PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Things You've Done as an Adult.

Jinx
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Steve need not apply*

One time I got a flat tire but decided to drive on it anyways. It blew out, and I damaged my wheel, so I had to buy a new tire AND a new wheel.

What are some stupid things you've done as an adult, despite knowing it's a stupid thing to do? (Meaning that it's only 100000 times worse, because you knew better.)

Night Fury
09-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Most recently, anything to do with money and spending it on silly things.
Like tattoos and studded boots.

Which aren't silly... but... the money could have been better spent.

Clo
09-18-2012, 09:42 PM
There are those who believe everyone deserves a chance, and you should be nice to everyone no matter what. Fuck those people! The stupidest thing I've ever done as an adult is waste time on idiots who leeched off my energy and time.

Also, I've been driving around without a left-side mirror for two weeks. :greenie:

Jowy
09-18-2012, 09:43 PM
got an office job

Jiro
09-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Did shots before an 8am class. I don't know.

Christmas
09-18-2012, 11:53 PM
There are those who believe everyone deserves a chance, and you should be nice to everyone no matter what. smurf those people!

Omg, i think I am one of these! :bigsmile:

Post in this thread and get smurfed. :bigsmile:

Denmark
09-19-2012, 12:22 AM
One time I got a flat tire but decided to drive on it anyways. It blew out, <s>and I damaged my wheel</s>, so I had to buy <s>a</s> new tire<b>s</b> <s>AND a new wheel</s>.

Quindiana Jones
09-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm currently awake and watching anime, even though I have yet another 14 hour day tomorrow. Silly me.

Jinx
09-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm currently awake and watching anime, even though I have yet another 14 hour day tomorrow. Silly me.

Tu es un bête.

Sephex
09-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Act like I was the only person who ever had a failed relationship. It's sad how long it took me to be thankful that I didn't end up in a situation where I was divorced with kids, like tons of people I know of.

Alpha2099
09-19-2012, 12:42 AM
How about drinking an alcoholic beverage and then grading papers? 'Cuz I've done that more than once.

Pike
09-19-2012, 01:34 AM
I had a really old old OLD Chrysler LeBaron with an oil leak which I didn't bother to get fixed.

Eventually the engine blew up because I didn't put oil in it for like a week and it got completely dry. That was exciting!

Agent Proto
09-19-2012, 01:39 AM
That reminds me, I'm overdue for an oil change for my car! :D

Jinx
09-19-2012, 01:45 AM

Same.

Faris
09-19-2012, 01:51 AM
There are those who believe everyone deserves a chance, and you should be nice to everyone no matter what. smurf those people!

Omg, i think I am one of these! :bigsmile:

Post in this thread and get smurfed. :bigsmile:

Omg me too, let's start a club :bigsmile:

I also put the needs of others above my own. Slowly trying to grow out of that.

Bunny
09-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Joined the military.
Went to college.

Jowy
09-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Three thousand miles or ninety days! Proper vehicle maintenance is important. Learn to do it yourself.

The Man
09-19-2012, 03:21 AM
I've been celibate for seven years, which is primarily the result of a depressingly large number of stupid choices I've made. I kind of hate everyone.

I wasted way too much time in college too, and if I had known how much I would end up hating politics in this country I would not have made it my field of study.

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2012, 03:29 AM
The stupidest thing I've ever done as an adult is waste time on idiots who leeched off my energy and time.

This :bigsmile:

I kind of hate everyone.

Also this, yet somehow I still put others' needs before my own.

I am strange.

Iceglow
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Way too many things to count. I might know better but I also have to admit that I know myself better than to think that I can accept that I know how it will end prior to giving it one more shot.

Tigmafuzz
09-19-2012, 08:40 PM
I might know better but I also have to admit that I know myself better than to think that I can accept that I know how it will end prior to giving it one more shot.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

No seriously. Read that post again Steve. Do you even?

Mercen-X
09-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Admitting to people who I really am. When I see the look of disgust on their face, I then have to kill them. lol. Am I kidding? You don't know.

Jiro
09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Iceglow's post makes perfect sense in a horrifically vague kind of way. You have to be there, in a sense. I think there are always going to be stupid things we do. Realising it is the first step.

Shorty
09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Put school off. Dated people at work. Agreed to supervisor duties and six days a week without supervisor pay. Moved to Arizona. Moved to California with ex while having second thoughts. Signed a year lease with ex when I knew I shouldn't have and then broke said lease.

I have a plethora of good decisions under my belt.

Clo
09-20-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm with Shorty. Moving in with bad boyfriends has been a mistake of mine.

Iceglow
09-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Iceglow's post makes perfect sense in a horrifically vague kind of way. You have to be there, in a sense. I think there are always going to be stupid things we do. Realising it is the first step.

I kept the post deliberately "horrifically vague" there isn't a need to share details of what I've screwed up on at times. Those who know me well will likely have an idea of what I am alluding to in some regards. Either way I am a glutton for punishing myself by knowing what the outcome of something almost certainly will be but believing I can influence the outcome in to something different regardless.

Shlup
09-21-2012, 05:53 AM
My lawn was dying and I couldn't figure out why.

Turns out the automatic sprinklers were just set to "off" for like a month.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-22-2012, 12:19 AM
I had a really old old OLD Chrysler LeBaron with an oil leak which I didn't bother to get fixed.

Eventually the engine blew up because I didn't put oil in it for like a week and it got completely dry. That was exciting!

Same.

:nonono:

A good while back, I decided to try Nair on my beard (well, stubble) because I hated how shaving always gave me ingrown hairs. I put the Nair on, waited the appropriate amount of time, and wiped it off. The hair was supposed to wipe off with the Nair. It didn't.

The instructions warned against keeping the Nair on for too long, or using it in very close intervals. Since it didn't work, I decided that Nair was weak and crappy and I would put more on, and leave it on longer.

I eventually wound up with a totally radical, beard shaped chemical burn on my face for several weeks. It still didn't remove all of the hair, and my face hurt too much to shave. So I had to walk around with what looked like a combination of a really, really bad sun burn and the mange on my face.

:x_x:

Jinx
09-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Joe Bryan

You are wonderful.

NorthernChaosGod
09-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Joe, you are a mad genius.

Beowulf
09-22-2012, 02:32 AM
21st birthday. An entire week of my life gone. My god, I don't remember most of that week. I just remember the hospital.

Christmas
09-22-2012, 02:36 AM
And the nurses? :bigsmile:

Beowulf
09-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Can't say I remember them. I was getting my stomach pumped ._.

Jinx
09-22-2012, 03:03 AM

Same.

:nonono:

A good while back, I decided to try Nair on my beard (well, stubble) because I hated how shaving always gave me ingrown hairs. I put the Nair on, waited the appropriate amount of time, and wiped it off. The hair was supposed to wipe off with the Nair. It didn't.

The instructions warned against keeping the Nair on for too long, or using it in very close intervals. Since it didn't work, I decided that Nair was weak and crappy and I would put more on, and leave it on longer.

I eventually wound up with a totally radical, beard shaped chemical burn on my face for several weaks. It still didn't remove all of the hair, and my face hurt too much to shave. So I had to walk around with what looked like a combination of a really, really bad sun burn and the mange on my face.

:x_x:

The Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaantom of the Opera is heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

on EoFF

Araciel
09-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Fail upward.