PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy I, II, and III to recieve new novelizations

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Final Fantasy Memory of Heroes Novel Announced -- Andriasang.com (http://andriasang.com/con2k2/ff_novel/)

This is pretty interesting and I kind of hope it gets to be released out of Japan this time unlike some of the recent novels for FFIV.

VeloZer0
09-18-2012, 03:07 PM
This... could go either way for me. I've been in a rather pessimistic mood regarding SE of late, but it would be nice if they could pleasantly surprise me.

Alpha2099
09-18-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd be curious to read a novel of the original FF. They'd have to add a lot of depth to the storyline, plus give the characters names and personalities. The drawback is that they'd have to commit to only one group of four classes.

VeloZer0
09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Not really, if they are novelizing it there is no reason you can't have a band of 6.

Alpha2099
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM
But there was an inherent symmetry in Four Warriors of Light and Four Crystals. With six, what are the other two gonna do?

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't mind them sticking to four specific classes though, it would be interesting to see what they come up with. I wonder if Kenji Terada (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kenji_Terada) will be hired to help write the novels since he did write the original novelizations of the FFII and III and was also one of the main scenario writers for the first three games.

Bolivar
09-23-2012, 04:14 PM
This is something I feel like they should have already had. The worlds always had an alluded depth to them that the 8-bit cartridges just couldn't convey. I'd pick these up for the collector's value alone if they're released in English, or might just import the Japanese.

black orb
10-16-2012, 07:29 PM
>>> Im ok with fan fics but official novels will kill all the imagination and crazy theories related to those 3 games. I guess Dissidia is guilty of doing something like that too.
They have all the right to do it though. :luca:

Alpha2099
10-17-2012, 02:37 AM
>>> Im ok with fan fics but official novels will kill all the imagination and crazy theories related to those 3 games. I guess Dissidia is guilty of doing something like that too.
They have all the right to do it though. :luca:
I'd actually like a nailed-down plot to FF1. The time-loop storyline is good, but at times it gets confusing to figure out where it all begins.

Nightsintodreams
10-17-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm in favor of them making a novelization of the first three games...as long as they are released stateside for once, even if its only through the SE shop in limited quantities. There is no reason to exlude us from this as well.

I am personally hoping for a novelization of Final Fantasy XI though...I would love to have a keepsake book version of that game if the servers ever get shutdown.

Jinx
10-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm in favor of them making a novelization of the first three games...as long as they are released stateside for once, even if its only through the SE shop in limited quantities. There is no reason to exlude us from this as well.

I am personally hoping for a novelization of Final Fantasy XI though...I would love to have a keepsake book version of that game if the servers ever get shutdown.

I think I'd rather have a novelization of FFXI. I've never played it, but I hear it has a really immersive world and mythology. The only thing that might be hard is the fact it's an MMO and every character is personal/individual.

Nightsintodreams
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM

I think I'd rather have a novelization of FFXI. I've never played it, but I hear it has a really immersive world and mythology. The only thing that might be hard is the fact it's an MMO and every character is personal/individual.

Final Fantasy XI does have a super deep mythology to it, and its incredibly immersive...not to mention that the storyline isn't really all that hidden from you, especially once you start working through the expansions.

There used to be a History of Vana'diel website run by one of my in-game friends that actually detailed out all of the storylines (main and the expansions) that worked around the whole 'you are a main character' thing decently well. Its a real shame that the site went down a few years ago when she went abroad. :(

At least, most of the storyline can be solo'd now, since the level cap went up to 99, and SE removed level caps for the fights.

Shauna
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
It'd be cool if these were released in English somewhere.

There are lots of Japanese novelisations that I hear about that are not released anywhere. :(

Fynn
10-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I would actually love to read these, if only they got a translation. These things rarely get localized, which is a shame :( What do you think the odds of this being released in English are? I mean, it IS the 25th anniversary...

Evastio
10-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm interested in seeing if they use the 4 Onion Knights or Luneth and friends for FFIII.

I'm more interested in seeing what they do for the FFI cast, and if they plan on implementing Garland's Dissidia backstory (at least the part where he was used as a weapon by Lufenians. I don't expect them to implement the World A and World B and Cosmos backstories).

Hopefully they'll also shed some light on what happened to Leon during his Dark Knight conversion.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2012, 03:18 AM
This seems like a fun idea. I wanna read that untranslated novel I recently found out about FF2.

Yar
10-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Anyone know the release date, other than just fall?

Jiro
10-21-2012, 03:27 AM
Anyone know the release date, other than just fall?

Haven't heard anything sadly :(

Yar
10-31-2012, 02:05 PM
The book was released today in Japan. So I placed an order and it will hopefully be here by the weekend.

If I ever have some time to sit down and dive into it, I'll let you guys know how it is.