PDA

View Full Version : Super deals

Raistlin
09-19-2012, 03:59 AM
So a while ago, my dad gave me a bunch of gift certificates for Men's Wearhouse (a major US clothing retailer) that he earned because he buys a bunch of stuff there, and between those and a buy one get one free sale, today I purchased two new suits for $100. Which I needed because I have to wear one every week day to work.

What good deals have you made recently?

Jinx
09-19-2012, 04:05 AM
I found a scarf on sell for $4 and I was well pleased.

Jowy
09-19-2012, 04:25 AM
When I was sixteen and had my first job waiting tables we uses to whip the metal lids from the foodservice sized cans of god knows what at the flourescent sign at Men's Wearhouse since it was right across the parking lot. We got a point if we hit the sign, two if we knocked a letter out!

I got my iPhone 4s for eighty-eight bucks. That was pretty rad.

Pike
09-19-2012, 10:20 AM
I basically emptied out my bank account for Steam sales. So many great deals.

Sephex
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Been getting into old Rareware games and found Banjo-Tooie for $14 with tax. I would have to pay more for it if I went online and picked it up for the same condition I got my cart.

Chris
09-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Bought an ultra-rare autograph on ebay for only $14 bucks! Seems like a trivial thing to waste money on, but I am sentimental.

Jiro
09-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Free food all the time. Just gotta know where to be and when.

Raistlin
09-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I want free food. :(

Amusingly, the suits cost as much to tailor as they did to buy.

Shorty
09-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I found a scarf on sell for $4 and I was well pleased.

you are so from missourah xD

My favorite gin marked down from $19.99 to $9.99, and then to $7.99. I don't know what the hell Safeway is thinking, but I'll take it.

krissy
09-20-2012, 04:56 PM
i got uncharted 2 and dead space for 20 bux together from a guy

Slothy
09-20-2012, 04:58 PM
So a while ago, my dad gave me a bunch of gift certificates for Men's Wearhouse (a major US clothing retailer) that he earned because he buys a bunch of stuff there, and between those and a buy one get one free sale, today I purchased two new suits for $100. Which I needed because I have to wear one every week day to work.

What good deals have you made recently?

A bit off topic, but get more when you can afford it. Wearing just two a day to work will wear through the pants pretty damn fast.

As for good deals, can't think of any recent ones. I did get Persona 4 for about $25 on Ebay, which is substantially less than the guys at the flea market wanted for it last time I saw they had it. This was a sealed copy as well.

Raistlin
09-20-2012, 05:07 PM
A bit off topic, but get more when you can afford it. Wearing just two a day to work will wear through the pants pretty damn fast.

1. I only wear one suit a day. :p

2. This is good advice, which is exactly why I got these suits when I was given such a deal. This brings me up to four suits and two jackets.

EDIT: also, speaking of gaming deals, I got the last Assassin's Creed in a pawn shop for like $8 when it was still $30 in stores and $20+ online.

Slothy
09-20-2012, 05:36 PM
1. I only wear one suit a day. :p

Bah, you know what I meant to type. :colbert:

2. This is good advice, which is exactly why I got these suits when I was given such a deal. This brings me up to four suits and two jackets.

That'll last a lot longer then.

EDIT: also, speaking of gaming deals, I got the last Assassin's Creed in a pawn shop for like $8 when it was still $30 in stores and $20+ online.

That reminds me that I got that game brand new for about $20 from Gamestop within weeks of it coming out. Some boxing day sale or something.

Shlup
09-21-2012, 05:55 AM
From late October to Valentine's Day, Disney employees get 50% off everything. I hope all my Christmas gift recipients like Mickey Mouse.

NorthernChaosGod
09-21-2012, 07:42 AM
If I send you money, will you send me stuff???

Raistlin
09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
From late October to Valentine's Day, Disney employees get 50% off everything. I hope all my Christmas gift recipients like Mickey Mouse.

I did the same thing in college with my college bookstore. I was a college intramural sports official, and for each sport the top officials would get gift cards to the college store. I ended up buying a lot of free or really cheap presents from there.