PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Things You Did When You Were A Little Kid

Pike
09-18-2012, 02:03 AM
I recall shoving a small toy or something up my nose and my mom had to go after it with tweezers. I don't know what on earth got into my head that made me think it was a good idea.

Laddy
09-18-2012, 02:09 AM
I swallowed a guitar pick!

Jinx
09-18-2012, 02:09 AM
I recall shoving a small toy or something up my nose and my mom had to go after it with tweezers. I don't know what on earth got into my head that made me think it was a good idea.

It was a popcorn kernel for me.

Clo
09-18-2012, 02:27 AM
I drew a picture mocking my little brother's face and held it over my face like a mask. Then he punched me in the face.

Miss Lady Shelly
09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
I was once terrified of those box fans and one day when i was like 3 i used scissors to cut the cord while it was on... needless to say.. i was a dumb kid.

Agent Proto
09-18-2012, 03:17 AM
I did some pretty dumb stuffs while I was a little kid. Stuff like touching a burning stove with my bare hands. Attempting to hold a hot pot without gloves, and my favorite, stuffing a marble up my bunghole. I don't know what was going through my head at the time at that point. I later pooped it out into the toilet.

:shobon:

Pheesh
09-18-2012, 03:51 AM
We lived right next to a big forrest and one day I just went walking off into it for ages. I went pretty damn far, but I never felt lost or anything and found my way back after a while. I got an absolute ear full from my mum though, she was pissed.

fire_of_avalon
09-18-2012, 03:54 AM
One time I tied myself to a tree.

Jinx
09-18-2012, 05:03 AM
I did some pretty dumb stuffs while I was a little kid. Stuff like touching a burning stove with my bare hands. Attempting to hold a hot pot without gloves, and my favorite, stuffing a marble up my bunghole. I don't know what was going through my head at the time at that point. I later pooped it out into the toilet.

That makes Pike's toy and my corn kernel up our noses sound like small cookies!

Citizen Bleys
09-18-2012, 05:09 AM
I wrote Frig7.

Jiro
09-18-2012, 05:16 AM
I wrote Frig7.
And you'll never be allowed to forget it.

I smashed my brother's head open with a rock.

Shorty
09-18-2012, 05:23 AM
I swallowed a handful of change. Quarter, nickel, dime, penny. No idea why.

Araciel
09-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Grew up

Bubba
09-18-2012, 09:57 AM

I did the same thing while me and my brother were throwing rocks into the sea. I still remember the exact words my Dad said to me...

"This is why you're so bad at cricket. You had the entire Atlantic Ocean to aim for... and you missed."

Pike
09-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Stuff like touching a burning stove with my bare hands.

I did that with a hot iron. I had to go to the hospital :(

Night Fury
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM

I have no words.

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
I joined a Final Fantasy forum. :laughing:

Slothy
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM

I did the same thing with a button as a child. My mom was going to sew it onto something and had to leave the room for a minute. She had it sitting on the table and and told me not to eat it while she was gone for two seconds. When she came back the button was missing and she asked me where it was. I said something to the effect of "button up my nose" and it was off to the doctor to retrieve it because I'd shoved it so far up.

That'll teach her. Tell me not to eat something? :argh:

I Took the Red Pill
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
dude Proto. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuck man

I liked to climb trees and then go out onto branches to test their structural stabilities. I ended up with a lot of bruises and fell into many moving bodies of water. I can't believe I never broke any bones doing it.

Slothy
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I swallowed a handful of change. Quarter, nickel, dime, penny. No idea why.

The fact that you swallowed one of each coin leads me to believe you might have wondered what they tasted like.

That or you figured why bother with a piggy bank when you've got a perfectly good hole you can stuff change in so it'll be there when you need it.

Jiro
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM

I did the same thing while me and my brother were throwing rocks into the sea. I still remember the exact words my Dad said to me...

"This is why you're so bad at cricket. You had the entire Atlantic Ocean to aim for... and you missed."

I at least hit my target. Granted I didn't really notice the size of the rock during our little play war. It just kind of smacked him right smack bang in the centre of his forehead and started pissing out blood. Even though I was five or so, I had the thought: should I kill him and bury him so I don't get in trouble?

Slothy
09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I at least hit my target. Granted I didn't really notice the size of the rock during our little play war. It just kind of smacked him right smack bang in the centre of his forehead and started pissing out blood. Even though I was five or so, I had the thought: should I kill him and bury him so I don't get in trouble?

Note to self, don't turn back on Jiro ever.

Raistlin
09-18-2012, 03:16 PM
When I was really little, I took a small water pistol and started shooting the TV. When my mom demanded to know what I was doing after the TV stopped working (it came back on after the screen dried), I responded earnestly with "I was shooting the bad guys!"

Jowy
09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
i put coins and playing cards in the NES a lot

Jinx
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
i put coins and playing cards in the NES a lot

Been watching Sephex's video?

Jowy
09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
i have no idea what you're talking about, i didn't know sephex when i was four years old!

Pike
09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
When I was really little, I took a small water pistol and started shooting the TV. When my mom demanded to know what I was doing after the TV stopped working (it came back on after the screen dried), I responded earnestly with "I was shooting the bad guys!"

"Raistlin" and "adorable" should probably not be in the same sentence but goddamn this is adorable.

krissy
09-18-2012, 04:53 PM
the clothes iron was on on the ironing board, and i was playing with lego and decided to see what would happen if i put the lego up to the iron. the lego melted, of course, and i thought wow that's interesting. so i put my finger up to the iron too.

Shorty
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
aww krissy :( I tried to make grilled cheese with my iron once! My mom tried to iron her shirt the next day and things did not go well.

Wesley, that is freaking adorable.

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2012, 05:01 PM
When I was 3, I put a fishing hook through my finger. I found it in the park, so naturally I jammed it in.

Slothy
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
When I was 3, I put a fishing hook through my finger. I found it in the park, so naturally I jammed it in.

This just reminded me of a time in french class in elementary school. We were given some buttons after some presentation or another in the morning. You know, the incredibly sharp, shouldn't be giving these to children campaign, style buttons. I decided the best use of this was to slowly dig a whole through a wooden pencil I had. At one point, while digging some of the wood away, my hand slipped and I drove it straight through the left side of my right index finger and out the other. Blood was dripping out of my finger as I slowly raised my other hand to see if the teacher had any band-aids.

Oddly enough it wasn't the last time I would bleed profusely in a french class.

Night Fury
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM

The image of that is really horrible!

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
You're telling me!

Iceglow
09-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I was about 4/5 when my brother was changing a light bulb that had just blown. Normally he'd wait and leave it to cool down but it was the main ceiling light in our lounge so it was kinda necessary to change it on a winter night. He took it out and told us not to pick it up as it'd be hot when he put it on the coffee table next to him (note he was using a cloth to prevent himself burning his hand it was so hot). Me being me, I got up and immediately picked up the bulb by the bayonet cap metal component which was even hotter than the glass! All 10 of my fingertips were burnt pretty severely, I screamed and dropped it and my sister being the cocky elder sister decided it clearly wasn't hot and I was crying like a baby over nothing picked it up by the glass bulb part straight after I'd dropped it. My nan thankfully who was a trained combat nurse in WW2 lived across the road at the time and she came over and immediately dressed our hands and treated us as best as possible for burns. I can't remember what degree the burns were too but I know they scarred. I have small bumps on the end of my fingertips that are raised up, which are actually the scars I have from that incident. Ever since this incident I learnt to be very careful with hot stuff and burning myself.

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2012, 10:00 PM
I stuck a penny up my nose before and my dad had to get it out with tweezers.

I got cracked in the head with a bat because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going when my cousins were playing homerun derby.

I shoved my brother over a fence because he was taking to long to climb it. He fell and cut his face open.

Jiro
09-18-2012, 11:48 PM
OH MAN.

I have a scar on my face from when my cousin and I decided to play power rangers. Fucker cut me with a knife.

Sephex
09-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I broke my parents waterbed in an upstairs room and didn't tell them about. I was busted a day later when water started to leak from the ceiling. That was still the angriest I have seen my father to this day.

Denmark
09-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I joined a Final Fantasy forum. :laughing:

yeah apart from this nothing really dumb. and i did this when i was 12 (kid? debate)

sharkythesharkdogg
09-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I had a bike when I was younger, of course. At some point I flipped it over a bush and slammed into a creosote coated telephone pole. I wound up with massive, creosote splinters buried in my back and arms.

Then I saw people racing bikes on TV, and noticed how they would lean the bike in corners. So naturally I leaned my bike way over, and it worked great. Until I hit gravel. I wound up with a rock trapped between my braces and my teeth. :|

In 5th grade I recieved a go-cart.

Evil Kenevil style stunt antics ensued. I did some massive jump I had no business trying, and I actually landed it. The issue was that on impact, my face slammed into my hands that were on the steering wheel. My teeth cut my hand down to the bone and it bled forever. :(

I also got a leather bull whip for Christmas one year, and spent all day everyday for months trying to swing from tree limbs like Indiana Jones. The whip broke, and I fell and cracked the back of my head open on a rock.

Jinx
09-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Then I saw people racing bikes on TV, and noticed how they would lean the bike in corners. So naturally I leaned my bike way over, and it worked great. Until I hit gravel. I wound up with a rock trapped between my braces and my teeth. :|

I probably laughed a little harder than I should have.

NorthernChaosGod
09-20-2012, 02:19 AM
I think Joe wins the thread.

Jinx
09-20-2012, 02:23 AM
I love that Joe ended up become a race car driver.

Jiro
09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
We made some pretty neat bike jumps out of random materials a la all those tv shows you see. We also used to ride really fast down a gravel hill (also a not gravel hill which resulted in one very memorable crash). And there was this one jump created nearby in the national park by some dirt bikers that I had an unfortunate stack on this one time. Kids and their bikes.

Shiny
09-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Ummm, Proto, I really don't want to know why you stuck a marble up your butt. Strange...

I can't remember every dumb thing I did when I was a little tot, but I do remember licking play dough. It tasted salty.

Shorty
09-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I just remembered that one time I put a tiny little kid-sized chair on top of the tall dresser next to my sister and I's bunkbed. She didn't like me being up that high and yanked on the leg of the chair, so I fell off and cracked my head open.

Probably shouldn't have sat on top of a fucking dresser in a chair.