think this was all intentional and a social commentary/metaphor for the usefulness of graduation ceremonies
i went up to the guy and congratulated him on the joke speech
he said it was serious and looked a little taken back

his lady friend was standing right next to us, im never gonna have a chance with his gf sigh

Sephex
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I am told that in public I look very disgruntled or like I am about to snap when I actually usually feel just fine. However, there have been times that I have seen people suddenly get nervous around me because I guess I look like I am in a bad mood, ready to snap at any instant.

I think it is a defense mechanism carried over into adulthood from getting picked on when I was a kid.

Alpha2099
09-17-2012, 08:56 PM
I have a tendency to snap unnecessarily when I'm agitated. I also have a habit of making jokes that I think are funny but they're really not, either because they're truly not humorous or a little bit hurtful.

Jinx
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Unintentional title fail, guys. :(

krissy
09-17-2012, 09:05 PM
oh i thought you were being italian

Alpha2099
09-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Unintentional title fail, guys. :(
Don't feel too bad. The quirkiness of the title piqued my interest to actually read the thread.

Night Fury
09-17-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm quite socially awkward when it comes to meeting new people, and can be quite shy with not a lot to say. (I find it hard to just start a conversation, or switch a topic) so sometimes I think I can come across as rude, when really I'm just panicking inside!

Goldenboko
09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm quite socially awkward when it comes to meeting new people, and can be quite shy with not a lot to say. (I find it hard to just start a conversation, or switch a topic) so sometimes I think I can come across as rude, when really I'm just panicking inside!

Is that why you never PM'd me back ;D

Night Fury
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM

Is that why you never PM'd me back ;D

Now that I forgot about. D:

I will mention this, I'm terrible for getting back to PM's.
Because I always read them, "oh yeah I'll reply to that in a minute"

*1 week passes*

SMURF

I'll do it now :greenie:

Shorty
09-17-2012, 11:32 PM
I also thought it was espanol.

People seem to get upset when I call them dirtbags, but they don't see that I'm doing it with love :(

Christmas
09-18-2012, 12:45 AM
People seem to get upset when I kill their whole family and eat their offsprings, but they don't see that I'm doing it with love. :(

fire_of_avalon
09-18-2012, 12:50 AM
I can be really short and direct with people, especially if I'm in a hurry. So I'll look at someone and say "Did you do x,y,z?" and they look confused I just say "Nevermind, I'll do it," and I'm not trying to insinuate they're being lazy, I just want it to be done.

Shorty
09-18-2012, 12:50 AM
See, Christmas and I are experiencing the same kind of distress :(

Jiro
09-18-2012, 05:31 AM
I am always the nicest guy.